Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he played a few more games after that hit.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think he played a few more games after that hit.
that was it. I was at bowling league the night of that game lol. even though it was Bears playing I was still like "get up Brett!" (just like the NFC championship game where the Saints tried to actively kill him)

there was anticipation ahead of that game that TCF Field would be a dumpster fire of epic proportions because it wasn't made for cold temperatures. ironic the ironman that played through like 70 other concussions would get whacked then and there.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
You have to wonder about the folks who take pleasure in a player getting hurt.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I use a picture of that moment for posts here on the Forum. Corey Wooten got the hit, but I like the pic of Urlacher just looking down at his lifeless body. I believe that game was played at the Golden Gophers stadium because the Metro Dome had a roof cave in. the Bears romped, and Hester had a touchdown off of a punt return. A good time was had be all Bears fans that night.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have to wonder about the folks who take pleasure in a player getting hurt.
It doesn't seem surprising or rare to me. In a big time physical game like football, taking the other sides key players out happened and still happens quite a bit. Always has been like this and will continue to be until they legislate it out of the game.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
It doesn't seem surprising or rare to me. In a big time physical game like football, taking the other sides key players out happened and still happens quite a bit. Always has been like this and will continue to be until they legislate it out of the game.

I'm guessing most of the folks rooting for an injury have never played the game.

A real fan wants to see his team achieve success by being better than the other guy, not by injuring him.

Just my two cents.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Give me a fucking break. It was favre on the vikings like 3 seasons after he announced his original retirement and he wasn’t hurt long term.
Come down off the cross; we could use the wood