Brad Biggs: Fields hasn't played well enough; has not arrived as a passing QB

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's just fucking sad at this point.

You are seeing legacy Bears beat media who have gotten fat and happy off of selling QB panic to Bears fans desperately trying to generate a narrative in the vain hopes that it somehow convinces the Bears they need to draft a new quarterback, which resets the clock for them to generate more QB panic.

These lazy fucks are absolutely shameless.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Circumstances matter. I guess an incomplete (which is where his passing grade stands) is not a pass grade but it's also clearly not a fail nor replacement grade when almost everyone he was throwing to or blocking for him at the end of the year was close to a fail. He's easily shown enough to try and build around. You don't 'arrive' until you have but that's an impossibility without more help.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's just fucking sad at this point.

You are seeing legacy Bears beat media who have gotten fat and happy off of selling QB panic to Bears fans desperately trying to generate a narrative in the vain hopes that it somehow convinces the Bears they need to draft a new quarterback, which resets the clock for them to generate more QB panic.

These lazy fucks are absolutely shameless.
Your buddy DBB was trying to do the same thing when Fields was playing poorly earlier in the season.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Before the Justin Defense League gets in a tizzy….

Ask yourself…

Has Fields played well enough?

Justin himself would say no.

Is there anyone out there who thinks he has played well enough? Put it on the record!

Yes, the oline sucks. Yes, the receivers suck.

But Fields still needs to play better. He’s still not a finished product. I promise you he’d say the exact same thing.

Why does this common sense shit offend y’all?

Seriously this should not be offending you guys. I think the guy has an MVP ceiling. Love the kid. Would love to build around him for 10+ years if it works out. But saying something as basic as he hasn’t arrived and he needs to play better offends you? C’mon….

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I have been completely honest on Fields. Criticized when he deserved it and applauded when he earned it.

But this level of criticism is getting stupid. At the end of year 2 he is so much more impactful than Trubisky was and Trubisky was still getting defended and not called out.

We can have the discussion at the end of next year about his passing game.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:

Its pretty similar to the Lamar Jackson story in Baltimore. His passing woes would be so much more concerning if he wasn't lighting it up in other ways.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who cares. Fields will not succeed or fail based off of what Biggs or anyone else thinks. All that matters is how he builds off the experience gained this year and how the Bears improve the talent around him.

Last edited:

BigTom

Liked Posts:
This board has turned into a Justin Fields dick sucking cult.

Why is it so taboo to talk about how bad of a passer Justin Fields has been so far in the NFL? Yes his line and receivers suck. There have been plenty of teams over the past years that were terrible and the quarterbacks still managed to throw the ball and have a few 300 yard multiple td games here and there. The rules have favored offense and throwing the ball for a while now.

The league has been filled with bad QBs on bad teams putting up 300 yard games and 3-4k yard seasons. Why can't Justin Fields? How does a nobody like Mike White come in on a 4-13 terrible Jets team and throw for 405 yards and 3 tds but Justin Fields can't even hit 300 yards yet in 2 seasons?

If Justin Fields was actually a talented passer the way the NFL is set up he would have lucked into a big passing game by now. There would have been at least one game against a bad defense under the right circumstances where they had a bad day and Justin Fields would have gone off regardless of the talent around him. It happens all the time.

There definitely needs to be more people questioning why it hasn't happened for Justin Fields yet.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He is not completely wrong...but I would say a key word that is missing is "yet".

I hate comparing players, but Jalen Hurts was also not developed as a passer last year, he actually had 1 fewer TDs thrown and 2 few interceptions, but the Eagles had a decent O-line and the likes of Devonta Smith, Dallas Goedert, Zack Ertz and Jalen Reagor. Hurts also lead the team in Rushing yards and TDs last year.

I actually see several Eagles games each year, and I liked Hurts, but I think that Justin can be better...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Before the Justin Defense League gets in a tizzy….

Ask yourself…

Is there anyone out there who thinks he has played well enough? Put it on the record!

Yes, the oline sucks. Yes, the receivers suck.

But Fields still needs to play better. He’s still not a finished product. I promise you he’d say the exact same thing.

Why does this common sense shit offend y’all?

Seriously this should not be offending you guys. I think the guy has an MVP ceiling. Love the kid. Would love to build around him for 10+ years if it works out. But saying something as basic as he hasn’t arrived and he needs to play better offends you? C’mon….
He can absolutely improve, but he’s already proven with weak support he’s one of the most dangerous dual threat weapons in the NFL.

Imagine him being able to step up in a clean pocket…

Imagine receivers getting a clean release and early leverage on their defenders…

Imagine receivers making catches at critical stages of a game…

Imagine a defense that doesn’t immediately lose every lead they’re given…

Imagine him being paired with a RB that can house runs that Herbert or Montgomery get dragged down on after 20 or 30 yards…

Fields can be lethal with even mid-level NFL talent around him. It’s crazy what he’s been able to do with this depleted roster.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
@MDB111™ can you tell certain posters are starting to turn again after Fields biggest stinker since TNF? I guess we should expect some off-season threads about trading for Stidham and Purdy :ROFLMAO:

Save us Ben DiNucci !

It's funny because I dont think anyone has polarized it to the point of "picking a side" except dbldoo and BR and possibly now NoonTurdy. I think we all want Fields to be good and be better when he shits the bed. But the need for labeling someone "offended" or in the "Fields Defense League" is funny to me.

Say whatever the fuck you want about Fields without being a pussy about it. If your take sucks, you'll get return fire on here.

Pretty sure there isn't one camp or the other on CCS. It's retardid takes and not retardid takes.

And yeah, this post was inspired by @BaBaBlacksheep

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
He can absolutely improve, but he’s already proven with weak support he’s one of the most dangerous dual threat weapons in the NFL.

Imagine receivers getting a clean release and early leverage on their defenders…

Imagine him being paired with a RB that can house runs that Herbert or Montgomery get dragged down on after 20 or 30 yards…

Fields can be lethal with even mid-level NFL talent around him. It’s crazy what he’s been able to do with this depleted roster.

These excuses are only valid to some posters for quarterbacks like Mitchell Trubisky, Mac Jones, Nathan Peterman, and Trevor Semen.

@dbldrew

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
It's funny because I dont think anyone has polarized it to the point of "picking a side" except dbldoo and BR and possibly now NoonTurdy. I think we all want Fields to be good and be better when he shits the bed. But the need for labeling someone "offended" or in the "Fields Defense League" is funny to me.

Say whatever the fuck you want about Fields without being a pussy about it. If your take sucks, you'll get return fire on here.

Pretty sure there isn't one camp or the other on CCS. It's retardid takes and not retardid takes.

And yeah, this post was inspired by @BaBaBlacksheep
Lol this is a joke. You know damn well there are plenty of Fields stans that have polarized it into picking a side.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

We agree.