CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's real easy to say the players should have gone to the police, but you can't just show up at a police station and say, "I heard so-and-so was involved in such-and-such against some other person who is not me and who I only know from a fellow-employee standpoint at best. Can you do something about it?" It only takes a sliver of common sense to know that the police need more than just a word-of-mouth rumor to actually act, especially when you are not the victim him or herself.

If you want to blame the players for not going to HR, that argument would have a little more merit, but HR already knew about it anyway. If Cheveldayoff was blame-free in this situation, as the NHL deemed, then you can't blame the players who were in an even lower rank, right?

Like I said before, I blame all the upper management; I support all the firings that have taken place; I would have even supported firing Chevy, but I understand the NHL's argument. But I think blaming the players themselves is a bridge too far because again, all they had was a locker room rumor.
My beef with Toews and Kane is not what they did at the time; in the aftermath they didn't know much more than rumors.

My beef is how they handled it in the present: fawning over MacIsaac and Bowman, and Kane contradicting himself on whether they even heard rumors.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it weird that he went all in on my posts to throw support behind the guy who thinks Beach had it coming, imagine caping for the victim blamer just because some guy on the internet appreciated Sean Avery's hilarious instigations on the ice.

Also pretty interesting that the same guy indicated that Sean Avery was a glorified 4th liner when he was playing on the 2nd line and 1st unit power play with Callahan and Staal for several years. Didn't know that glorified 4th liners got that type of opportunity. But oh no he said some questionable things about French Canadian players (and more specifically Dion Phaneuf) so he was bad at hockey!

This coming from a fan that also enjoys cavemen bare knuckle boxing on the ice... but heaven forbid they say something mean!

Pretty hilarious tbh!

Granada

Liked Posts:
I find it weird that he went all in on my posts to throw support behind the guy who thinks Beach had it coming, imagine caping for the victim blamer just because some guy on the internet appreciated Sean Avery's hilarious instigations on the ice.

I said Beach had it coming? Lol. Go and show me where I said that.

And it's not a conflation. I chose someone who was as universally hated, but it obviously went over your head.

Granada

Liked Posts:

I guess going "all in on your posts" mean replying to you. Once. Lol.

You are "caping" for a known stalker who had a restraining order put on him. Against his mother-in-law. But hey, "be you."

Granada

Liked Posts:
Also pretty interesting that the same guy indicated that Sean Avery was a glorified 4th liner when he was playing on the 2nd line and 1st unit power play with Callahan and Staal for several years. Didn't know that glorified 4th liners got that type of opportunity. But oh no he said some questionable things about French Canadian players (and more specifically Dion Phaneuf) so he was bad at hockey!

This coming from a fan that also enjoys cavemen bare knuckle boxing on the ice... but heaven forbid they say something mean!

Pretty hilarious tbh!

Wow -- 1st line PP? Get this guy in the hall-of-fame, asap.

Granada

Liked Posts:
So are you drunk, high or psychotic?

Since when do glorified 4th liners routinely play on the teams 2nd line and top PP unit?

There are many players who have played on the 2nd line and top PP units around the league, even though they were nothing but bottom-six players at best. See Shaw. The fact you use that as some proof that he's a great player is as pathetic as defending a stalker.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I said Beach had it coming? Lol. Go and show me where I said that.

And it's not a conflation. I chose someone who was as universally hated, but it obviously went over your head.
I didn't say you said it was karma for Beach. I said you jumped in to cape for the guy whomst had that take, just because I enjoy Avery highlights. Try to keep up with the flow and context if you're coming at me with bizarre Haymakers like "Sean Avery fans are pharmabro stans" or just log off and MISS ME WITH THAT.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I guess going "all in on your posts" mean replying to you. Once. Lol.

You are "caping" for a known stalker who had a restraining order put on him. Against his mother-in-law. But hey, "be you."
When did I "cape" for Avery in regards to that? LINK PLEASE

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Are u not entertained????

Inb4 some learned elitist follower of hockey says Avery deserves rape too

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Pretty hilarious tbh!
He called a player's GF or wife at the time 'sloppy seconds' in the press just because he dated her prior.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interhttps://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32527319/gary-bettman-defends-nhl-disciplinary-decisions-chicago-blackhawks-scandalesting read....

Bettman goes out of his way to clear ownership even though the allegations reached Rocky's director of HR,is there a more autonomous department in business? Is Rocky who attended every home game and was around the team day to day back in '2010' possibly so insulated by his own HR? Could the director of HR hide such serious charges from their owner and the one who could have really done something at the time? Who is this HR director who didn't tell his owner and how does he/she not only avoid anyone's wrath....they somehow also remained un-named in the report.
The director of HR is also the one who offered Aldrich the "resign or we investigate" deal instead of demanding the investigation.

Bettman also said the team's General counsel gave the league a "heads up" back in December about the pending suit but Chairman Knownothing claims he knew nothing till the suit was filled in may.........so Rocky's director of HR and his General counsel kept him in the dark back then and this year.....preposterous!
Daley said he accepted the team's telling him the charges were 'without merit' in December as his excuse for doing nothing for five months.

Bettman also cleared Chevy using the same explanation,he was assured by mgnt that they'd handle it........that only works for a selective few I guess. Did Chevy say take me down and I take Rocky down? Did the un-name HR director say the same? Do we even know if the HR director who allowed Aldrich to just go away still holds the position if we don't even know their name?

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Interhttps://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32527319/gary-bettman-defends-nhl-disciplinary-decisions-chicago-blackhawks-scandalesting read....

Bettman goes out of his way to clear ownership even though the allegations reached Rocky's director of HR,is there a more autonomous department in business? Is Rocky who attended every home game and was around the team day to day back in '2010' possibly so insulated by his own HR? Could the director of HR hide such serious charges from their owner and the one who could have really done something at the time? Who is this HR director who didn't tell his owner and how does he/she not only avoid anyone's wrath....they somehow also remained un-named in the report.
The director of HR is also the one who offered Aldrich the "resign or we investigate" deal instead of demanding the investigation.

Bettman also said the team's General counsel gave the league a "heads up" back in December about the pending suit but Chairman Knownothing claims he knew nothing till the suit was filled in may.........so Rocky's director of HR and his General counsel kept him in the dark back then and this year.....preposterous!
Daley said he accepted the team's telling him the charges were 'without merit' in December as his excuse for doing nothing for five months.

Bettman also cleared Chevy using the same explanation,he was assured by mgnt that they'd handle it........that only works for a selective few I guess. Did Chevy say take me down and I take Rocky down? Did the un-name HR director say the same? Do we even know if the HR director who allowed Aldrich to just go away still holds the position if we don't even know their name?

Great questions about the Blackhawks HR, and Rocky knowing.

I think everything was downplayed by everyone. It goes from an actual event of an assault to unwanted advances/texts.

I keep asking about U of Miami Ohio. He was able to resign and go right to the high school to assault a 16 year old after two undergrad students.

Was he really just an outstanding employee at Notre Dame? We will never know because they are allowed to deny and not investigate anything.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

I don't think it's totally out of the realm that Rocky wasn't looped in by HR. He's not really an active employee, he hired McD to do that. If you had said that McD claimed he knew nothing that would be different. Rocky was just there to take credit and cash checks he didn't have any day to day. I would expect the president to be the direct link to Rocky regarding this situation and we saw how that turned out. I said who the HR person was earlier in the thread and how poorly they handled this situation, but it wasn't seen as a concern as she was later promoted to VP. She left the organization earlier this year when this all started coming out. I imagine they told her that she could either be investigated or resign....

Also, I'm not saying that Rocky shouldn't have been informed, it very much should have went all the way up to him, I'm just going back to knowing the people involved, what they said how they handled it, and it being 11 years ago, it wouldn't surprise me that how limited his knowledge would have been. HOWEVER. when this started coming to light in the back channels last year, they immediately brought Danny in to clean this all up. To me they went very quickly to moving him as the face in order to insulate Rocky from what he may or may not have known. All the appearances and questions are handled by Danny then, someone who wasn't accusable as not really having anything to do with the day to day of the organization that long ago. I don't know if this was an abundance of caution, or because it's necessary, but at the end of the day this is what happens when you have the organization at fault being the ones to pay for the independent investigation as well as not hiring the mediator for the settlement.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I didn't say you said it was karma for Beach. I said you jumped in to cape for the guy whomst had that take, just because I enjoy Avery highlights. Try to keep up with the flow and context if you're coming at me with bizarre Haymakers like "Sean Avery fans are pharmabro stans" or just log off and MISS ME WITH THAT.

I didn't jump in to defend anyone. Only you and your butt buddy defend each other like that. I jumped in because you said you liked Sean Avery. Now you just like his highlights. Convenient.