Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
A manager with three world series titles and third most wins somehow doesn't know how to win baseball games.
Hasn't managed in almost a decade and throws analytics out the window. Also, he's a Stand for the Anthem Boomer asshole andhe looked the other way while his players injected each other with PED's which explains his World Series titles.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Hasn't managed in almost a decade and throws analytics out the window. Also, he's a Stand for the Anthem Boomer asshole andhe looked the other way while his players injected each other with PED's which explains his World Series titles.
Damn near everyone was on gear in that era. Acting like those Cardinals teams were somehow unique in that regard is some serious revisionist history.

Nobody gives a shit about his politics. It doesn't matter. He was brought in because the lineups were nonsensical and the bullpen decisions made no sense. You think Tony LaRussa is gonna throw a rookie with two career big league innings into a bases loaded situation in an elimination playoff game? You think Eloy Jimenez is going to leave that game with a sore foot after LaRussa establishes a new order in that clubhouse?

The guy will learn his players and figure out exactly how to use them. His eye for detail and strategy is among the best ever for an MLB manager and he has the track record to prove it. You dont like him because he's an old white guy? Tough shit, the point of this whole exercise is to win games not find a hood ornament you find inoffensive. They tried that with Ricky and it was an utter failure.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
As a Cubs fan, I approve of this hire. LOL

Look on the bright side though, he is an upgrade over Renteria.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Apparently it was between TLR and Willie Harris.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Found a post from good old Brett05 on this over at Soxtalk. Couldn't be anymore on brand:

Such a great call to hire Tony. I was against it until I heard Dan Evans speak about this potential move. He was one of the first to use analytics. He's going to be great for the team. I am all aboard on this move.

And then this:

I really thought our fan base was much more knowledgeable than they are showing in this thread.

Dude is just a fucking bag of hammers.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Is this for real lol lol. Boomer owner hires boomer manager. Prob good idea it will get more boomers into the seats

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Looks like nepotism cronyism Jerry Reisndorf style strikes again. I now rock Dodger Blue.
Are you saying a manager with three rings and over 5,000 games managed is not qualified and only got the job because of nepotism?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This literally has to be one of the most attractive job openings and this is what they thought was a good idea ?‍♂️Lmffffao
It was such a good opening that it got one of the best managers of all time to get back in the clubhouse.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
this is the equivalent of the bears hiring bill parcels
Not really. LaRussa has been the Team President of the Diamondbacks then a front office advisor for the Red Sox and Angels since his "retirement" in 2011. He's been around baseball.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Is this for real lol lol. Boomer owner hires boomer manager. Prob good idea it will get more boomers into the seats
You want to hire AJ Hinch or Willie Harris? Neither of them speak Spanish. You think that's a good fit on this White Sox team? I can count the position players on the White Sox who speak English on one hand. I'll take a boomer who can communicate with the players vs. a younger guy who cant.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It's times like this I'm glad I don't give a shit about Baseball.

This will either be a genius move or an utter disaster.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn near everyone was on gear in that era. Acting like those Cardinals teams were somehow unique in that regard is some serious revisionist history.

Nobody gives a shit about his politics. It doesn't matter. He was brought in because the lineups were nonsensical and the bullpen decisions made no sense. You think Tony LaRussa is gonna throw a rookie with two career big league innings into a bases loaded situation in an elimination playoff game? You think Eloy Jimenez is going to leave that game with a sore foot after LaRussa establishes a new order in that clubhouse?

The guy will learn his players and figure out exactly how to use them. His eye for detail and strategy is among the best ever for an MLB manager and he has the track record to prove it. You dont like him because he's an old white guy? Tough shit, the point of this whole exercise is to win games not find a hood ornament you find inoffensive. They tried that with Ricky and it was an utter failure.

I do. I don’t like my managers stifling the players rights to peacefully protest
Found a post from good old Brett05 on this over at Soxtalk. Couldn't be anymore on brand:

Such a great call to hire Tony. I was against it until I heard Dan Evans speak about this potential move. He was one of the first to use analytics. He's going to be great for the team. I am all aboard on this move.

And then this:

I really thought our fan base was much more knowledgeable than they are showing in this thread.

Dude is just a fucking bag of hammers.

Oh look a racist is happy that the Sox hired a racist.