Breaking News: Kobe Bryant Dead!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I'm still confused about whose Chopper that was...because I thought Kobe had a different chopper, they keep showing footage of that model but its not Kobe's black chopper with the nike emblem.

Did they use a commercial charter that day or Kobe chartered pilots from an agency and it was his own chopper?

I would not think the private chopper Kobe flew to laker games would have carried 9 passengers safely. Maybe 4 or 5 tops?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would not think the private chopper Kobe flew to laker games would have carried 9 passengers safely. Maybe 4 or 5 tops?

There is so much confusion in the reporting...like reporters can't read and hold 3 thoughts at once.

"chopper was circling 30 minutes before crash and making unusual turns."

Duh...it was foggy and the other audio said they were circling and waiting for special permission to continue. They weren't allowed to continue until they got permission.

It sounds to me like familiarity was the issue here, in that Kobe and this pilot knew each other, had done this trip so many times they were overconfident in the fog and showing off a bit for the kids. Ride of your life type of stuff you wouldn't do except for familiarity with Bryant and his understanding of what could be done.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yea supposedly they were floating around for a good 15-30 minutes waiting for clearance, then tried to speed up and catch up bc of the lost time. Since he was going too fast and had low visibility, crashed on the side of the mountain.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's some freaky deaky shit.
Kobe, literally in his own words, stated that he can understand why the victim thought she was raped.

This was literally Kobe:
1. I didn't sleep with her
2. Okay fine, I did, but it was consensual
3. Well.... I thought it was consensual. But now that I've taken time to think about it... I can see why she says it wasn't. But I still think it was! *major facepalm*

Most of these things aren't even holes in her story.

1. She tried out for American Idol before any of this happened, so that's completely irrelevant. Even if it happened afterwards, the victim didn't want her identity revealed, so there was nothing to gain from it anyway.

2. As mentioned, the sexual encounter she had with another man reportedly happened before the encounter with Kobe. The defense said she "must have had sex afterwards", but there is no proof of that. Based on timing, it seems likely that it happened before, since she went to the hospital not long after the incident and reportedly didn't shower in the meantime.

3. Her being suicidal also isn't a hole in her story. The defense, again, tried trashing her and used her mental illness against her. Trying to make it seem like she was schizophrenic and maybe imagined everything was also stupid for two reasons. 1. Everything she said lined up. She said he was choking her... There were bruises on her neck. Kobe also admitted to doing it, but said it was "a kink." The rape kit showed vaginal trauma consistent with rape. Blood was found on Kobe's shirt, from the victim's vagina, since she had no wounds elsewhere. She wasn't on her period... So clearly the sex was rough enough and she was dry enough (sign of not being sexually aroused) that she would bleed. 2. Kobe stated that he never asked for consent, and then, again, even admitted that he understood why she thought it wasn't consensual after hearing her story. If she was absolutely crazy and making shit up, don't you think he would be like, "Ummm that never happened..." He pretty much said that everything she said is true.... but that he thought it was consensual.

4. Her lying to the detective about him forcing to wash her face isn't good...true. But, I'd argue that's a very minor detail in the grand scheme of things. Yes, you could argue back that if she lied about something small, why not lie about something bigger? That brings me to.......

If it's reasonable to see why Kobe would lie because he didn't want his wife finding out he cheated.... isn't reasonable to see why the victim would lie after feeling like the detective didn't believe her? Victims of rape often don't want to come forward out of fear of not being taken seriously. I figure this is amplified when coming out against someone famous.

Also, if Kobe was so worried about his wife finding out he cheated, he wouldn't have been all like, "Ask Michelle! We have sex all the time like that... We have sex regularly!" For someone who lies to the cops so his wife doesn't find out he's cheating, he sure seemed to have zero problems talking about how much he actually cheats on his wife an outing himself even more.
I mentioned this rape case to my wife when she said he was such a good man and father. But I do believe the evidence you discuss was not all as clear as you make it out to be. It wasn't that her being suicidal was used to poke holes in her story. It was the fact that she was diagnosed and being treated for Schizophrenia which has symptoms including being delusional.

As for the evidence of her having sex with other men about the same time, that came from the fact that the underwear she wore to her exam afterwards contained the sperm of another man and pubic hair from a Caucasian. She had said she hadn't showered since the rape but after finding this out, she said she threw on a pair of dirty underwear before it. Doesn't make much sense does it?

Kobe was worried about his wife finding out and no doubt didn't want the charge of rape going public. I have no doubt of that. But after being told they already had evidence of him having sex, he saw the seriousness of the charge and when asked if he had other adulterous encounters, that's when he said just 1 and it was a long ongoing thing in which he often used that kink choke thing.

Not trying to paint Kobe as an innocent. I believe both lied to about the same degree. I think she invited it but quickly wanted out cause it was rougher and thus scary to her. Also kind of odd that she said she tried to get away but not as hard as she could have.

Bryant also reportedly said something odd to detectives when he said he should have done what Shaq did when he paid women and gave them cars in order not to say anything. The report gets credence from a rap Shaq later did when he references Kobe ratting him out.

Anyone seen lebrons response?

It started out very touching but then he turned it all about himself.

Why does this asshole turn everything about him!? A tragedy like this and he turns it about him!

Anyone else thinking that or just me?
Lebron haters are gonna hate on Lebron no matter what. I didn't see it as him making it about himself but rather dedicating a mamba-like effort to the memory of his friend.
Missed it. I just assumed they showed a replay of the Pro Bowl.
Still have no idea why people were upset they went on showing the Pro Bowl game instead of turning to an all about Kobe thing which they did shortly after. We all joke about the Pro Bowl game being a joke and kinda worthless but at that point they still didn't even have the facts straight about what had happened. It was still being reported by different sources that Rick Fox had been with him and was also killed. ABC was still reporting that all 4 of his children were with him. How long did you want them to run with all this false info? And why so important to dwell on something so morbid?
There is so much confusion in the reporting...like reporters can't read and hold 3 thoughts at once.

"chopper was circling 30 minutes before crash and making unusual turns."

Duh...it was foggy and the other audio said they were circling and waiting for special permission to continue. They weren't allowed to continue until they got permission.

It sounds to me like familiarity was the issue here, in that Kobe and this pilot knew each other, had done this trip so many times they were overconfident in the fog and showing off a bit for the kids. Ride of your life type of stuff you wouldn't do except for familiarity with Bryant and his understanding of what could be done.
After talking to top pilots, the actions taking by this pilot were considered very odd. First all others had been grounded due to the fog. Kobe's pilot asked for and received special clearance to fly with Visual Flight Rules which is taking on an added risk right from the start. He was even told at one point, by ATC, that he was flying too low to be tracked. They weren't waiting for clearance to land, the pilot was on his own since they could not be tracked. His high speeds and sudden shifts in altitude are very curious too. The big changes in altitude suggest the pilot panicked and are believed to be due to the fact he was trying to avoid the mountains he couldn't see in advance. His high speed is odd since the advantage of a helicopter is that is could slow down to a virtual stop if vision was that poor and wouldn't one slow down if they couldn't see well? Also would have made much more sense to fly over the fog rather than through it.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good people do bad things. Good/Bad is often situational, those points where lines get crossed get grayer with multiple factors. Unmanageable people on a bad run can get better and make themselves good if they choose.

Without knowing what happened in Colorado, its evident the example he was setting for his children and the good advice he was spreading around the world of basketball. I feel comfortable honoring the man he was at the time of his death, and choosing to move forward without dwelling on the past or tarnishing the idea he was attempting to become.

All thoughts and prayers with his family the woman in Colorado as this case gets rehashed and made public for the nth time.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Long response edited for time.
I understand not initially going to it. I’m talking about after the confirmation. As hard as this may be to believe, Kobe Bryant is a bigger name than anyone who played in the pro bowl. Also, I argued for a split screen.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think if you knew someone who got raped, you wouldn't care about what good the rapist did.

Someone very, very close to me was raped not long ago. I saw/see the struggles daily. I don't give a fuck if her rapist cures cancer, I hope he dies a terrible death.
I know 2 people who've been raped. 1 of them I didn't know at the time they were raped, the other I did. I have been grabbed and touched inappropriately (not in a way that rises close to the level of rape, but still in a way that's not cool to do to another person) more than once. I certainly understand your sentiment, but I would also like to say that I'd rather rapists turn around and do good rather than continue on doing bad things.

You certainly can't erase the bad things people have done, but you can't erase the good they've done either. I don't know if Kobe raped the girl in Colorado (and you don't either), but assuming he did, that's something terrible, and something really negative. To that girl, Kobe is a terrible person, and understandably so.

But Kobe has also had a tremendous positive impact on many many people. He did a whole lot of good in his life, and all that stuff counts. Kobe may have done a very terrible thing, but I'd bet he did more good than bad in his life.

Does that all of the sudden make him a great guy? No, definitely not, but imo, it wouldn't be right to label him as just a rapist and leave it at that.

Something that gives me pause about the women's story is the fact that a number of people stated that she was bragging about the fact that she had sex with Kobe a few days after the encounter, and the fact that one of the other hotel employees stated "she planned to do the same thing to Eminem."

My personal opinion is that the encounter started as consensual, but then at some point became nonconsensual. But these things can be really gray, and it's possible that even Kobe himself didn't know if he raped her or not.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Since some of you are sharing bad stories of those you know....

I worked with this dood for 2 years at a company in Buffalo Grove. He was a supervisor. He is now a convicted child sex offender and his parole date is 2063 so he's basically going to die in prison. He had a cush job, lol. Life ruined! Justice served!!

Search his IDOC number #M06449 and read his charges. Crazy! I used to goto lunch with this guy at work!!!

https://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/Offender/pages/inmatesearch.aspx

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Pretty fascinating how fake LeBron comes across. Before his speech to Laker nation, he says he was told to read off a piece of paper and stay on course. But no, he's gonna go "straight from the heart."

Sure thing Bron.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of yall need help. Lol.

LeBron breathes:

Some of y'all: look at this guy breathing, making it all about himself taking in the oxygen in the area and giving us CO2. What a selfish POS.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I about lost my shit when Usher sang Amazing Grace.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Mamba Week.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Maybe this was known, but it's not coming to mind here, but Kobe wanted to be a Bull in 2007... I can't really remember all that was going on around the team then, I imagine that would have been great for the organization.

"The story of how they got there, oddly enough, dates to Bryant's demand for a trade from the Los Angeles Lakers in 2007.

During that summer, Bryant was trying to engineer a trade to the Chicago Bulls and had sworn off going to the Lakers' practice facility in El Segundo, California. Instead, he worked out closer to his home every day at the UC Irvine campus."

Story aside, I saw this part. I just don't remember any rumors about Kobe himself trying to get to the Bulls, how does that not happen?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
The only other "celebrity death" I had to take a double take and immediately go look it up cause I was sure it was fake was the untimely death of my boy Steve Irwin.

RIP

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe this was known, but it's not coming to mind here, but Kobe wanted to be a Bull in 2007... I can't really remember all that was going on around the team then, I imagine that would have been great for the organization.

During that summer, Bryant was trying to engineer a trade to the Chicago Bulls and had sworn off going to the Lakers' practice facility in El Segundo, California. Instead, he worked out closer to his home every day at the UC Irvine campus."

Story aside, I saw this part. I just don't remember any rumors about Kobe himself trying to get to the Bulls, how does that not happen?
IIRC, the Lakers wanted Deng in the trade, but Kobe didn't want Deng to be given up. I'm not sure if it's just lip service, or if it was really true, but it's odd that the trade would in part be contingent upon Luol Deng.