Brad Biggs: Fields hasn't played well enough; has not arrived as a passing QB

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
they are obviously looking at progression. it's week 16 bruh.

The NFL is a <what have you done for me lately league>. A 7 of 21 for 75 yard effort in an indoor stadium has am sure gotten a few to jump off the early Fields bandwagon.
I still believe in Fields, and was obviously trying to draw a parallel to Hurts, who was in a practically identical situation last year, bruh...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This board has turned into a Just Fields dick sucking cult.

Why is it so taboo to talk about how bad of a passer Justin Fields has been so far in the NFL? Yes his line and receivers suck. There have been plenty of teams over the past years that were terrible and the quarterbacks still managed to throw the ball and have a few 300 yard multiple td games here and there. The rules have favored offense and throwing the ball for a while now.

The league has been filled with bad QBs on bad teams putting up 300 yard games and 3-4k yard seasons. Why can't Justin Fields? How does a nobody like Mike White come in on a 4-13 terrible Jets team and throw for 405 yards and 3 tds but Justin Fields can't even hit 300 yards yet in 2 seasons?

If Justin Fields was actually a talented passer the way the NFL is set up he would have lucked into a big passing game by now. There would have been at least one game against a bad defense under the right circumstances where they had a bad day and Justin Fields would have gone off regardless of the talent around him. It happens all the time.

There definitely needs to be more people questioning why it hasn't happened for Justin Fields yet.

It hasnt happened for him yet because he doesnt throw enough. No QB with 20 attempts a game would consistently throw for 200 yards much less 300 because the NFL leader in yards per pass is Tua at 8.9 yards. That would be 180 yards over 20 attempts.

If you want him to get 300 yards he would likely need to throw it 35-40 times a game.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Why is it so taboo to talk about how bad of a passer Justin Fields has been so far in the NFL? Yes his line and receivers suck. There have been plenty of teams over the past years that were terrible and the quarterbacks still managed to throw the ball and have a few 300 yard multiple td games here and there. The rules have favored offense and throwing the ball for a while now.

The league has been filled with bad QBs on bad teams putting up 300 yard games and 3-4k yard seasons. Why can't Justin Fields? How does a nobody like Mike White come in on a 4-13 terrible Jets team and throw for 405 yards and 3 tds but Justin Fields can't even hit 300 yards yet in 2 seasons?

If Justin Fields was actually a talented passer the way the NFL is set up he would have lucked into a big passing game by now. There would have been at least one game against a bad defense under the right circumstances where they had a bad day and Justin Fields would have gone off regardless of the talent around him. It happens all the time.

There definitely needs to be more people questioning why it hasn't happened for Justin Fields yet.

Name 2

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Fields' passing stats would have been so much better if he could've padded them against a super-cupcake defense...unfortunately that defense is the one he's on the same team with lol

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Just going back to last season Mac Jones had 3800 yards as a rookie with 2 300 yard games and a 299 one. Consensus here is he sucks.

Taylor Heinicke had over 3400 yards with a 300 yard game.

Thats just a few from last year. Looking at 2019 there was Kyle Allen (who?) Gardner Minshew and Trubisky with over 3k yards and multiple 300 yard games.

It shouldn't be that hard to hit those numbers for Fields when those guys are doing it.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Just going back to last season Mac Jones had 3800 yards as a rookie with 2 300 yard games and a 299 one. Consensus here is he sucks.

Thats just a few from last year. Looking at 2019 there was Kyle Allen (who?) Gardner Minshew and Trubisky with over 3k yards and multiple 300 yard games.

It shouldn't be that hard to hit those numbers for Fields when those guys are doing it.
So now we are ignoring offensive talent and just looking at the QB? You said plenty of bad QB’s with bad OL and bad WR’s. I’m waiting for these teams

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I'm a big Fields believer but I've never once argued that he's finished developing as a passer - he's 23 years old. He'll be 24 by the start of next season. He's had good moments and he's had bad moments - such is life with a young QB. He's not a finished product but he also is doing way more than I ever expected with this roster. In context with the supporting cast (worst OL, worst WR rooms and worst defense in the league), I think he's well on his way to being a top 10 QB in the near future.

His completion percentage is up over 60%. Not great but considering the number of drops by teammates on catchable balls, it's lower than it should be. However, it's improved from a year ago and with more passing attempts (270 last season, 318 this season). His average throws are up from 6.9 to 7.1 yards per attempts, again, another improvement. Passing yards are up though not by anywhere as much as I'd like to see totals wise (2,242 this year compared to last year's 1,870). TD passes are up from 10 a year ago to 17 this season, another improvement. Interceptions are also up from 10 last year to 11 this year - not a huge change but still, would prefer it go downward. QB rating was 73.2 a year ago, it's at 85.2 this year, good improvement. His QBR was 31.4 a year ago, it is 53.9 this year (it would place him 17th at time of posting). An improvement but obviously a ways to go to be an elite QB.

Rushing wise, obviously, he's been spectacular. A year ago, he was at 5.8 yards per attempt on 72 attempts for 420 yards. This year, he's at 7.1 yards per attempt on 160 attempts for 1,143 yards. In future seasons, I hope to see him max out at around 120 rushing attempts at most (that would be 7 attempts per game). This year he was closer to 11 rushing attempts per game. Fumbles were worse this year (still an issue he needs to work on) as he had 9 fumbles this year compared to 4 last year (according to espn.com). His production touchdown wise was way better than a year ago as he had only 2 TDs last year and 8 this season. Only Jalen Hurts at 13 rushing touchdowns had more at the QB spot. Overall, 25 total TDs, 11 INTs,1 lost fumble (according to espn.com) so a 2 to 1 turnover rate, that's an improvement.

Hopefully with improved talent surrounding him, he can take the next step. It would help significantly if they could get to a league average OL and a true #1 receiver. Then we can see whether Mooney or Claypool are capable as a #2 receiver or if they're more like #3 receivers (like I believe) on a championship caliber roster. And like I've said before, if the supporting cast does improve significantly and Fields doesn't, then I have no qualms moving on from him.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
BigTom sounds like a guy who hates QBs who don't look like Chris Simms.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
League had been around for over 100 years and there has been, 1 got damn Tom Brady. Only dude to do it with no true #1 receivers, with that said he had the best or one of best TEs in the league. Fields has none of that. These ?s are comical

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Heinecke, the QB who just got benched? Gotcha. Should Fields be more like him?

Is it the rushing you don't like? Or is 300 yds your bench mark for a great quarterback? Or are you saying Fields is no good because even shitty quarterbacks like Heinecke throw for 300 yds once in 20 starts? What is it that you are saying?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
BigTom sounds like a guy who hates QBs who don't look like Chris Simms.

I don't know if you've heard of the Fields Defense League, but you would be an excellent addition to our club.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Heinecke, the QB who just got benched? Gotcha. Should Fields be more like him?

Is it the rushing you don't like? Or is 300 yds your bench mark for a great quarterback? Or are you saying Fields is no good because even shitty quarterbacks like Heinecke throw for 300 yds once in 20 starts? What is it that you are saying?
Uhh... the point was that Heinicke sucks and nobody would want him as their QB. And yet his passing is far superior to Fields. So what does that say about Fields passing ability. Your focused on the 300 and ignoring the 3400 yards. 1200 more than Fields.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Uhh... the point was that Heinicke sucks and nobody would want him as their QB. And yet his passing is far superior to Fields. So what does that say about Fields passing ability. Your focused on the 300 and ignoring the 3400 yards. 1200 more than Fields.

So no other variables other than Heinecke sucks and nobody wants him so lesser passing stats than Heinecke means Fields sucks harder? Should the Bears trade for Heinecke? Again I ask---- What the fuck are you saying? Fields sucks as a quarterback? Say what you mean big guy.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Look, we all get it. You and the handful of people who agree with your post hate black quarterbacks but would carry water for guys like Mitch Trubisky and Rex Grossman.

No need to pretend its anything else....

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Using heineke as your example is the perfect way to show you have literally no clue wtf you’re talking about

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This is not complicated. Fields is NOT the reason the Bears suck.

The other 52 players are the problem. Fields is not a great passer right now, but he is NOT the reason they suck.

Pointing at the QB is the lazy fans default excuse. If the rest of this team was filed with "average " players the Bears would be a 500 team.

IF the Bears had average WR's, OL, and coaches they would be in the playoff hunt. Lazy media and fans do not want to go to the trouble of listing all the problems with this team, just kick back and cry about the QB.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I just want to know who’s alt he is

He'll never say. Scared bitches stay scared bitches.

No doubt someone who failed at one name and needs another to try again.