Breer: Bears to stick with Fields, trade #1 pick

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears found out Fields trade value is lower than the value of the number 1 overall pick.

That should tell you something about how the league views him.
Was that in the script? Which page? How do we know a co-writer won’t edit that plot?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
**Breaking News**

Bears have decided to Trade Justin Fields for the #1 Pick in the Draft. The Bears will then attempt to trade that #1 Pick for more picks.

There, now he's worth a #1 pick

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Clearly - because drafting a QB at #1 instead of trying to build out the roster first is going to result in the same shit. Build the roster and draft capital, give Fields more time and see what happens. At worst, you move on next year when the roster is better. At best, Fields balls and Bears are set.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wouldn't the Bears FO want the "idea" floating around that they might be interested in taking a QB at the #1 spot and all options are on the table, even though behind closed doors, they're set with Fields? I understand it's a difficult smokescreen to pull off but any tool to increase the price of trading for the 1st pick needs needs to be explored.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't the Bears FO want the "idea" floating around that they might be interested in taking a QB at the #1 spot and all options are on the table, even though behind closed doors, they're set with Fields? I understand it's a difficult smokescreen to pull off but any tool to increase the price of trading for the 1st pick needs needs to be explored.
How does bears being interested in a qb drive the price up? Bears are in full control of that pick but other teams know whether they are trying to trade it or not. The price gouging will depend on how many teams are trying to move up. Brady retiring helps out.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Also, hearing ice is cold and water is wet. Waiting on Albert Breers tweet to confirm.

There's probably a better chance that water isn't wet than Fields being traded.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I still can't believe that narrative was even a thing. And that people bought into it.

That narrative likely came from the Bears this time, to drive up the price of the #1 overall pick.

Now that the Texans and Colts have expressed intent, the Bears likely are happy with the market for the overall #1 to the point where they don't feel the need to keep it going.

Its nothing but good news, as annoying as all that shit was.