BREAKING: Blackhawks to hold briefing on Jenner & Block investigation

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I didn't jump in to defend anyone. Only you and your butt buddy defend each other like that. I jumped in because you said you liked Sean Avery. Now you just like his highlights. Convenient.
They only way you are going to win anything here is to ignore them.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Interhttps://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32527319/gary-bettman-defends-nhl-disciplinary-decisions-chicago-blackhawks-scandalesting read....

Bettman goes out of his way to clear ownership even though the allegations reached Rocky's director of HR,is there a more autonomous department in business? Is Rocky who attended every home game and was around the team day to day back in '2010' possibly so insulated by his own HR? Could the director of HR hide such serious charges from their owner and the one who could have really done something at the time? Who is this HR director who didn't tell his owner and how does he/she not only avoid anyone's wrath....they somehow also remained un-named in the report.
The director of HR is also the one who offered Aldrich the "resign or we investigate" deal instead of demanding the investigation.

Bettman also said the team's General counsel gave the league a "heads up" back in December about the pending suit but Chairman Knownothing claims he knew nothing till the suit was filled in may.........so Rocky's director of HR and his General counsel kept him in the dark back then and this year.....preposterous!
Daley said he accepted the team's telling him the charges were 'without merit' in December as his excuse for doing nothing for five months.

Bettman also cleared Chevy using the same explanation,he was assured by mgnt that they'd handle it........that only works for a selective few I guess. Did Chevy say take me down and I take Rocky down? Did the un-name HR director say the same? Do we even know if the HR director who allowed Aldrich to just go away still holds the position if we don't even know their name?

So, strip Rocky of the team then? I'd be fine with it honestly. I doubt Chevy could have the power/opportunity/knowledge to take down Rocky. I don't see any conspiracy or cover-up there on Bettman's part, at least for that particular reason.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, strip Rocky of the team then? I'd be fine with it honestly. I doubt Chevy could have the power/opportunity/knowledge to take down Rocky. I don't see any conspiracy or cover-up there on Bettman's part, at least for that particular reason.
I understand your and MH's viewpoints and I admit I'm speculating on what ownership knew but I do feel they knew more than nothing at all. Daley said the team's General counsel gave the league a "heads up" on the pending suit in December and Rocky claims he knew nothing of it until the suit was filed in May. If the team's General counsel and HR director shared none of this with their owner..........then he's more insulated than a Mafia Don.....or he had buffers......

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I didn't jump in to defend anyone. Only you and your butt buddy defend each other like that. I jumped in because you said you liked Sean Avery. Now you just like his highlights. Convenient.
Go back and read your first post @ me son. Now you're coming at me with the homophobic insult attempt. Not very classy for a guy mad about getting sloppy seconds imo.

Just keep digging a deeper hole bruh I'll sit back and eat this popcorn.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They only way you are going to win anything here is to ignore them.
For a mod I would think you would read your own forum and realize that the first person to bring up Avery was your fav poster @KBIB

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go back and read your first post @ me son. Now you're coming at me with the homophobic insult attempt. Not very classy for a guy mad about getting sloppy seconds imo.

Just keep digging a deeper hole bruh I'll sit back and eat this popcorn.

The crazy thing is that weirdo was claiming to be mad about Sean Avery basically doing the same thing or something similar when referring to French Canadians then turns around and does it to you himself.

???

Granada

Liked Posts:
I understand your and MH's viewpoints and I admit I'm speculating on what ownership knew but I do feel they knew more than nothing at all. Daley said the team's General counsel gave the league a "heads up" on the pending suit in December and Rocky claims he knew nothing of it until the suit was filed in May. If the team's General counsel and HR director shared none of this with their owner..........then he's more insulated than a Mafia Don.....or he had buffers......

At this point, I'm not trying to speculate on who knew what, with regard to players and the owners. It's futile, there's no way to ever know. All the NHL can do is go off the concrete evidence they have. I agree that Rocky probably knew something, but there's nothing Bettman can do, since he has nothing concrete. It's all speculation.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Hossa's night postponed

I’m not cool with this.

Hossa was well on his way to the HoF long before he became a Hawk.

The guy should have his moment Beach or no Beach and the stupidity of the Hawks organization shouldn’t have any reprisals on Marian Hossas career.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I’m not cool with this.

The guy should have his moment Beach or no Beach and the stupidity of the Hawks organization shouldn’t have any reprisals on Marian Hossas career.
Yeah I know a lot of people who are mad about this, but personally, I don't really care. I'm just being honest -- I mean, if I had tickets to that particular game, then I obviously would care. I do feel somewhat bad for those fans who did buy tickets for that game, they should be given something for that inconvenience, but this isn't the end of the world for Hossa. The guy is a retired multi-millionaire in his 40's who won 3 Cups and is a Hall-of-Famer -- he certainly doesn't need anyone to feel sorry for him, for anything. So they'll just do it on another night, it makes sense considering the org is in a world of shit right now.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Yeah I know a lot of people who are mad about this, but personally, I don't really care. I'm just being honest -- I mean, if I had tickets to that particular game, then I obviously would care. I do feel somewhat bad for those fans who did buy tickets for that game, they should be given something for that inconvenience, but this isn't the end of the world for Hossa. The guy is a retired multi-millionaire in his 40's who won 3 Cups and is a Hall-of-Famer -- he certainly doesn't need anyone to feel sorry for him, for anything. So they'll just do it on another night, it makes sense considering the org is in a world of shit right now.
I dont think anyone is feeling sorry for him. And that is not the point. Just suck it up buttercup an get big Hos his due.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I’m not cool with this.

Maybe it was at his request.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I dont think anyone is feeling sorry for him. And that is not the point. Just suck it up buttercup an get big Hos his due.
Just suck it up buttercup and wait. I don't think he's staying up at night crying about a 20 minute pre-game ceremony being postponed.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, with all that has been going on, the last thing you want to do is have any kind of cloud over a day of celebration for an all-time great. Not only that but it can be seen as tone deaf for an organization who going through what they are, to then come in and celebrate a guy who was on the 2010 team and would very much bring up more questions. Hard to have a day honoring the guy if it turns into what did he or didn't he know or do.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Just suck it up buttercup and wait. I don't think he's staying up at night crying about a 20 minute pre-game ceremony being postponed.
It will happen at some point so big Hoss is surely not crying about this. :)

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure that Hossa didn't want to be asked the question.

Because he would have.

And he would have lied.