Bowman says Toews and Kane aren't going anywhere, ever

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I think Hammer's extension is about 1M less than he could have got.  Crawford's is about 1M too much.  Through the transitive property of asskicking, it all evened out. :)</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Yeah I think it's just about right for him. It's a really good deal for a very good player. What I said, I didn't mean to take anything away from Hammer, but if people are going to take my saying Hammer isn't as good as one of the premier young d-men in the league who will probably win multiple Norris Trophies before his career is done as some type of insult towards him, then I don't know what to say lol. Agree to disagree I guess.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="209204" data-time="1379222946">
<div>

When Hammer starts putting up 40-50 points a season (pretty much right out of the gate no less), then we can compare their contracts.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yeah, because that's the job of a defensemen.</p>

</p>

I'm sure you would much prefer Dustin Byfuglien's lazy ass on the blueline, where he has never been a plus player in his career. But hey, he consistently puts up points!</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="215382" data-time="1385498668">
<div>

That's not how I meant it. He was calling Hammer's contract a bargain compared to  Pietrangelo's and that it was a massive pay cut. But a guy like Pietrangelo is probably going to win a Norris Trophy or two  in his career, so of course his cap hit is going to be more. I love Hammer and what he brings to the team and it looks like he's going to have a career year this season, but...... he's not Pietrangelo. That guy is just as good defensively as he is offensively.  To say Hammer should be getting somewhere near what Pietrangelo gets is crazy, unless his offensive game takes leaps forward.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Just saw this now, sorry to jump down your throat. </p>

</p>

perhaps we should compare Hammers contract to Ryan Mcdonnaugh, or what Dan Girardi signs for this off season. </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Pietrangelo is one of the best two way d-men in the league. There's is absolutely no comparison to Byfuglien. What you're saying would be like discounting Keith and all the points he's able to put up along with also being great defensively.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="215400" data-time="1385501718">
<div>

Pietrangelo is one of the best two way d-men in the league. There's is absolutely no comparison to Byfuglien. What you're saying would be like discounting Keith and all the points he's able to put up along with also being great defensively.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Thing is Keith has been a hot mess all but like 3 games this year on the backend, his assists notwithstanding (and in all fairness, he's been great the last two and the one against the Sharks).  He was also a hot mess the year after he won the Norris, but was lights out in 2010 and 2013.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
I meant just in general. What he's usually known for.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No wories. but I've found when it comes to the Norris invariably it goes to offensive defensemen, unless you're 6'-8" and a ballerina :).  When that happens in general the backend play is sacrificed.  I think it's too early to tell if Pietro will be a Keith--when his O is always good and you have a good chance at his D being good, A Mike Green where he's essentially a 13th FWD, or the full package like the Great Orr but not *as* good.  Time will tell.</p>

</p>

And don't get me wrong...I love Keith in the lineup as well and shudder to think if he played for someone esle, but there are times I expect Crawford to put cheese whiz in his skates.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="215400" data-time="1385501718">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

read my post above. Since you didn't quote what you were replying to, I just saw that you were saying the contract wasn't worth it because he didn't put up points. Context is everything.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Yeah I see it now. There was no real point in quoting something from someone that has you on ignore. But what he was saying was yet another bad hockey thought.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="215404" data-time="1385502205">
<div>

Thing is Keith has been a hot mess all but like 3 games this year on the backend, his assists notwithstanding (and in all fairness, he's been great the last two and the one against the Sharks).  He was also a hot mess the year after he won the Norris, but was lights out in 2010 and 2013.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Keith has had to spend an awful lot of time covering for Seabrook this season. If Q trusted Leddy more, you'd see Hjalmarsson up with Keith and Seabrook drop down to pair with Leddy, and Oduya would pair with Roszibank until Seabs straightened himself out.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="215551" data-time="1385576377">
<div>

Keith has had to spend an awful lot of time covering for Seabrook this season. If Q trusted Leddy more, you'd see Hjalmarsson up with Keith and Seabrook drop down to pair with Leddy, and Oduya would pair with Roszibank until Seabs straightened himself out.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

No you wouldn't.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
24:06  G: 1 A: 19 +/- 9 PPP: 6 SOG: 72</p>

</p>

</p>

Keith is an utter beast. Quietly working his way into the Norris conversation....has he had some lapses yes, but if Subban is gonna be winning these things Keith is in the conversation.</p>

R K

Last two weeks he's been very good.  To say he's covering for Seabrook constantly is a stretch.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="215565" data-time="1385585580">
<div>

Last two weeks he's been very good.  To say he's covering for Seabrook constantly is a stretch.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I mean he's 2nd in points among Dmen tied with Subban, and Karlsonn is more like a forward when I see Ottawa play. People overlook and do not appreciate how great we have it with #7 and #2 back there. They are mammoths for a top pair. </p>

R K

Yea I posted something about that the other day.  But it takes two of them to maintain the top pair.  They feed off each other.  1 is +11 and the other is +9.  Only time that +/- means anything is when it's a high number either way.</p>

</p>

I do not see Keith bailing out Seabrook no more than Seabrook bails out Kieth.  I also don't think Q would mix match them with ANY other pair unless they were not playing like the top d pair they are.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="215567" data-time="1385587122">
<div>

I mean he's 2nd in points among Dmen tied with Subban, and Karlsonn is more like a forward when I see Ottawa play. People overlook and do not appreciate how great we have it with #7 and #2 back there. They are mammoths for a top pair. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

QFT</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="215551" data-time="1385576377">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Up until a bit before the circus trip, Both Keith and Seabs have been hot messes with Hammer and Oduya basically carrying the D (And Leddy carrying the mail up the ice).</p>

</p>

Believe me seeing Keith and Seabs giving themselves a rectal craniectomy is a good thing.  To quote Sean Connery, "The only thing that matters is the Grail".  As hard as it is to win the cup, it's a lot easier to do if Keith and Seabs are playing like Keith and Seabs. </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
Lately, Keith has been playing like a demon. It's almost as if once Pat & Edzo started hyping him as a Norris candidate he figured he'd better start living up to it. He won't have to out-score Karlsson or Subban to win the damn thing, he'll just have to be close - he's a better defender than the other two when his game is on.</p>

</p>

It's hard to not love a team where somebody like Nick Leddy is in the 5D slot, and you can have guys like Shaw and Bickell on your third line.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="215883" data-time="1386105304">
<div>

Lately, Keith has been playing like a demon. It's almost as if once Pat & Edzo started hyping him as a Norris candidate he figured he'd better start living up to it. He won't have to out-score Karlsson or Subban to win the damn thing, he'll just have to be close - he's a better defender than the other two when his game is on.</p>

</p>

It's hard to not love a team where somebody like Nick Leddy is in the 5D slot, and you can have guys like Shaw and Bickell on your third line.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Agreed.  Ultimately it doesan't matter who it is on the team; if they are playing bad they need to be called for it and if they're playing good they are doing nothing but helping.</p>

</p>

We just have to make sure we solve some of the teams like Anaheim and Colorado (which I'm sure we will) and we're gonna be in good shape this year.</p>