Brandon Hagel traded

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't shoot the messenger you guys......

Lafferty couldn't start for the Pens,he's 27,he has 11 career goals.......he's absolutely playing his ass off and for what could be his last opportunity. I like his infectious style but how long can he play like his hair's on fire and will it even matter against good teams. I like the guy and I wish him the best but let's get ahold of ourselves. Coulda resigned VH for 1M and had a guy who goes just as hard and has more ability too.

Radish has 7 goals in 59 games and Katchouk has 2 in 44 games yeah they saw bottom six minutes in Tampa but so did Gourd and other good TB forwards before they moved up. Hagel's sill younger than both and had to play his way up here,I know 'here' ain't Tampa but Hagel's offensive production,his attitude and all round game will be noticed by Cooper.

Guess we'll see as far as the players involved,TB gave up a lot but a guy like Hagel for 1 1/2 million bucks the next two years and RFA after that is FUCKING HUGE for such a cap constrained team. The kid potted 41 his last year in the WHL,19 his only Covid shortened AHL season and took to the NHL like a fish to water.......Tampa will never regret this trade!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
That's why you trade him.....you may get burnt for a season or so but after that you won't be paying huge dollars to someone with a diminshing
skill set plus you should see a nice return for him as well. That's the deal here....don't half step....if you are gonna rebuild, then fucking rebuild.
Not saying I don’t agree with you, I do, but the problem is Kane would have brought a hell of a lot more this deadline then next years. Davidson should have been proactive the second he said rebuild and asked for lists from Kane and Toews. You realistically could have got Kakko, Miller and a first for Kane this year if you retained 50%. Now, you might get one and a pick.

The playoffs will be key. If the Av’s blow it Davidson needs to offer up Kane and Toews and retain 50% on both and get two first round picks and Byram. And with Kadri 100% getting at least 10 million a year that scenario isn’t as far fetched as one would think. If the Hawks can somehow get four first round picks in 23 your what’s looking like at least a seven year fix suddenly shoots down to five.

If teams want Murphy, first round pick in 23
Dach? First round pick in 23.

I just don’t see the Hawks giving Kane away.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't shoot the messenger you guys......

Lafferty couldn't start for the Pens,he's 27,he has 11 career goals.......he's absolutely playing his ass off and for what could be his last opportunity. I like his infectious style but how long can he play like his hair's on fire and will it even matter against good teams. I like the guy and I wish him the best but let's get ahold of ourselves. Coulda resigned VH for 1M and had a guy who goes just as hard and has more ability too.

Radish has 7 goals in 59 games and Katchouk has 2 in 44 games yeah they saw bottom six minutes in Tampa but so did Gourd and other good TB forwards before they moved up. Hagel's sill younger than both and had to play his way up here,I know 'here' ain't Tampa but Hagel's offensive production,his attitude and all round game will be noticed by Cooper.

Guess we'll see as far as the players involved,TB gave up a lot but a guy like Hagel for 1 1/2 million bucks the next two years and RFA after that is FUCKING HUGE for such a cap constrained team. The kid potted 41 his last year in the WHL,19 his only Covid shortened AHL season and took to the NHL like a fish to water.......Tampa will never regret this trade!
Couple of things:

1) The Pens are much, much, much deeper than the depleted 'hawks and as such Laffy Taffy not breaking the pens lineup doesn't mean much. If he couldn't break Arizona's lineup that would be worrisome. Yes, Laffy Taffy can very well tank out but on the other hand he is what he is, a bottom-6 guy. An effective one, but still a bottom-6 guy. As long as they keep him cost and duration controlled he should be very easy to manage or swap-out. No one should be expecting him to be a top-6 guy but until the next gen of contending 'hawks hit the role he plays still has to be filled.

2) It is 100% possible that both the 'hawks and the Bolts win that trade. Some have argued that once Palat is out of the lineup Hagel has a shot at moving up and can take his role. On our side one of those picks can turn out and Raditz and Kachouk can be effective in their roles and filler until the next contenting gen hits.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not saying I don’t agree with you, I do, but the problem is Kane would have brought a hell of a lot more this deadline then next years. Davidson should have been proactive the second he said rebuild and asked for lists from Kane and Toews. You realistically could have got Kakko, Miller and a first for Kane this year if you retained 50%. Now, you might get one and a pick.

The playoffs will be key. If the Av’s blow it Davidson needs to offer up Kane and Toews and retain 50% on both and get two first round picks and Byram. And with Kadri 100% getting at least 10 million a year that scenario isn’t as far fetched as one would think. If the Hawks can somehow get four first round picks in 23 your what’s looking like at least a seven year fix suddenly shoots down to five.

If teams want Murphy, first round pick in 23
Dach? First round pick in 23.

I just don’t see the Hawks giving Kane away.
In Kane and Toews' cases it's not about lists. If they don't want to go anywhere they aren't going anywhere. For all we know McI and Davidson asked and Kane told him no. We don't just know.

I don't disagree with the premise: We're rebuilding and in my estimation the next time the 'hawks will be ready to compete Kane will probably be inducted into the HHoF, so if we can move him we move him for as much of a haul as we possibly can and certainly we don't give him away, but if Kane said he wanted to stay, the whole point is moot.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Couple of things:

1) The Pens are much, much, much deeper than the depleted 'hawks and as such Laffy Taffy not breaking the pens lineup doesn't mean much. If he couldn't break Arizona's lineup that would be worrisome. Yes, Laffy Taffy can very well tank out but on the other hand he is what he is, a bottom-6 guy. An effective one, but still a bottom-6 guy. As long as they keep him cost and duration controlled he should be very easy to manage or swap-out. No one should be expecting him to be a top-6 guy but until the next gen of contending 'hawks hit the role he plays still has to be filled.

2) It is 100% possible that both the 'hawks and the Bolts win that trade. Some have argued that once Palat is out of the lineup Hagel has a shot at moving up and can take his role. On our side one of those picks can turn out and Raditz and Kachouk can be effective in their roles and filler until the next contenting gen hits.
The Pens are a better squad than Chicago but not nearly as good the last three years as the three before and they've lost a number of good forwards to the cap.......there was opportunity. The guy can play on my 4th line my friend,don't get me wrong but he is playing for his career right now........let's see how long he can go at this pace.

I'll admit that I had zero use for NOlander.........I just hope he ain't one of these guys who finally figures it out in his mid 20's .

Granada

Liked Posts:
Couple of things:

"Laffy Taffy" -- that's gold, Jerry! Gold!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Pens are a better squad than Chicago but not nearly as good the last three years as the three before and they've lost a number of good forwards to the cap.......there was opportunity. The guy can play on my 4th line my friend,don't get me wrong but he is playing for his career right now........let's see how long he can go at this pace.

I'll admit that I had zero use for NOlander.........I just hope he ain't one of these guys who finally figures it out in his mid 20's .
Even if Nylander does figure it out in his md-20's, there isn't any guarantee he'd figure it out with us. If the Pens can make use of him so be it. I'd rather have a bottom 6 guy we can use for a season or two than a top 6 who can't even break into the bottom 6 while we keep doubling down assuming he will one day figure it out.
"Laffy Taffy" -- that's gold, Jerry! Gold!
Can't take credit for the name; I just ran with it. :p

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Too early to tell yet. Gotta wait a couple years until the 1st round picks.
Disagreeing hate to see him go as I was a huge fan but the two firsts alone I think we're enough to win this trade even without the throw-in players. It's exactly what this team needed right now for a true teardown rebuild even if they are low round first

Bust

Liked Posts:
heh, no wonder the "Hagel thread" hasn't seen activity in a month. Rest assured if he was lighting it up this thread would head the direction of . . . well you know.

Thus far Hagel has been meh with the Lightning playing alongside better linemates. If his puck luck improves this playoff you can bump this thread again . . .hah

Bust

Liked Posts:
5 total power plays for the Lightning in their game 1 loss . . .

Hagel got 0:00 ice time on the power play. Only one other Lightning forward got the same zero's.

Did he fall out of favor already? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Game one saw Hagel bust his balls as always and draw a hooking call in front a few minutes in that might have saved a goal and then Cooper trots out old Corry Perrey for the 2nd unit instead of the guy who drew the call through hard work.

Game two? GWG!

Guess we'll see the kid's value as the REAL games progress and he's built for the PO's BUT TB got him cause he'll make 1.5M the next two years for a team in cap trouble.........he'll be a GOD SEND for them for the next two years!

Of course he'll have to earn Cooper's trust in PO games.........doesn't take much to realize that.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Another LOSS, 4th lowest icetime minutes and 0.00 power play time. Where did it all go wrong for this boards darling Hagel???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Tampa’s decline is already starting. It happens to everyone. Those 1sts in 23/24 could end up being quite high.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tampa’s decline is already starting. It happens to everyone. Those 1sts in 23/24 could end up being quite high.
I'm not sure about quite high but I agree that they won't be bottom of the round picks that most people anticipated.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
If you mean in the 20’s you might be right.

I really don’t know about decline, I’d say burnout is more likely. The Leafs are eating them alive right now with their depth. We saw the same thing happen when the Pens tried going for a third in a row, you need to trade for a hungry game breaker/ elite talent if you don’t have a Gretzky in his early 20’s already on the team.

Hagel isn’t that guy. A lot of ppl on this board needed to pump the brakes with that kid because he wasn’t that much more then a third liner on a cup contender who was feasting on a terrible team here. Hell, Raddysh was putting up better numbers then Hagel towards the end of the year. Completely replaceable and fetched two first rounders on top of it one in a great draft.

Davidson might have pulled off the greatest con job this side of Pace’s interviewing skills.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Another LOSS, 4th lowest icetime minutes and 0.00 power play time. Where did it all go wrong for this boards darling Hagel???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Well, saying he had “a game built for the playoffs” was the first mistake when Tampa already has battle tested players already on the team who….oh, I don’t know….actually played in the playoffs.

The second mistake was his inflated stats here and thinking he would have that type of success on a team that as two scoring lines already stabilized that he doesn’t have the talent to belong on. Who is Brandon frigging Hagel jumping over between Stamkos and Kuch on the power play when both play almost the entire two minutes?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Two helpers to go along with two take-aways in 15 SOLID playoff minutes last night,Tampa will NEVER regret this trade.

Radish was force fed a bunch of PP time with Kane puttin' em right on the tape.....point blank,eleven career goals @24 would have me hitting the brakes!

Hags saw 34/68 in his first 130 NHL games and 3pts in his first 4PO games,bottom six be dammed,42 his last year in Erie and three solid AHL seasons produced one tough as hell competitor who only gets better from here........I'll remind you guys!

His real value to TB will be the production he provides for 1 1/ 2M the next two seasons,allowing TB to spend elsewhere.