Brady almost went to Chicago

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brady played behind a Top 10 OL....it makes a difference when you're old and slow. Had he played here in 2019, they'd still be searching Soldier Field for some of his body parts. He's 43.....let's see how he does in Florida before we crown him.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Please start the Game ! Go Texans

Watson is a GREAT Deep ball thrower, ya hear that?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care because I think Brady's probably washed up. Every year, his arm keeps getting weaker, his feet keep getting slower, and his joints keep getting stiffer, and I think he's reached the point where he's probably no longer able to play at an NFL starter level. He looked very mediocre last year, and the stats bear that out. He was 18th in passer rating, 26th in TD%, 28th in Y/A, and that was with an offensive line that protected him well. I don't think he even lasts a full season behind Tampa's o-line (or the Bears o-line if Pace had managed to sign him).

Agreed. Although, this did give many a chance to bitch about what likely never was

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Tampa probably has the best collection of skill players in the league.

Remains to be seen how their line holds up and I think you have to say that about Brady as well.

It's pretty obvious after last night's game that title is for the moment with KC.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's pretty obvious after last night's game that title is for the moment with KC.

The title is with KC until someone else wins it.

KC is a great team, but it is a long season and a lot of things can happen.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It was obvious when they won the Super Bowl.

They looked great last night but it's a long season.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears could have had the goat!!!!!

How was the full court press not on?

As I said at the beginning of free agency, it would have been the biggest no brainer acquisition in the history of the Bears franchise.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears could have had the goat!!!!!

How was the full court press not on?

As I said at the beginning of free agency, it would have been the biggest no brainer acquisition in the history of the Bears franchise.

How do you know the full court press wasn't on?

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Brady probably only considered it just to say he got to suit up for the same organization that his hero and idol did - Jay Christopher Cutler.

swz01

Liked Posts:
How do you know the full court press wasn't on?

Look how much they paid Glennon. Now imagine how much money they would throw at Brady if they wanted him.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Doesn’t mean they weren’t trying.
They were used as leverage and the interest was fake. Just like with Brady. No way he was coming here with our trash offense unless he got no offers or was low balled.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look how much they paid Glennon. Now imagine how much money they would throw at Brady if they wanted him.

what did they offer Brady? You must have that info then...

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Every year we hear about the guys the Bears could have signed.

They didn't do it! Who gives a shit, coulda woulda shoulda bullshit

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
To think we could have gotten Brady and Rodgers in the NFL’s oldest rivalry for the next 3-4 years while both teams would be in super bowl contention. And now think about our idiot of a GM giving up a 4th round pick and $20M for a back up QB.

Brady made the decision not to come. Maybe Pace could have abducted him. A business deal requires consent from both sides.

“As for the Bears, they looked into all the available QBs before eventually trading for Nick Foles (who will be the backup for Chicago today). Brady was one of them, and Chicago made an offer, sources say.
While there was a lot to like, Brady didn't warm to the idea of playing in the cold again, leaving the Chargers and Bucs as the finalists.“

Bears, Saints loomed under the radar in pursuit of Tom Brady