Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ravens fan upset reaction to Bradley Bozeman leaving the Ravens

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I am a Ravens fan and yes, I too was confused when he not only left for a 1 year deal, but for so cheap.

I thought he played well at Guard, but really made an impact on the team when he was moved to Center, mainly because Center was a weak point in the Ravens line.

I would LOVE for the Bears to pay him like a top Center. He is 28, but I honestly think he is in his prime and could still be the future at the Center position!!!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am a Ravens fan and yes, I too was confused when he not only left for a 1 year deal, but for so cheap.

I thought he played well at Guard, but really made an impact on the team when he was moved to Center, mainly because Center was a weak point in the Ravens line.

I would LOVE for the Bears to pay him like a top Center. He is 28, but I honestly think he is in his prime and could still be the future at the Center position!!!

Bozeman and his wife run a program called The Bradley and Nikki Foundation that help tackle food insecurity, education, and other community programs. He's the kind of guy you want to get paid he can do a lot to help the City of Chicago.

IMG_0211-1024x768-1.jpg

IMG_0347-1024x768-1.jpg

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Eh, I remain skeptical. I'm not sure how much he's helped Carolina's run game be 13th-14th in the league. They are also 30th in passing. He's a decent player, no doubt, but I'm not paying him top of the market money.

Also, worth noting....is he a fit for a zone blocking scheme? He'd be the biggest OL on the team (Mustipher is listed as heavier, but no way he's 333). Of course, Bozeman may not be his listed 325 either. IDK. But he has only played in power run schemes and Poles said he wants athletic linemen. I'm not turning down any solid lineman, but consider me unimpressed with paying him elite C money.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Not sure who/where has him as the highest graded center but honestly dont care/dont think it matters. He would certainly be a huge upgrade over Mustipher and probably a huge upgrade over Patrick as well. I think Poles would be crazy not be first in line at the FA C store, my wishlist in order of desire:

1. Pocic
2. Bozeman
3. McGovern
4. Bradbury

Im biased on McGovern over Bradbury though because I used to work with one of his aunts.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure who/where has him as the highest graded center but honestly dont care/dont think it matters. He would certainly be a huge upgrade over Mustipher and probably a huge upgrade over Patrick as well. I think Poles would be crazy not be first in line at the FA C store, my wishlist in order of desire:

1. Pocic
2. Bozeman
3. McGovern
4. Bradbury

Im biased on McGovern over Bradbury though because I used to work with one of his aunts.

Pocic wasn't very good until this season with the Browns and he hurt his knee and went on IR.

McGovern is a good, it's kind of funny the NFL has two lineman with the same name Conor McGovern but he'll be 30 next season.

Bradbury is pretty good but no way the Vikings let him go.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Eh, I remain skeptical. I'm not sure how much he's helped Carolina's run game be 13th-14th in the league. They are also 30th in passing. He's a decent player, no doubt, but I'm not paying him top of the market money.

Also, worth noting....is he a fit for a zone blocking scheme? He'd be the biggest OL on the team (Mustipher is listed as heavier, but no way he's 333). Of course, Bozeman may not be his listed 325 either. IDK. But he has only played in power run schemes and Poles said he wants athletic linemen. I'm not turning down any solid lineman, but consider me unimpressed with paying him elite C money.

His market value is Avg. Salary: $12,020,119 probably get a deal like 3 yrs, 36 million.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Pocic wasn't very good until this season with the Browns and he hurt his knee and went on IR.

McGovern is a good, it's kind of funny the NFL has two lineman with the same name Conor McGovern but he'll be 30 next season.

AKSHUALLY ITS CONNOR WITH 2 N'S.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

1. Pocic
2. Bozeman
3. McGovern
4. Bradbury

I like Bradbury, especially cause we would take him from a division rival. I'll take him and E.Jenkins and if we get rid of Whitehair then put Leatherwood at whichever spot out of LG or RT he's best at and Jenkins at the other. Jenkins would be a great get for us because he could play any spot on the OL if we needed to move him for any injury concerns.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

If we all want to be honest with ourselves, there's really no way most of these big names we've all been talking about will be let go by their teams and even if they do then it won't be that easy to get them to come here with so many other teams being in on them. I know people want to bring up all that cap space we have but i'm far from convinced that Poles is going to be out there spending like a drunken sailor. I think he's so focused on his building through the draft stuff that he's going to be out there looking for deals, which he should be, but will he be able to play the game with these agents for these players when they're playing hard ball with him is my biggest question.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
there are 4-5 good Center options to be had between rounds 2-4. im fine signing him if its a decent contract but if he wants to break the bank we can put those funds elsewhere

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

1. Pocic
2. Bozeman
3. McGovern
4. Bradbury

Did your aunt give him a thumbs up? Can she evaluate talent?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Bozeman isnt really a fit for our scheme. Doesnt move well enough.
You have a PFF subscription right? Do they do stats or breakdowns by run type? Believe 2020 BAL did a bunch of a zone running and were successful at it relative to rest of league but I cant find any numbers to back that up beyond just volume yardage which doesnt help.
Did your aunt give him a thumbs up? Can she evaluate talent?
It was HIS aunt, reading is hard. We stopped working together well before he hit NFL.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If we all want to be honest with ourselves, there's really no way most of these big names we've all been talking about will be let go by their teams and even if they do then it won't be that easy to get them to come here with so many other teams being in on them. I know people want to bring up all that cap space we have but i'm far from convinced that Poles is going to be out there spending like a drunken sailor. I think he's so focused on his building through the draft stuff that he's going to be out there looking for deals, which he should be, but will he be able to play the game with these agents for these players when they're playing hard ball with him is my biggest question.

You can’t hit the minimum spending limit just looking for deals. There will be a few big/medium signings. Even last year the plan was to start with Larry O at 3/40.

I do agree he won’t be doing the drunkin sailor thing and the draft is how he wants this built.

But the first few days of free agency will still be fun.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He is pretty good imo. I do think he can be a predominantly zone player, as he gets to the second level really well and is quick out of his stance for a guy that size. Don't see him much where I'm like 'wow' though.

He'd be a significant upgrade, not sure what his value would be vis a vie money.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You can’t hit the minimum spending limit just looking for deals. There will be a few big/medium signings. Even last year the plan was to start with Larry O at 3/40.

I do agree he won’t be doing the drunkin sailor thing and the draft is how he wants this built.

But the first few days of free agency will still be fun.
Yeah i know he's going to make some big signings and pretty much has to anyway, i was more talking about will he play the agent game when you have that agent of a big target player like D.Payne creating a bidding war telling you other teams have offered more and trying to get you to up your offer, whether those teams/offers are real or not. I know there's a certain amount of the cap that teams have to spend so maybe i worded my post wrong.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
A fucking ham sandwich can block better than Mustipher.

On a serious note, Pocic would be my choice. From Illinois, he has a nasty side to him like Jenkins.