Breaking: Bears should consider playing without a QB

Liked Posts:
iu

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cancel Culture - Foles turned it on after the 1st. Still not good enough to make this team a contender imo.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I don't know if you watched us attempt to run the ball the last few weeks, but one thing was apparent. We can't.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't know if you watched us attempt to run the ball the last few weeks, but one thing was apparent. We can't.
We can't really throw it either because Foles is a statue and our OL sucks.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I don't get the criticism of the QB when the run game is nonexistent. Why not try Pearce or Nall. Couldn't be worse than the ones playing now.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who needs a QB when youve got a beard-splitter with a helmet.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I don't get the criticism of the QB when the run game is nonexistent. Why not try Pearce or Nall. Couldn't be worse than the ones playing now.

Problem isn't the RB's. The problem is the OL can't run block for shit.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We can't really throw it either because Foles is a statue and our OL sucks.

Foles in his 2 starts has 5.9 YPA. Less than Trubisky. The offense just isn't good. Sad thing is, the Bears look to have really good WRs. Robinson, Mooney, and Miller could probably carve teams up if they had a QB that could consistently get them the ball. Montgomery isn't good. He's really just an average RB. OL sucks. Essentially, the Bears are where they always are. Really good defense, liability on offense.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cancel Culture - Foles turned it on after the 1st. Still not good enough to make this team a contender imo.

I see no reason to change my view from week 2 - that they are a blob team that might be 6-10 or 10-6 but have no realistic chance of success in the postseason.

That said if I was a fan of an actual good team I wouldn't want to face the Bears in the first week of the postseason. If the defense plays well and BDN takes a handful of blue pills before the game they could easily win then lose like 17-3 the next week.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see no reason to change my view from week 2 - that they are a blob team that might be 6-10 or 10-6 but have no realistic chance of success in the postseason.

That said if I was a fan of an actual good team I wouldn't want to face the Bears in the first week of the postseason. If the defense plays well and BDN takes a handful of blue pills before the game they could easily win then lose like 17-3 the next week.
This would be my view on the team as well. I think they can play with anyone because you know the defense is going to hold them to a limited amount of points. It all comes down to the offense. Foles is sufficient enough, but fuck they have a hard time moving the ball it seems.

I will say, it seemed like tonight, Nagy made some actual mid-game adjustments for once and realized his lined wasn't going to hold up and started dinking and dunking them. Or maybe this was Foles that recognized this. Either way, that was a positive to see. Tampa has a great DL.