Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No way on Earth Hahn makes this move without interference from ownership...

I was hoping for Hinch or Cora but I will let it play out before I pass judgment. If they can keep him awake in the dugout and sell him on the value of analytics, he should be able to win big with this roster.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I find it ironic that a guy who loves the police so much doesn’t want to cooperate with them when he’s the one they’re after

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Just a total nightmare.
Not really. It happened nine months ago and if the Chicago sports media wasn't already vehemently opposed to LaRussa it'd be getting ignored.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Not really. It happened nine months ago and if the Chicago sports media wasn't already vehemently opposed to LaRussa it'd be getting ignored.

LOL, alright.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Let’s keep this thread bumped so we don’t lose it especially for the uninspiring start to the season.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He’s already made some questionable decisions. Not challenging the Madrigal out call on the steal in the opener and pitching to Walsh in the 9th when the guy is blazing hot... I realize putting him on places a man on third with only one out but it also creates a force at every base and eliminates pitching to a guy that has been killing you!

And it was a righty/lefty matchup...

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think how much better this team would be if Jerry didn’t hire his racist out of touch geriatric buddy.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He gets an unreserved A+ for how he handled the regular season. But really he was hired to win a title, so it can all go for nothing if he's the reason they get bounced early from these playoffs. Ricky Renteria was a huge culprit for the loss to Oakland last year.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well what?
He gets an unreserved A+ for how he handled the regular season. But really he was hired to win a title, so it can all go for nothing if he's the reason they get bounced early from these playoffs. Ricky Renteria was a huge culprit for the loss to Oakland last year.
Lol an A+? The guy was a constant distraction and cost the Sox numerous games with his numerous miscues, both on and off field. He’s an out of touch buffoon who will only hold the Sox back.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Lmao what? The Sox lost all their best players for significant time yet still ran away with the division. No playoff team dealt with injuries through the regular season like the White Sox. Who is the best player on the team who didn't have a DL stint? Can you even name him off the top of your head?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The other four teams in the White Sox division were terrible, to be fair. The Sox probably had more talent than those other teams combined and should have walked away with the division under just about any circumstances.

Abreu didn't have a DL stint. Moncada and Anderson had short ones. Giolito and Cease only because they were far ahead of the pack (not sure if Cease had one or not). Lynn missed like three starts, Rodon only after they had the division sewn up, basically. Extremely healthy and effective starting pitching - I think the opening day starting five pitched 145 games with a 3.5 ERA or so, incredible for this day and age.

The Grandal, Jimenez, and Robert injuries were a lot, but I think that's balanced by an unusually healthy pitching staff, both starting and bullpen.

Larussa was much, much better than Renteria, no doubt about that. I think he excelled at resting guys throughout the season, keeping everyone fresh. I thought he mailed in several games too early and was really inconsistent managing the bullpen especially in the first half. Overall he did better than I thought he would do, but as Tucky says the playoffs will define this team. They walked through the regular season with more talent than the ALC and they should again for the next few years.

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wasn't in favor of hiring the old fella but 93 wins is 93 wins. Should we give LaRussa credit?
We'd sure as hell blame him if the team faltered to be fair.
It's what happens from here on out that defines the season for LaRussa IMO.

GO WHITESOX!!!!!

Bust

Liked Posts:
I wasn't in favor of hiring the old fella but 93 wins is 93 wins. Should we give LaRussa credit?
We'd sure as hell blame him if the team faltered to be fair.
It's what happens from here on out that defines the season for LaRussa IMO.

GO WHITESOX!!!!!

This roster was stacked tho. Even you could have sleep walked this roster into the playoffs.

In the end game tho, he was brought in for the ole playoff experience.

White Sox need to go deep in the postseason. If they lose in the first round season was an EPIC FAILURE~!!!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This roster was stacked tho. Even you could have sleep walked this roster into the playoffs.

In the end game tho, he was brought in for the ole playoff experience.

White Sox need to go deep in the postseason. If they lose in the first round season was an EPIC FAILURE~!!!
There are a number of better rosters in the league. Easy division or not losing a 5 game series to a better team with home advantage isn't an epic failure and I'm not even a LaRussa fan.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The other four teams in the White Sox division were terrible, to be fair. The Sox probably had more talent than those other teams combined and should have walked away with the division under just about any circumstances.

Abreu didn't have a DL stint. Moncada and Anderson had short ones. Giolito and Cease only because they were far ahead of the pack (not sure if Cease had one or not). Lynn missed like three starts, Rodon only after they had the division sewn up, basically. Extremely healthy and effective starting pitching - I think the opening day starting five pitched 145 games with a 3.5 ERA or so, incredible for this day and age.

The Grandal, Jimenez, and Robert injuries were a lot, but I think that's balanced by an unusually healthy pitching staff, both starting and bullpen.

Larussa was much, much better than Renteria, no doubt about that. I think he excelled at resting guys throughout the season, keeping everyone fresh. I thought he mailed in several games too early and was really inconsistent managing the bullpen especially in the first half. Overall he did better than I thought he would do, but as Tucky says the playoffs will define this team. They walked through the regular season with more talent than the ALC and they should again for the next few years.
They won a lot of games to be sure and they just play the games on their schedule....no control over that. But a lot of Sox fans highly overrated this team. They played over 100 games against teams with losing records. It was awhile ago that I checked but I think they had a losing record against teams over .500. They're still on the come and can still do some damage yet this year....but I don't believe they are there yet.