Brian Flores

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
They've also given plenty of people first chances, which also hasn't worked.

If you had to point to things that are glaringly obvious is that during the last century of Bears QB play ineptness is a McCaskey was in charge. The recent decade + of ineptitude has Ted Phillips in charge. And the Bears have quite a collection of head coaches who were fired and went on to abysmal careers after they moved on. This signals to me that they aren't finding the right person.

Obviously, the Bears need to change what they are doing. That change is gonna make some fans feel uncomfortable.

I think Lovie Smith was a success. Sean Desai the jury is still out. Need a larger body of work to decide.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tagovailoa claimed that Flores “doesn’t know how to talk to people.”

yeah, im good on this guy. it will wear out fast

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If you had to point to things that are glaringly obvious is that during the last century of Bears QB play ineptness is a McCaskey was in charge. The recent decade + of ineptitude has Ted Phillips in charge. And the Bears have quite a collection of head coaches who were fired and went on to abysmal careers after they moved on. This signals to me that they aren't finding the right person.

Obviously, the Bears need to change what they are doing. That change is gonna make some fans feel uncomfortable.

I think Lovie Smith was a success. Sean Desai the jury is still out. Need a larger body of work to decide.

I think Smith was meh. He was a solid HC, but a lot of the players that made that defense great were drafted before he was hired. The more input he gained, the worse the Bears got. You could see it specifically in his coaching hires. But I agree they need to do something different, and it doesn't really feel like they are.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Tagovailoa claimed that Flores “doesn’t know how to talk to people.”

yeah, im good on this guy. it will wear out fast

Tua is a bust. Why are we treating his word as gospel? His incentive is to get a coach to to believe in him and buy himself more time. Especially when much more players have come out expressing shock/disgust at the firing.

It’s time somebody took this organization in hand and put their foot down on the BS. Flores is exactly the type of coach you want because he won’t stand for mediocrity and half-assed effort.

I’m tired of the Dick Juron’s/Nagy’s/Trestman beta boys. Go get an alpha.

Last edited:

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
At worse, Flores is a perfect transition coach who will change the culture, has successful HC experience, and get max value from his players (he reminds me of Thibodeau in this regard)

At best, he will turn into a Mike Tomlin/Vrabel stability presence for the org for a long time

He’s not my top 2 choices but probably 3rd.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Tua is a bust. Why are we treating his word as gospel? His incentive is to get a coach to to believe in him and buy himself more time. Especially when much more players have come out expressing shock/disgust at the firing.

It’s time somebody took this organization in hand and put their foot down on the BS. Flores is exactly the type of coach you want because he won’t stand for mediocrity and half-assed effort.

hell yeah preach brother!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
At worse, Flores is a perfect transition coach who will change the culture, has successful HC experience, and get max value from his players (he reminds me of Thibodeau in this regard)

At best, he will turn into a Mike Tomlin/Vrabel stability presence for the org for a long time

He’s not my top 2 choices but probably 3rd.
But knows nothing about offense which is our biggest weakness. Duh

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
scheme related or the way Flores treated him?
scheme but when your coach doesn't take your feedback or listen to you, he's not treating you right. He's been great for the Steelers.

Again, im pro-Flores but thats one case and it ended up being the wrong move.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

whether he is a bust or not is irrelevant. you dont talk to people in whatever manner you feel like because youre the head coach.

every oc has left a job under him every single year. chan gailey wasnt even fired, he resigned. i also question his ability to find a good OC when you have chan gailey coming out of retirement to do it.

Rise

Liked Posts:
scheme but when your coach doesn't take your feedback or listen to you, he's not treating you right. He's been great for the Steelers.

Again, im pro-Flores but thats one case and it ended up being the wrong move.

This is probably the best example and definitely one they should look into. Contract had some play into this as well I suspect but it’s a great point, you never want to see a good player like this want out.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
bullshit aside

you guys really want a guy who cant get his offense straight after how many years? isnt that what we dont want? you want Fields with a new offense every season because the OC quits or is fired?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
i can see it from that perspective but at the same time, that is a lot and it doesn't help the QB. Again, id hope these are questions that are being asked.

Hey, maybe i get my wish and BAL fires Roman and he can find another OC job with the Bears under Flores. But havent heard anything on that front yet.
The Media is stirring up rumors that Roman is the reason the Ravens did not make the playoffs, but for some reason they are forgetting that the Defense was LAST in the League against the Pass.

Harbaugh and Roman decided to go for 2 points twice to win the game instead of going into Overtime, because they could not trust the defense to stop anyone.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is probably the best example and definitely one they should look into. Contract had some play into this as well I suspect but it’s a great point, you never want to see a good player like this want out.
I think there are definitely some issues. Im hoping these idiots are asking the right questions. It may sound crazy but if i were George and co, i would call Jason Liesure and see what he knows and possibly see what questions he would ask. For image sake, we know they would never go to a columnist/beat reporter but he has strong Miami ties and is really good at what he does.

Everyone wants them to do well. Theyd be better served putting ego aside and asking questions to anyone who would be willing to give them the time.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Media is stirring up rumors that Roman is the reason the Ravens did not make the playoffs, but for some reason they are forgetting that the Defense was LAST in the League against the Pass.

Harbaugh and Roman decided to go for 2 points twice to win the game instead of going into Overtime, because they could not trust the defense to stop anyone.
I told you guys that he would get scapegoated months ago. Its so obvious.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
bullshit aside

you guys really want a guy who cant get his offense straight after how many years? isnt that what we dont want? you want Fields with a new offense every season because the OC quits or is fired?
3 years with mediocre QBs. Again, the coordinator issue needs to be a major point of emphasis in the interview process. But the guy wanted Herbert, they gave him Tua.