Brad Biggs: Fields hasn't played well enough; has not arrived as a passing QB

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
It's funny because I dont think anyone has polarized it to the point of "picking a side" except dbldoo and BR and possibly now NoonTurdy. I think we all want Fields to be good and be better when he shits the bed. But the need for labeling someone "offended" or in the "Fields Defense League" is funny to me.

Say whatever the fuck you want about Fields without being a pussy about it. If your take sucks, you'll get return fire on here.

Pretty sure there isn't one camp or the other on CCS. It's retardid takes and not retardid takes.

And yeah, this post was inspired by @BaBaBlacksheep
Picking a side? I pick Bears always.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs shouldn’t be working for anybody, not even Toys R Us

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He does need to get significantly better as a passer, but that can only happen if Ryan Poles does his job and supplies him with the weapons and protection that is up to par with the rest of the NFL. The Bears unquestionably have the worst combination of OL and WR/TE's in all of football, and I don't think it's particularly close when you take out Mooney.

You can't truly know what you have in Fields until you give him good players to work with. This is what Miami did, and it's made Tua look like a star. The Eagles and the Jaguars would be other examples of teams going all in on their young quarterbacks. Trevor Lawrence made a huge leap from year 1 to year 2, and he's still getting Calvin Ridley next year. The Bears, meanwhile, have done jack shit in the pass catching department in 2 years, forcing Fields into doing the bulk of his work with his legs instead of his arm.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Brad Biggs shouldn’t be working for anybody, not even Toys R Us

I just needed to confirm this, I saw it online ?

Why Did Toys R Us Close Down? Toys R Us closed down because it had billions of dollars in debt and could no longer invest the money required to keep up with competition. This ultimately led to the company filing for bankruptcy and selling or closing its last remaining stores.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
No one knows if Fields can improve enough as a passer to become a great QB with a much better line and a much improved WR room. His accuracy, field vision and getting the ball out faster has improved this year for sure but it's nowhere near what it needs to be in order to be a great QB. There's just a whole lot of improvement needed there.

No one can really argue with that. How could anyone argue with that? And no one can say whether that will improve enough with more talent around him or not.

I think it's obvious, even if we have the #1 pick, that this team is sticking with Fields. After what he showed during that legendary stretch he had this year, they have to give him a shot at getting much better as a passer versus starting over with the #1 or #2 QB in the draft.

Time will tell if that will be the right decision, obviously. Both with Fields and whether he can get much better as a passer and with whomever we could have drafted at the position we are in. If Fields turns out to be a middling QB and the QB we could have drafted turns out to be a HOF QB, then we screwed the pooch. That's the fear, right? But since no one alive can tell the future, we have to give this kid a shot. I didn't want to do that when we were in week 4 but after that month of madness, it's clear we have to give him a shot.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
You’re the one saying this though. Biggs simply said he had work to do and hadn’t arrived yet. This is 100% factually correct. He also correctly acknowledged the roster issues Fields is dealing with. It’s not a shot at Fields. It’s just where things stand.

No people have been saying Fields should be showing more in the passing game with even less out there these last four games which is silly.

He may or may not be the guy but the idea the blame is somehow on Fields and his fault is the part that’s laughable.

He’s doing everything he can. At this point it’s on the Bears trying to do what they do best: ruin another promising, young QB.