BREAKING: WHite Sox hire Tony La Russa as manager

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They won a lot of games to be sure and they just play the games on their schedule....no control over that. But a lot of Sox fans highly overrated this team. They played over 100 games against teams with losing records. It was awhile ago that I checked but I think they had a losing record against teams over .500. They're still on the come and can still do some damage yet this year....but I don't believe they are there yet.
Giolito was really disappointing yesterday. The bullpen has been disappointing all year. Vaughn ran into a wall.

Hahn's deadline deals were terrible. Only Tepera worked out.

Jimenez has not improved his approach in his two years in the majors. He needs to this offseason.

They have scrubs in RF and 2B. Lots of talent but a couple huge holes and some misfits, leading to poor defense.

Larussa is a fucking idiot.

They have a window but they have to spend some $ on starting pitching and fill the holes in the lineup. I doubt Reinsdorf will do that.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Giolito was really disappointing yesterday. The bullpen has been disappointing all year. Vaughn ran into a wall.

Jimenez has not improved his approach in his two years in the majors. He needs to this offseason.

They have scrubs in RF and 2B. Lots of talent but a couple huge holes and some misfits, leading to poor defense.

Larussa is a fucking idiot.

They have a window but they have to spend some $ on starting pitching and fill the holes in the lineup. I doubt Reinsdorf will do that.
Larussa's biggest guffaw was being afraid of upsetting the apple cart rather than doing what's best for not only his team but for his individual players as well. Case in point.....I read somewhere that in 2021 that Kimbrell had an ERA in the 9th inning of under 1.00.....any other inning it was over 5. While Hendriks has been pretty good lately.....at the time of the trade for Kimbrell, he had been somewhat unreliable with a penchant for giving up the long ball. All indications would seem to point to Kimbrell going to close with Hendriks setting up. Tony didn't want to upset his closer.....now considering that Hendriks' game picked up, you could say that he made the right call. The right call for Hendriks but it turned an all-star closer in Kimbrell into just another ham & egger relief pitcher.....and a bad call for the White Sox team.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tony Trumpy failed to take his team any further than Rick Renteria did last year.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Tepera gave the Astro's great bulletin board material. Some stupid answers is right . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
None of his pitchers got it done.

Next year we will win 100 games and be rabid dogs in playoffs.

I said it at the start of this season, this year was not gonna be our year.

Pitching and hitting was far too inconsistent.

Big names with huge contracts spend far too many games in slumps together, rather than picking up eachothers slack.

This has shown to not be a problem over a 162 game season, but you get put down in the first round of the playoffs when you are this level of inconsistent.

Not to mention it was quite clear that Sox hitters tended to have bad games against upper echelon competition, in particular, good pitching.

I am being long winded, so I'll conclude.... Sox currently don't hit good pitching often enough to be competitive in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they took a step forward this year, but they need consistent hitting, and they need to hit good pitching or be doomed to be the Cincinnati Bengals of the MLB for the next 3-6 years.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Soooo they’ll get put down?!

Indeed they will.

They have one chance IMO to figure this out.

If they think things are perfect right now and all they need to do is repeat this formula until they win a World Series, I think they'll spend the next several years getting bounced in the ALDS or ALCS.

You can't just be good enough to get there, you gotta show you can swing with the big boys and the Sox hitters shat their pants against playoff pitching.

I know a handful of them hit the ball well, but its a team sport.... the team has to hit the ball, not just 1-3 guys.

You cannot just expect to win a World Series on 1-0 victories where your pitchers must be perfect and your hitters need only find a lucky HR.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Most of their hitter are undisciplined and when the pressure is on they swing at whatever. Numerous unprofessional at bats. How many sliders in the dirt did they swing at? I think Eloy swung at five first-pitch breaking balls out of the zone in five consecutive at bats in the playoffs.

That said the pitching shit the bed worse imo.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Most of their hitter are undisciplined and when the pressure is on they swing at whatever. Numerous unprofessional at bats. How many sliders in the dirt did they swing at? I think Eloy swung at five first-pitch breaking balls out of the zone in five consecutive at bats in the playoffs.

That said the pitching shit the bed worse imo.
Well, that sounds like the issues cubs hitters had the last handful of years. Not a surprise Eloy is just like that, too

but hey, according to cubs fans…Eloy and Cease are already in the HOF somehow. Cubs fans act like they gave up frank thomas and Bobby thigpen or something

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soooo they’ll get put down?!
I swear to God it took me 3 weeks to get this joke. But I laughed.

Yes Knox, if they fail next year they get put down. Might put Kuechel down now with Kimbrel as examples of what's coming to the others.

Or at least pull their beards out one hair at a time in front of the team dinners for all training camp. Whatever you think might be more effective.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You want to hire AJ Hinch or Willie Harris? Neither of them speak Spanish. You think that's a good fit on this White Sox team? I can count the position players on the White Sox who speak English on one hand. I'll take a boomer who can communicate with the players vs. a younger guy who cant.
Lmfffao great necro @Grimson