Brad Biggs: Fields hasn't played well enough; has not arrived as a passing QB

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just going back to last season Mac Jones had 3800 yards as a rookie with 2 300 yard games and a 299 one. Consensus here is he sucks.

Taylor Heinicke had over 3400 yards with a 300 yard game.

Thats just a few from last year. Looking at 2019 there was Kyle Allen (who?) Gardner Minshew and Trubisky with over 3k yards and multiple 300 yard games.

It shouldn't be that hard to hit those numbers for Fields when those guys are doing it.
On 25 passes a game? Lmao

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'm a big Fields believer but I've never once argued that he's finished developing as a passer - he's 23 years old. He'll be 24 by the start of next season.

The hype for Justin vs Mitch Trubisky was due to the fact Justin played a shit ton moar games in college in a more competitive conference, larger hostile crowds and his showing out vs Alabama.

These were all factors to assume a quick transition to the nfl . . . Ooops!

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Just going back to last season Mac Jones had 3800 yards as a rookie with 2 300 yard games and a 299 one. Consensus here is he sucks.

Taylor Heinicke had over 3400 yards with a 300 yard game.

Thats just a few from last year. Looking at 2019 there was Kyle Allen (who?) Gardner Minshew and Trubisky with over 3k yards and multiple 300 yard games.

It shouldn't be that hard to hit those numbers for Fields when those guys are doing it.

The consensus on Mac Jones is that he sucks and I agree this year he has sucked. Will he in the future? I don't know. I don't watch him consistently enough to confidently say whether he'll be good, meh, or sucky in the future. His QBR has dropped from 56.9 a year ago down to 32.6 this year. Basically a flip flop of him and Fields. Much like I don't think you can hold Fields supporting cast against him, I also don't think it's fair to not acknowledge Mac's got the worst offensive coordinators in the league so this very well may be a fluke year.

As for Heinicke, he was in his 4th year in the league. He had 20 TDs, 15 INTs and 3400 yards, a passer rating of 85.9 and a QBR of 45.8. This year (his 5th according to espn.com) he has 1,859 yards, with 12 TDs and 6 INTs, a passer rating of 89.6 and a QBR of 45.2. He's basically the same guy as a year ago just with fewer attempts. He's got 1 thing though that Justin Fields does not and that's a true #1 receiver in Terry McLaurin.

As for the other three guys, they're all currently backup QBs in the league.
- Minshew had plenty of positive moments in Jacksonville but got traded away after the Jags drafted Lawrence. Now he's stuck behind Jalen Hurts. I hope to see him one day get another shot but we'll see. From a passer rating and QB rating, he's having the worst season of his career despite it being his most talented. I surmise it's probably a case of lack of in-season reps and limited attempts.
- Trubisky won the job and then was benched for Pickett. He seems destined to be a late-stage Andy Dalton type who will win a starting job until the QB of the future is ready. The stats will be there but his play seems to leave that team searching for other options.
- Kyle Allen had Christian McCaffery and DJ Moore. One game against the Packers with 1 td, 1 INT and on 28-43 passing for 307 yards. The other was a 31-50 passing performance with 4 INTs in a blowout loss 29-3 against the Falcons. So high passing yards but it came with a price.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
He'll never say. Scared bitches stay scared bitches.

No doubt someone who failed at one name and needs another to try again.
Lolol I like that it bothers you so much. My IP isn't the same as any other that has been here, and it isn't a proxy. Maybe I contacted my ISP and had them change my static IP? The world may never know.

Imagine being so upset and theorizing about somebody potentially making an alternate account on an internet forum. LOL.

Fields Defense League, UNITE!!!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You could coordinate your club on a secret dischord channel and tag each other when Justin needs defending.

You could also join that discord and be a mole before leaving

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Lolol I like that it bothers you so much. My IP isn't the same as any other that has been here, and it isn't a proxy. Maybe I contacted my ISP and had them change my static IP? The world may never know.

Imagine being so upset and theorizing about somebody potentially making an alternate account on an internet forum. LOL.

Fields Defense League, UNITE!!!

So you moved. Got it.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Before the Justin Defense League gets in a tizzy….

Ask yourself…

Has Fields played well enough?

Justin himself would say no.

Is there anyone out there who thinks he has played well enough? Put it on the record!

Yes, the oline sucks. Yes, the receivers suck.

But Fields still needs to play better. He’s still not a finished product. I promise you he’d say the exact same thing.

Why does this common sense shit offend y’all?

Seriously this should not be offending you guys. I think the guy has an MVP ceiling. Love the kid. Would love to build around him for 10+ years if it works out. But saying something as basic as he hasn’t arrived and he needs to play better offends you? C’mon….
The reality is there is only so much a young QB can grow with a supporting cast this bad.

There’s a reason Fields was still making progress as a passer every week until this entire offense went from mediocre back to complete trash with no Mooney and major injuries to the offensive line.

The idea some Bears fans/media expect him to be wrecking teams from the pocket right now like 2004 Peyton Manning while throwing to St Brown and Dante Pettis is hilarious to me

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The reality is there is only so much a young QB can grow with a supporting cast this bad.

There’s a reason Fields was still making progress as a passer every week until this entire offense went from mediocre back to complete trash with no Mooney and major injuries to the offensive line.

The idea some Bears fans/media expect him to be wrecking teams from the pocket right now like 2004 Peyton Manning while throwing to St Brown and Dante Pettis is hilarious to me

You’re the one saying this though. Biggs simply said he had work to do and hadn’t arrived yet. This is 100% factually correct. He also correctly acknowledged the roster issues Fields is dealing with. It’s not a shot at Fields. It’s just where things stand.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Uhh... the point was that Heinicke sucks and nobody would want him as their QB. And yet his passing is far superior to Fields. So what does that say about Fields passing ability. Your focused on the 300 and ignoring the 3400 yards. 1200 more than Fields.
Fields scored more TDs this season than Taylor did in '21

BUT PASSING YARDAGE! You dolts act like volume doesnt play a role in any of this.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Such short memories. Acting like we didn't go through this with Cutler. He had special arm talent too like Fields legs that kept stringing people along believing next year would be the year. It was the line, the receivers, the offensive coordinators. Everyone but the QB. The fun new twist this time is if you critique the QB you're a racist.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So you moved. Got it.
I don't think @Cabbage King is an alt at all. It is funny that he is caping for posters who are on their second or third accounts though, and some of the shittiest, laziest trolls on the forum.

Btw who was the poster who called Fields haters racist? He didn't name a name but I see a lot of the resident extremist posters trying to claim victim to that sort of thing....

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Such short memories. Acting like we didn't go through this with Cutler. He had special arm talent too like Fields legs that kept stringing people along believing next year would be the year. It was the line, the receivers, the offensive coordinators. Everyone but the QB. The fun new twist this time is if you critique the QB you're a racist.

I get what you’re saying but Cutler got a lot longer though. So did Trubisky.

I don’t think giving Fields another year is unreasonable. The roster does suck. But he did improve. Not guaranteeing he’ll be Allen but the situations are sorta similar.

I certainly don’t want to go down the big second contract route again like they did with Cutler unless we’re 100% sure he’s the guy though. Next year is big.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Cutler ran for 1100 yds!!!!??? You're right, my memory sucks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I get what you’re saying but Cutler got a lot longer though. So did Trubisky.

I don’t think giving Fields another year is unreasonable. The roster does suck. But he did improve. Not guaranteeing he’ll be Allen but the situations are sorta similar.

I certainly don’t want to go down the big second contract route again like they did with Cutler unless we’re 100% sure he’s the guy though. Next year is big.
Just face it, there is a reason why certain posters are giving Fields a way shorter leash than someone like Cutler or Trubisky, despite those guys having nowhere near the generational talent Fields has. it's his dancing imo

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
The hype for Justin vs Mitch Trubisky was due to the fact Justin played a shit ton moar games in college in a more competitive conference, larger hostile crowds and his showing out vs Alabama.

These were all factors to assume a quick transition to the nfl . . . Ooops!

I wasn't here for any discussion pre-May 1, 2021. I didn't read here very much early on either so I don't know what the pre-draft discussions and expectations were like. I thought he would have a quick transition to the NFL too but circumstances have delayed that. Nagy clearly preferred to have Dalton play the entire season last year as he didn't have a clue how to use Fields. Then this year, the 1st year GM gutted the entire roster.

So I guess it depends entirely on how much you expect a 2nd year player to do with the very limited supporting cast around him.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't think @Cabbage King is an alt at all. It is funny that he is caping for posters who are on their second or third accounts though, and some of the shittiest, laziest trolls on the forum.

Btw who was the poster who called Fields haters racist? He didn't name a name but I see a lot of the resident extremist posters trying to claim victim to that sort of thing....

Not sure? I know I called Dbldoo a racist many times. But i genuinely believe he is a closeted bigot. Never called anyone else racist...I don't think?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just face it, there is a reason why certain posters are giving Fields a way shorter leash than someone like Cutler or Trubisky, despite those guys having nowhere near the generational talent Fields has. it's his dancing imo

He is a good dancer.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol this is a joke. You know damn well there are plenty of Fields stans that have polarized it into picking a side.

Sure let's call the one side that you're not on "Stans".

From what I've seen of that side, they started out this year not sold on fields. They were talking about a new GM and potentially needing a new quarterback because Fields may not be a part of the bigger picture. Boy if they are just dick riding they're doing an awful job of it!

Then I saw fields start to string some games together and throughout the heart of the season when we lost seven games by less than a touchdown, usually because of a defensive lapse or a crappy wide receiver dropping a perfectly placed ball, that side that you claim was dick riding started to come around and actually see everything for what it was - that we had a team full of future Burger flippers and Fields was practically carrying the entire team on his back all while running for his life behind a truly horrendous offensive line.

And he set NFL records doing it.

So really the side you are calling dick riding Stans, appear to just be people who started out in a position of total objectivity and change their minds on Justin Fields based on what Justin actually did on the field...

... You know as opposed to the handful here who hate him because he's a black quarterback. ?