Brandon Jennings calls out Rubio as overhyped

RPK

Liked Posts:
Stay classy Brandon

Brandon Jennings won't be joining the Ricky Rubio fan club anytime soon.

The promising point guard who skipped college in order to play professionally in Europe was quick to call out Spanish international and fellow hot-shot prospect Rubio for being overhyped, SI.com reports.

"Yes. Because he played in the Olympics, he's been playing pro ball since he was like 14. So there it is right there," Jennings was quoted as saying. "I can't wait to play him, though, in summer league. I'm just letting you know that now. I can't wait.

"Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is," Jennings told reporters after working out for the Sacramento Kings Friday. "I just shoot the ball better than he can. The only thing I've seen him do sometimes is when he has a home-run pass or something like that. I think the dude is just all hype. I can't even front. I'm just going to be real with you guys."

Jennings also feels there's a number of young playmakers more capable than the Spanish teenager.

"Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me [and fellow point guard prospects] Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Tywon Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't probably be at the top," he was quoted as saying in SI.com.

When asked about their head-to-head matchup last year, the 6-2 Jennings boasted, "Well, when I played him, he had zero points, two assists and two turnovers. So you tell me how that went."

Records of the game from the Euroleague's official Web site showed Rubio went scoreless with three assists and three turnovers in just nine minutes of play. Jennings posted 12 points and two assists in Lottomatica Roma's 97-93 loss to Rubio's DKV Joventut.

In his latest mock draft projections, ESPN.com's Chad Ford has Rubio being taken third by the Oklahoma City Thunder and Jennings going to the Phoenix Suns with the 14th pick.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
wow look at the pot calling the kettle black. Rubio is however very overrated, he cant shoot he is just another version of Sergio Rodriguez.

RPK

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
wow look at the pot calling the kettle black. Rubio is however very overrated, he cant shoot he is just another version of Sergio Rodriguez.

He may very well be overrated, but for Jennings to call out Rubio in a game where he barely played because he was injured was a low class thing to do for Brandon. Sounds to me like he is afraid of his draft stock falling.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
RPK wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

He may very well be overrated, but for Jennings to call out Rubio in a game where he barely played because he was injured was a low class thing to do for Brandon. Sounds to me like he is afraid of all the talk of his draft stock falling.

Thats why i said its the pot calling the kettle black. For a guy who is way overhyped like Jennings to be talking is quite funny.