BREAKING NEWS: Roquan Smith Wants OUT!

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Say what you want about pace, but he'd never disrespect the best player on the team like that.

Poles needs to fix this....cuz wtf

He doesn't play a position that's worth the kind of money he wants.

I also never side with the player when they are whining about wanting more millions on top of the millions they are already being offered.

"Bad for myself and the entire LB market". Oh boo hoo!!!!! I feel so bad for you that you are going to make millions playing a game and you want more.

It was broken down very well on the NFL Network on Sirius/XM this morning. It's an offensive league. Linebacker isn't as valued in this league. Why hamstring your budget paying a position that isn't a premium position.

Trade him and get what you can for him.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
Fuck it, just blow it up. Give me a 1st for Roquan and a 2nd for Quinn. I'm happy going into next off-season with:

Justin Fields
2 - First Round Picks
2 - Second Round Picks
$100+ Million in cap space

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I also never side with the player when they are whining about wanting more millions on top of the millions they are already being offered.

"Bad for myself and the entire LB market". Oh boo hoo!!!!! I feel so bad for you that you are going to make millions playing a game and you want more.

It was broken down very well on the NFL Network on Sirius/XM this morning. It's an offensive league. Linebacker isn't as valued in this league. Why hamstring your budget paying a position that isn't a premium position.

He's not even the middle linebacker in this D. He's the Will. Dude should roll the dice and play. He'll be a FA with what may approach the most tackles in the league.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Fuck it, just blow it up. Give me a 1st for Roquan and a 2nd for Quinn. I'm happy going into next off-season with:

Justin Fields
2 - First Round Picks
2 - Second Round Picks

Absolutely!!!!!

Quinn is not the difference in this team going anywhere or not. Trade him for whatever you can get and move on.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Roquan has zero leverage. Show up or get fined.

I realize he's the best player on the defense and is honestly one of my more fav players but strong arming isn't going to do shit.

Show up or pay the fine
And if he hadn't already held out/in since being drafted, he'd have more leverage in simple trust and good faith. But, this looks clearly to be a pattern that will repeat itself. He has only managed to hurt himself in this process by his prior actions.

And come on, Roquan may even be the Bears' best defensive player but, as many have stated, plays a non-premium position and not among the league's best (top 5) at that position. He's good and all, but isn't great, certainly not worth what he's demanding.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Management > Labor

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Justin Fields
2 - First Round Picks
2 - Second Round Picks

You aren't getting that for either player.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Regardless of who you believe is right or wrong, Bears probably arent going to get a return for Roquan worthy of his level of play. Not sure too many teams want to spend a bunch of a draft capital for the chance to pay a top 5 off ball LB top 1 money. Maybe ATL. Bears do have more leverage because of the threat of franchise tag though.

Perfectly said and similar to what they said on NFL Network on Sirius.

It's not a premium position. You don't pay that kind of money to a LB in an offensive league. You need guys that can cover and play the secondary more than you need a highly paid LB. Also, the Bears need some offensive weapons. Spend the money there.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Man people are willing to say and do anything to avoid looking stupid for backing Poles since he took over.

Face it. Poles is in over his head. When’s the last time anything good has happened with the bears since Poles took over and cleaned house?

This is embarrassing

Nothing good was happening before. At the very least, it's the same position we have been in for a long time.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Roquan to Den for Courtland Sutton or Jeudy
That's a good one if they didn't just lose Tim Patrick for the season and with KJ Hamler not showing he can stay healthy in his first year in the league.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like this thread better. I don’t even see another thread on this topic…lol
Ahhh yes, the fake ignore tactic again even though you have replied to me multiple times this week as well as reacted to multiple posts...lol

I couldn't imagine being so soft that i have to pretend to have people on ignore. But i guess thats what you get from guys who hop from franchise to franchise because posters were mean. Have fun being a Vikings fan next year!

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Trade him he is a head case anyways. He is a Will LB not worth the money

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
He's in over his head because he won't get bent over by Roquan Smith at the negotiating table? You dont even no the terms

We do know, that he doesn't have an agent and as someone said, thats about as dumb as representing yourself in court

Also these dipshits, like most of society, take their problems to social media looking for support to get what they want.

It's pretty simple. He doesn't play a premium position and isn't worth that kind of money. The Bears need to spend on OLine, the secondary, and offensive weapons. That is what the league is now.