Braxton Jones in line to be the starter at LT

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Let's see him play a game before we crown his ass.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The folks on here who were ridiculed for talking him up during OTAs and minicamp based on beat reports may be due an apology.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The folks on here who were ridiculed for talking him up during OTAs and minicamp based on beat reports may be due an apology.

Still very very early. He was a 5th rounder for a reason.

But yea, if he can even be average that would be huge.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree, but if Poles found the Bears' next LT for the next decade in the 5th round in his first draft, that's damn impressive.
Phil Emery gave us Charles Leno. Hopefully Poles gave us a serviceable long term solution at LT. Ryan Pace never came close in 7 years. How sad is that?

CC: @HeHateMe @vabearsfan15

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The thing about average left tackles is they suck. You have that handful of elite guys, then a caste of good players and then its a bunch of crap. It's like quarterbacks, its just degrees of "not good enough" once you get past a certain level.

What I like about this situation is the Bears are just letting him run with it. There's no apparent hesitation because of Jones' draft status, they are just making him the starter and letting everyone know it. It has to be good for the kid's confidence. We'll see how it goes, I'm at least hopeful.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey when you are taking it to a guy who had 18 sacks last year, I'm not complaining. I honestly hope this is less about quinn becoming washed and more about Jones being overlooked. But lets be real in a average Draft, a guy like Jones might be going in the 3rd round. We lucky the draft is strong. We get at least 3 future starts from the Poles draft/ Pace last year, I'll be happy

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hey when you are taking it to a guy who had 18 sacks last year, I'm not complaining. I honestly hope this is less about quinn becoming washed and more about Jones being overlooked. But lets be real in a average Draft, a guy like Jones might be going in the 3rd round. We lucky the draft is strong. We get at least 3 future starts from the Poles draft/ Pace last year, I'll be happy
All I've read is that in 1 on 1's Quinn was owning Jones, which is to be expected

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree, but if Poles found the Bears' next LT for the next decade in the 5th round in his first draft, that's damn impressive.
Yup, it would allow him to focus on another position in the draft next year. Ideally that would be finding the next great WR.

Liked Posts:
I think it's overlooked or forgotten the effect that COVID had on the influx of talent that crowded this draft class.

This class had A LOT of holdover talent. I do think that in the Atypical draft class that Jones would be a third round pick, Zach Thomas would be a 4th and Carter a 5th. Or something similar.

I like all of the Olinemen Poles picked & I don't believe they're as lowly as the rounds they were picked in. Outside of Bisker and Velus, I think they're the beat picks Poles made.

You watch, UDFAs across the board will produce more than the usual crop because of all of the C19 holdovers.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
One would think Poles an X-OL himself, would know how to spot OL talent when see one..

msadows

Liked Posts:
One would think Poles an X-OL himself, would know how to spot OL talent when see one..

One would think, but then again the goober rushed to sign Dakota Dozier....So who knows.