Brian Daboll an interesting HC candidate

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
He developed Josh Allen into one of the best QBs in the league, and Allen was greener than Trubisky when drafted. The Bills have a great offense despite a limited rushing attack, and scheming rushing is his speciality going back to his Patriots days.

Speaking of which he’s been a part of 5 title teams. There are a lot of crappy coaches in the BB coaching tree but the good ones seem to be great -Vrabel, Flores.. Daboll?

The fear is obviously another bald white guy calling plays and who likes tricks/creativity. The difference here is this guy actually has the resume. He already has developed a guy who most pegged as a bust 2 years ago into a top 5 QB. He’s also a good and developing play caller.. Isn’t that what we want? Give him a a better passing prospect like Wilson and see what he can do.

I like Daboll as much as Saleh and quite a bit more than Art Smith.

Last edited:

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Does he have a running game?

very much so. He’s a big reason Allen has 34/0 ratio in the red zone in his career and the best rushing QB. Really maximizes his players strengths. He doesn’t abandon the run if it doesn’t work.

if the Bears are trotting out sludge like Montgomery and this O line I’m not sure even this savior might not help, but if they got a real running back prospect
like Gibson/Swift and some Oline help I have no doubt he’d scheme up a great rushing attack.

This guy likes to manage a play clock and limit the other teams possessions, not go 3 and out in 7 seconds

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Monty would probably thrive to be honest, he was a Bills target the year we drafted him, they settled for Singletary instead.

Cheers buddy.

I hope so. Haven’t had a productive running game here in a while

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The bears are going nowhere without a good, professional GM.
can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit...

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like Daboll quite a bit as well. Their run game isn't great this year, but it's actually Josh Allen bringing their average YPC down, and he's their 2nd leading ball carrier. Their primary runner is getting 4.3 per carry which is fine. But he has played to his strengths. They ran the ball a lot when Allen was a rookie learning the ropes. As he's gotten better, they've leaned less and less on the run game and their offense is scoring more points. They are the top offense on 3rd downs and almost perfect on 4th downs. Middle of the pack in the redzone.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears are going nowhere without a good, professional GM.
can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit...

exactly, whoever they hire as the HC, they are going to need a GM that drafts players that fit his scheme, Pace has proven he's not that whatsoever.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Dont hire a head coach for the sole purpose of developing a quarterback that the Bears dont even have on the roster yet.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Dont hire a head coach for the sole purpose of developing a quarterback that the Bears dont even have on the roster yet.
everything the bears do this offseason should be for the sole purpose of developing a quarterback they don’t have yet.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
exactly, whoever they hire as the HC, they are going to need a GM that drafts players that fit his scheme, Pace has proven he's not that whatsoever.

LOL. Do you think Pace just drafts players without Nagy's knowledge and says "Here ya go. Like it or not this is what you've got." Nagy is just as much to blame for the players they get through FA and the draft.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL. Do you think Pace just drafts players without Nagy's knowledge and says "Here ya go. Like it or not this is what you've got." Nagy is just as much to blame for the players they get through FA and the draft.
To an extent. I'm sure Nagy and his staff are very involved in evaluating players in the draft and give recommendations on who to target. Pace/Nagy talk about the important needs and what he wants, but come draft day it's not like Pace is getting permission from Nagy on who he is taking.

I'm sure once they see how the board is unfolding Pace says I'm targeting these 3 players for my next pick, and Nagy gives his preference incase one is gone. They are a team that works in tandem but Pace is the ultimate architect.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
very much so. He’s a big reason Allen has 34/0 ratio in the red zone in his career and the best rushing QB. Really maximizes his players strengths. He doesn’t abandon the run if it doesn’t work.

if the Bears are trotting out sludge like Montgomery and this O line I’m not sure even this savior might not help, but if they got a real running back prospect
like Gibson/Swift and some Oline help I have no doubt he’d scheme up a great rushing attack.

This guy likes to manage a play clock and limit the other teams possessions, not go 3 and out in 7 seconds
If you think Montgomery is sludge and not an above-average RB, you're a clueless idiot who needs to watch the coach's film.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
I like Daboll quite a bit as well. Their run game isn't great this year, but it's actually Josh Allen bringing their average YPC down, and he's their 2nd leading ball carrier. Their primary runner is getting 4.3 per carry which is fine. But he has played to his strengths. They ran the ball a lot when Allen was a rookie learning the ropes. As he's gotten better, they've leaned less and less on the run game and their offense is scoring more points. They are the top offense on 3rd downs and almost perfect on 4th downs. Middle of the pack in the redzone.

I like Daboll as well, and he's OC'd more than one game unlike his would-be predecessor. But the Bears will follow their formula of being safe every time after "taking a risk". Cutler --> Trubisky; Trestman --> Fox; Nagy --> old retread.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

I agree with this. Granted, the Bears had Trubisky before Nagy, but that was supposed to be Nagy's sole purpose. Get the best coach you can with the best scheme, leadership ability, general football knowledge, and ability to carry out your organization's culture. I'm even open to a defensive HC.

But teams are winning based on scheme right now. The elite QBs are winning, but guys like Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill, Jared Goff, and Taysom Hill are leading playoff teams right now. Garoppolo just went to the SB. Nowhere near elite QBs who play in fantastic schemes. Get a coach that can coach and the QB is more likely to fall in line.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like Daboll as well, and he's OC'd more than one game unlike his would-be predecessor. But the Bears will follow their formula of being safe every time after "taking a risk". Cutler --> Trubisky; Trestman --> Fox; Nagy --> old retread.

You just ruined my life.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
He developed Josh Allen into one of the best QBs in the league, and Allen was greener than Trubisky when drafted. The Bills have a great offense despite a limited rushing attack, and scheming rushing is his speciality going back to his Patriots days.

Speaking of which he’s been a part of 5 title teams. There are a lot of crappy coaches in the BB coaching tree but the good ones seem to be great -Vrabel, Flores.. Daboll?

The fear is obviously another bald white guy calling plays and who likes tricks/creativity. The difference here is this guy actually has the resume. He already has developed a guy who most pegged as a bust 2 years ago into a top 5 QB. He’s also a good and developing play caller.. Isn’t that what we want? Give him a a better passing prospect like Wilson and see what he can do.

I like Daboll as much as Saleh and quite a bit more than Art Smith.
Yeah if i was gm this dude would be my pick

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn’t that exactly what he did to John Fox with Trubisky?