Breaking News: Nagy's arrogance/ego

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if any of you guys listen to Bears Barroom Last Call after the games but if not you missed out on this little gem of inside info at the 1 hour 21 min mark.

Fucking wow. I know everyone wants to scapegoat Mitch for this season but it's become more and more clear that Nagy is the biggest problem with this team. This shit with Ridley is just the latest example of why his offense is going to fail regardless of what players you give him. He simply has too much ego and arrogance to succeed in this league. I'd love to know just how much of the running game issues are due to Nagy forcing Harry's hand. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Nagy is the driving force behind those issues as well.

Regardless, not sure how anyone can possibly defend Nagy at this point. He's mismanagement of the roster, game plans, and play calling has been absolutely indefensible all season long. 12 weeks into the season and he still can't find an offensive identity. So many plays every game just thrown away on Special person play calls that have zero chance of success it's mind blowing. Fuck this guy.

Hand it over to Pagano and bring in an offensive coach that isn't a Special person egomaniac for 2020. Sign Bridgewater to compete for the starting gig, use those 2 first rounders on OT's, and change to a run-oriented offense like what you see from SF and Baltimore and let the QB's make their living off playaction. Imagine actually having an offense that plays complimentary football for our defense instead of gimmick runs to the sidelines and shotgun spread 3 and outs.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Kind of exactly what I thought about Nagy. You can see it by how he has handled the run game this season.

Good news is we should see immediate improvement once they get rid of Nagy, if not this offseason then the next.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's the source of the Riley comment?

Apparently the guys on the show have a player or two on the team feeding them inside info. They had been refusing to talk about it publicly because they didn't want to upset their source by going public with it but apparently the Shane dude was pissed enough to spill the beans this week.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I am liking Roman more and more. Experienced in the league. Saleh out of SF is one to look for as well but I have the feeling he is much more a flash in the pan. SF has caught lightning in the bottle but when you look at advanced metrics they may be having the season we did last year.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a nutshell, young guys like Ridley & Miller question Nagy's route selection in practice, and subsequently don't get playing time.

Accusations with no sources. And is Nagy going to listen to a guy with zero NFL snaps?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

They bring in a few more Barroom guys to discuss Nagy the follow day. I'm sure you guys that went to camp like they did can corroborate their accounts.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, do we really need to listen to a 3 hour podcast to find justification on why a HC wouldn't change his plays because a rookie WR with no playing time didn't like them?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What's with Bears head coaches and dog houses?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Do you honestly expect them to out their source and totally fuck him over?
Yeah. You’re choosing to believe something just because somebody said it. That’s pretty stupid.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, do we really need to listen to a 3 hour podcast to find justification on why a HC wouldn't change his plays because a rookie WR with no playing time didn't like them?

No one has a gun to your head making you listen to the podcasts douchebag. I simply posted it for the people that might care. If you don't care then don't listen, pretty simple concept.

I swear you Nagy apologists are worse than the Mitch apologists. Acting like Nagy is fucking Bill Belichick or something. God forbid anyone dare question the almighty Nagy with his amazing career accomplishment of riding the coat tails of an great defense. GTF outta here with this shit.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No one has a gun to your head making you listen to the podcasts douchebag. I simply posted it for the people that might care. If you don't care then don't listen, pretty simple concept.

I swear you Nagy apologists are worse than the Mitch apologists. Acting like Nagy is fucking Bill Belichick or something. God forbid anyone dare question the almighty Nagy with his amazing career accomplishment of riding the coat tails of an great defense. GTF outta here with this shit.
Jesus Christ man... deep breaths and count to 10.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tldr for somebody who can’t watch the vid?

I only listened to a little bit but they talk about Hiestand's philosophy and technique not matching the scheme under Nagy. And they talk about Nagy's arrogance being an issue

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Not sure if any of you guys listen to Bears Barroom Last Call after the games but if not you missed out on this little gem of inside info at the 1 hour 21 min mark.

Fucking wow. I know everyone wants to scapegoat Mitch for this season but it's become more and more clear that Nagy is the biggest problem with this team. This shit with Ridley is just the latest example of why his offense is going to fail regardless of what players you give him. He simply has too much ego and arrogance to succeed in this league. I'd love to know just how much of the running game issues are due to Nagy forcing Harry's hand. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Nagy is the driving force behind those issues as well.

Regardless, not sure how anyone can possibly defend Nagy at this point. He's mismanagement of the roster, game plans, and play calling has been absolutely indefensible all season long. 12 weeks into the season and he still can't find an offensive identity. So many plays every game just thrown away on Special person play calls that have zero chance of success it's mind blowing. Fuck this guy.

Hand it over to Pagano and bring in an offensive coach that isn't a Special person egomaniac for 2020. Sign Bridgewater to compete for the starting gig, use those 2 first rounders on OT's, and change to a run-oriented offense like what you see from SF and Baltimore and let the QB's make their living off playaction. Imagine actually having an offense that plays complimentary football for our defense instead of gimmick runs to the sidelines and shotgun spread 3 and outs.
I must have missed something. The commentator says that he has no inside information and then creates a story about what might be going on with the offensive line. He uses, "I don't know", "it could be" and stuff like that. That is zero real facts.

Why don't we say that Lawrence Taylor sent a bunch of prostitutes to the offensive linemen the night before and they are just not in a football mode after the endless night of orgies?

At least, we know that Lawrence Taylor once sent prostitutes to the hotel room of the opposing team the night before the game.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I only listened to a little bit but they talk about Hiestand's philosophy and technique not matching the scheme under Nagy. And they talk about Nagy's arrogance being an issue
Hiestand has been bad. He was one of the more praised Nagy hires too because of the players he produced at ND but even guys like McGlinchey are struggling.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. You’re choosing to believe something just because somebody said it. That’s pretty stupid.

You're welcome to believe whatever you want. Having listened to these guys all year I don't think they'd make this shit up. If they were just making it up they would of spilled the beans months ago, not sat on the story all fucking year. The Shane guy finally shared the story now because he doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Not sure what's so unbelievable about this story anyways. It's not like their peddling some completely outlandish story. It explains why Ridley hasn't seen the field at all this season despite being spending a fucking 4th round pick on the guy and you're currently leading the league in drops.

Knowing what we know of Nagy and his ego it seems totally plausible to me.