**BREAKING NEWS** NFL Announces deal to make YouTube provider of NFL Sunday Ticket

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if true, but I saw something about Apple maybe having the highest bid, but they wanted to charge a low price for Sunday Ticket to get people to move to use Apple TV and NFL said no because it might step on the toes of the major broadcast partners(even if the games would be different, they still are directly competing). Need to make it at least little painful in the pocketbook.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not sure if true, but I saw something about Apple maybe having the highest bid, but they wanted to charge a low price for Sunday Ticket to get people to move to use Apple TV and NFL said no because it might step on the toes of the major broadcast partners(even if the games would be different, they still are directly competing). Need to make it at least little painful in the pocketbook.
This all comes down to accessibility imo

Bust

Liked Posts:
Pretty soon you'll need multiple subscriptions to watch NFL games.

yep. it's also why you can tell in the Game Day threads there are numerous posters there who can't watch the games and rely on box score only. They are real easy to pick out, lol.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder if they'll allow the purchase of just your team's games.
That would be far to convenient. I've never understood why you can't have an ala carte style where you can choose to purchase specific games that are out of market.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But they might potentially get more sales if they lowered the price and allowed you to buy access for your team.

Canth

Liked Posts:
That would be far to convenient. I've never understood why you can't have an ala carte style where you can choose to purchase specific games that are out of market.

The deals that the NFL made with CBS and Fox specifically make it so that can't happen. I think it's somehow supposed to protect their investment or something.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure I'll be signing up. Game Pass/NFL+ has worked well for me but the Bears will be worth watching live next year and I can't imagine Sunday Ticket on youtube being as expensive as it is on dtv. I only know like one person under 80 who has satellite or cable anymore.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Good riddance DirecTv. Been waiting years for this contract to expire. Will definitely consider going legit as long as the pricing isn't too stupid. Looking forward to details.

I imagine prices go up. It'd be nice to just buy a team though. I'd do that. And then steal the rest!

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
But they might potentially get more sales if they lowered the price and allowed you to buy access for your team.

Agree. Just like MLB TV..

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Hopefully they let us sub to our favorite team for a cheaper price.

King also noted YouTube TV could provide a "single-team option" for fans, providing an opportunity to see only one team's out-of-market games while paying a cheaper cost
Sick

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's about what I was expecting.
Meh. I guess I was hoping for the individual team option for 150 (yeah I know, everyone said that was unrealistic).

Though, from the article:
King also noted YouTube TV could provide a "single-team option" for fans, providing an opportunity to see only one team's out-of-market games while paying a cheaper cost. The only choice in the current system provides all out-of-market Sunday afternoon games and NFL RedZone for a fixed rate.