Braxton MFing Jones

Is Braxton Jones Legit?

• Total voters

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The NFL is full of ELITE pass rushers, and physical ability will only get you so far, so to hear him speak about the technical aspects as if he understands that is the difference is refreshing.
Also hearing him talk about getting into the playbook gave him the ability to play faster....that is great to hear.

I really do hope......

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Braxton Jones was an accounting major. So, I think he has the ability to absorb large volumes of material and understands the importance of what his coaches are telling him. It shows when he interviews with his attention to details. I think his smarts give him an edge to start.

And when he pancakes fools he can tell them how much that will cost them when they try to get the bag in the future. HOFer

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Idk if they will ever end up anything significant on this team but jones hicks robinson and ebner will be interesting to watch their development. It’s hard to take late round picks seriously cause the reality is most don’t make it. But those 4 to me will be ones to watch

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With Jones it seems more like when instead of if. He's got the tools and looks to have the branes and attitude to adapt. This year is a huge jump from where he came from. Anything we get is gravy.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
everyone was saying the same about Jenkins and Borom a year ago let the season play out before we jump the gun

We liked his highlights coming out of college but homie never got snaps in the offseason so it was all based on what we saw there. About that Brax is actually practicing. Not okay with the anti-BraxJo today

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Here's the thing. Braxjo might be a positive solution to the left tackle problem and maybe even a long term one.

I thought so when I first heard his interview on 670 the score. He's smart, self aware, articulate. Pretty much all the things you look for in a starting LT if you've already found size, length, strength, agility, athleticism and so on.

I recall him saying he never really used his long arms in college. Never really coached up on leveraging them. Said something like "I need to throw those long arms out there"

It was funny. It was honest. Again, you don't see these qualities in Teven Jenkins.

I bet Braxjo still drinks beer too.

This is going to be good for Fields 3 years from now having LT locked down, might even spell superbowl for these bears.

Exciting!
Now this is a PLTRTS (positive long term, real time solution) that keeps me coming back to CCS.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Has to to deal with Arik Armstead and Nick Bosa week one. Right into the fire.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jenkins didn't exactly practice a whole lot last offseason so not sure who was saying that. Regardless, I get your point about Jones--especially going against these average DE's. Haven't been paying attention if Quinn is actually giving full effort. I'm cautiously optimistic Jones is the real deal.
I have no problem with Jones, but starting a 5th round pick out of a small school at LT is asking alot

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
With Jones it seems more like when instead of if. He's got the tools and looks to have the branes and attitude to adapt. This year is a huge jump from where he came from anything we get is gravy.

Fingers crossed.
Yeah, the jump from an FCS program to NFL starter is huge, and to be honest very few have ever been able to do that in their rookie year. Some have though, so there is a little hope in that regard.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, the jump from an FCS program to NFL starter is huge, and to be honest very few have ever been able to do that in their rookie year. Some have though, so there is a little hope in that regard.
At LT would be pretty remarkable.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I hope so. The fear is that he’s the next Charles Leno who everyone likes but is really just average. Guess we’ll see cuz the bears don’t have a ton of options
The biggest difference between those two as prospects is Leno was limited as an athlete and Jones ticks all the boxes so he's ceiling as a LT is much higher if he can continue on the current trajectory. Way too early to tell what he'll be but he's got a leg up because of the physical gifts.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Imagine not being on the Braxtepose train right now. ?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Braxton Jones was an accounting major. So, I think he has the ability to absorb large volumes of material and understands the importance of what his coaches are telling him. It shows when he interviews with his attention to details. I think his smarts give him an edge to start.
We have the same degree so that makes he and I brothers from another mother. Braxton Jones is now OFFICIALLY my guy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Braxton turns out to be a starting LT or anywhere on OL for that matter, it's really hitting paydirt.

Esp. now that Tevon Jenkins' future with CHI is appearing questionable.
He's proto built for LT. I appreciate that they aren't moving him around and are trying to accelerate his development. Besides, it's all he's done in college and moving him would be counterproductive.