Braxton Jones in line to be the starter at LT

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I wonder how much Robert Quinn really takes seriously his twelfth NFL training camp. This long in the game and he knows what it takes to be ready for the season. I doubt he's going full effort, nor should he.

It would be great if Braxton Jones really were that good but something tells me a guy who racked up eighteen and a half sacks last year could school a rookie from Southern Utah if he really wanted to.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I wonder how much Robert Quinn really takes seriously his twelfth NFL training camp. This long in the game and he knows what it takes to be ready for the season. I doubt he's going full effort, nor should he.

It would be great if Braxton Jones really were that good but something tells me a guy who racked up eighteen and a half sacks last year could school a rookie from Southern Utah if he really wanted to.

Do you base this off actual observations you made, or just making shit up?

Cause based off my own observations at camp Quinn was going as hard as any of the defensive linemen....at least in individual/position drills. Didn't really pay attention to him during 7 on 7's since I was focused on the offense sucking.

He's noticeably the fastest player on the dline even if hes an old man

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, a lot of sacks + pressures go unreported because Fluss has stated he wants the play to continue on even if it would be a negative position in a real game.

Probably why you havent heard much out of quinn

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Cause based off my own observations at camp Quinn was going as hard as any of the defensive linemen....at least in individual/position drills. Didn't really pay attention to him during 7 on 7's since I was focused on the offense sucking.

I'm just wondering. Its not like Robert Quinn really has to prove anything.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to all of the reports that the HITS principle is in full effect, players are very montuckered out after practices, players are getting chewed out if loafing, and that includes everyone on the team according to multiple players.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's see him play a game before we crown his ass.
It’s for the best though.

Guy has a lot of good experience at this, and ignorance is bliss.

Reiff is way better on the right and probably too Jenkins…I hate either of them wasting time as a stop gap on the left.

Let Jenkins be the talented but immature swing tackle with a real chance of developing into a better player. Patience. We have Reiff but Jenkins should give the vet a few reps here and there to gain experience and rest the man. His time will come more than fast enough.

Worst case scenario with the rookie is you give actual game experience during a tank season to a future rostered swing tackle.

We could draft a stud in first for left tackle and this guy goes right into competition at RT with Jenkins.

If it turns out he can do it that would be like gaining a first rounder back.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I read Quinn Passed Jones like he was standing still on one play and has been owning Jones overall but you'd expect that this early. Nice to give Jones a high bar to clear before the season. Not to concerned this early in camp for this sort of leap.

In other news, I also heard that Gipson left Borom for dead on 3 strait rushed on the right. Not sure the sequencing of bringing in Reiff but it may have been just before. Borom was a fine pick for where drafted but I don't understand this board's love affair. He still needs a lot of technique work. Way too much reaching last year.

Liked Posts:

How is Gipson looking out there?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks