CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Shh. Maybe I'll give a 24 day ban to those in here upset that I posted about ESPN not covering it. ;)
Yeah, that's the thing. You claim to be the "Worldwide Leader in Sports," but you don't cover a worldwide sports news story?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It has been a tough day watching and listening to all the reactions on TV and social media. I loved Kobe's competitive fire (my favorite basketball player). Still hard to believe he is gone. RIP to everyone that was on board the helicopter.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Still in disbelief. Grew up watching Kobe, so crazy.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The news is so sad. Kobe and his daughter, along with the Orange Coast CC baseball coach, wife and daughter. 4 others. It’s global and local to LA. Kobe was doing great things. These young girls had their entire lives ahead of them. :cry:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don't think I can shoot paper in a trash can anytime soon without getting emotional

We all grieve in our own way...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
As a lifelong Lakers and Kobe fan this is heartbreaking. Being the same age as him with 3 daughters of my own I always felt a connection to him both on and off the court. Life is too short and tomorrow is never guaranteed so be sure to tell the ones you love that you love them. Thoughts and prayers are with the Bryant family and the families of the others lost in this tragedy.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
LA police said the weather was unfit for flying (fog advisory) and that they had grounded their copters the same morning.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I was shook when I saw the news. I’m still in shock. Kobe was never my favorite player, but the NBA was the first sport league I started to get into as a kid and he was a big reason why. He played a huge role in my love for sports. Even though I never knew him, this one really fucking hurts. I can’t even begin to imagine what Vanessa and every other family is going through.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
This is all very surreal. Never would have imagined it. Liked hearing his insight on the game. Always knew how to explain nuanced things clearly.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Didn't Lebron just pass him on the scoring list the game before? I wondered where his mind was at over that record being broken.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every team in the NBA should retire his jersey.
Stupid sentiment

I got to agree with Ommy.

Even as a big Jordan fan...I can admit Kobe Bryant was the best NBA player in my lifetime and he was the only reason I watched the NBA at all the last two decades.

That said, I don't think he should get any special treatment. It belittles the greats before and after Bryant. I don't even know why Mark Cuban did that. Is there a Kobe/Mavs connection I am missing out on? From an objective standpoint, it just looks like he is trying to get press out of an immense tragedy.

I am heartbroken for that family losing a father & daughter at once. No one deserves that kind of pain.

RIP