BREAKING NEWS: Roquan Smith Wants OUT!

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Quan seems like a diva. Reminds me of the Kevin Durant situation. Seems very arrogant and thinks hes the smartest man in the room. Not having an agent isnt helping, it hurts the chances of another team trading for him. No one else wants to deal with his BS either. Id let him sit out as long as he wants until week 8 and then if I couldnt find a good trade option Id send him to the worst team in the NFL. A guy like that seems like hed be a locker room problem with a new regime and so many young players. In an Ideal situation we could easily could have got at least a 1st for him, but with no agent and him going thru the media hes hurt his value.

Liked Posts:
He's been rumored to be a head case and to not keep his weight down. Had a bad feeling this new regime wasn't going to work out with him. Oh well, let's hope that doesn't scare teams away from offering us something good for him. They guy can play ball that's for sure.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Brand new regime. If they had made Robinson a priority and gave him the money he would be back. No good FA wr next year either, this was the best option.

I am not sure what Smith is worth, but I do know he was worth more then vs now. If they weren’t willing to commit to him they should have made the move.
After what Robinson put on film last year there's no legitimate incentive to go out and make him an offer as a new regime. In fact, it would have been looked at as a suspect signing (under your presumption that Robinson would have even came back) which is doubtful.

A team like the Rams has that kinda luxury. They already have the pieces in place. Robinson won't be focal point in that offense but he can certainly compliment it well with a rebound year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
After what Robinson put on film last year there's no legitimate incentive to go out and make him an offer as a new regime. In fact, it would have been looked at as a suspect signing (under your presumption that Robinson would have even came back) which is doubtful.

A team like the Rams has that kinda luxury. They already have the pieces in place. Robinson won't be focal point in that offense but he can certainly compliment it well with a rebound year.
Robinson cost himself 5-10 mil a year loafing around. I was surprised he got more than 10 mil a year

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Robinson cost himself 5-10 mil a year loafing around. I was surprised he got more than 10 mil a year
He certainly cost himself money. I think the problems were multifaceted. We'll never really know all the goings on behind that but it's all very odd. Robinson is pretty widely regarded as a pros pro. So for him to play the way he did last year is a head scratcher.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Quan seems like a diva. Reminds me of the Kevin Durant situation. Seems very arrogant and thinks hes the smartest man in the room. Not having an agent isnt helping, it hurts the chances of another team trading for him. No one else wants to deal with his BS either. Id let him sit out as long as he wants until week 8 and then if I couldnt find a good trade option Id send him to the worst team in the NFL. A guy like that seems like hed be a locker room problem with a new regime and so many young players. In an Ideal situation we could easily could have got at least a 1st for him, but with no agent and him going thru the media hes hurt his value.
You don't think Poles is being a bit of a douche? Sounds like he's only giving him offers he knows he'll reject.

I mean, Poles straight up fired a guy on vacation over the phone.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man people are willing to say and do anything to avoid looking stupid for backing Poles since he took over.

Face it. Poles is in over his head. When’s the last time anything good has happened with the bears since Poles took over and cleaned house?

This is embarrassing
They haven't even played one game yet and Poles has a mess to clean up after what Ryan Pace left him. Frankly you sound a little stupid IMHO.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
You don't think Poles is being a bit of a douche? Sounds like he's only giving him offers he knows he'll reject.

Nah, one thing has nothing to do with the other. Ithink we might actually have a competent GM. In my opinion, Quan is throwing a temper tantrum, seems arrogant and butthurt he didnt get his way.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I look at these as different situations. I think what Poles did for Mack was the right thing to do. The new regime was ready to move on and they helped a respected player out. With the Smith situation, both parties want a deal to get done. But if nothing happens and a trade is the only option, Poles is not going to care if he’s shipping him to a good or bad team. It will all be about value.

Not saying he has to ship him to a contender. I am saying if they can't work out a deal the right thing to do is trade him not try to force him to play on the 5th year option.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's just business. Smith using shrewd tactics to max out his contract imo. If Bears are saying take it or leave it then they don't see him as the best fit for the new D.

No way they cave if he holds out and no way they take any low-ball trade offers. His leverage is pretty limited against a team in full rebuild mode.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Nah, one thing has nothing to do with the other. Ithink we might actually have a competent GM. In my opinion, Quan is throwing a temper tantrum, seems arrogant and butthurt he didnt get his way.
I liked Poles first draft, but his FA moves/non-moves have been a bit suspect.

I'm neutral on him right now.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Poles was just pretty transparent in his presser believing that the process and offers have been respectful, from his perspective. He doubled down in saying they still have every intention of signing him.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I do give the FO some kudos for being up front with the media and not trying to sweep this under the rug likes it's no big deal. I don't think we get that from the last regime where everything was smoke and mirrors.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
at the end of the day, all this talk is moot because he will get signed

no team is giving the value the bears want in a trade. best case for both parties is a long term extension

napo55

Liked Posts:
I watched a sports podcast yesterday that described Justin Fields as depressed at his latest press appearance. Has he lost faith in the new regime--partly as a result of the treatment of the Roquan fiasco?

I see the new GM as a novice who is in a job beyond his skill level and is injecting negativity into this franchise.

For all those who want to trade Roquan for a draft choice, please remember it's a crap shoot and there's no quarantee the player will succeed. (See Teven Jenkins.) So you would be trading the best defensive player and a team leader for a big question mark.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Just some interesting numbers that I'm sure Roquan is trying to use to his advantage in negotiations.

Smith is the first LB since R. Lewis is 1999-2000 to have 300+ tackles and 30+tackles for loss in a two season span.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I watched a sports podcast yesterday that described Justin Fields as depressed at his latest press appearance. Has he lost faith in the new regime--partly as a result of the treatment of the Roquan fiasco?

I see the new GM as a novice who is in a job beyond his skill level and is injecting negativity into this franchise.

For all those who want to trade Roquan for a draft choice, please remember it's a crap shoot and there's no quarantee the player will succeed. (See Teven Jenkins.) So you would be trading the best defensive player and a team leader for a big question mark.

your takes are about as bad as Montuckys