Brian Flores

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
You can't be serious, right?

Do you think Flores is going through this process because he loves Fields? Really?

I could think of millions of reasons each year that make a lot of sense why he'd want the job.

Maybe here's another way of looking at the same question. Has he turned down any interviews? Is there any team which would make you think their QB is so bad that he's not interested in even talking about receiving millions of dollars from them?

That’s fair, but I just think that if it happens again, it puts his livelihood at risk and he wouldn’t go somewhere without a good QB (for example I see no chance in hell he goes to the NY giants lol even if he interviews with them). Interviewing with each team also gives him leverage to field multiple offers and make a few more mill

But this is just an opinion, your point is definitely valid.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
what’s your method for knowing for sure who will be a great coach? I wish I could read the future too

shitty approach to hire somebody who’s already had success am I right lol
Becuase everyone bitches about our bad offense then you want a defensive coach with a .500 record. Does that make sense

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
That’s fair, but I just think that if it happens again, it puts his livelihood at risk and he wouldn’t go somewhere without a good QB (for example I see no chance in hell he goes to the NY giants lol even if he interviews with them). Interviewing with each team also gives him leverage to field multiple offers and make a few more mill

But this is just an opinion, your point is definitely valid.
There are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL and on average 4-8 spots come available. Outside of a small number of college programs that's the most money you can make coaching football in the entire world (not including 'futbol').

So many coaches only get one shot at that level of pay then go back to being a coordinator. To be clear, there's no guarantee Flores is a head coach for one of the 6 current vacancies (not including Miami), so it's sort of crazy to think he can pick and choose his landing spot especially after being fired.

Regarding his firing, we can call the Dolphins idiots and talk about a power struggle all we want. That's just what fans do when we are pretending we know what's going on. At the end of the day if you were one of those 6 teams looking for a head coach you have to think about what your thoughts are about fellow owner Stephen Ross or long time GM Chris Grier and ask 'why would they fire a coach who has a winning record the past two seasons?'. Actually if one of those teams didn't have an 'off the record' conversation with Miami about that decision the entire hiring process would be in question.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
There are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL and on average 4-8 spots come available. Outside of a small number of college programs that's the most money you can make coaching football in the entire world (not including 'futbol').

So many coaches only get one shot at that level of pay then go back to being a coordinator. To be clear, there's no guarantee Flores is a head coach for one of the 6 current vacancies (not including Miami), so it's sort of crazy to think he can pick and choose his landing spot especially after being fired.

Regarding his firing, we can call the Dolphins idiots and talk about a power struggle all we want. That's just what fans do when we are pretending we know what's going on. At the end of the day if you were one of those 6 teams looking for a head coach you have to think about what your thoughts are about fellow owner Stephen Ross or long time GM Chris Grier and ask 'why would they fire a coach who has a winning record the past two seasons?'. Actually if one of those teams didn't have an 'off the record' conversation with Miami about that decision the entire hiring process would be in question.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'll be amazed if George makes it through the interview without wetting himself. No way the Bears hire this guy.
Right or wrong, the Bears organization takes a lot of pride in hiring 'good people' in their positions of leadership.

Obviously there are two sides to every story, but I got to think after all these years going to ownership meetings George could pick up the phone, call Stephen Ross, then get info that would like you accurately articulated above, make him wet himself.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Right or wrong, the Bears organization takes a lot of pride in hiring 'good people' in their positions of leadership.

Obviously there are two sides to every story, but I got to think after all these years going to ownership meetings George could pick up the phone, call Stephen Ross, then get info that would like you accurately articulated above, make him wet himself.

I hope he calls Robert Kraft for an opinion before he calls Stephen Ross…

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Flores is going to HOU. The Patriots boys club over there lol

I could see that. With all the asshole things that are coming out about Flores he reminds me of Bill O'Brien, who was actually a decent coach until he was also their GM.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I could see that. With all the asshole things that are coming out about Flores he reminds me of Bill O'Brien, who was actually a decent coach until he was also their GM.

1642110662435.jpeg

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I hope he calls Robert Kraft for an opinion before he calls Stephen Ross…
?

Why would you call Robert Kraft about his teams former LB coach? Wouldn't you want to talk to Bill Belichick about that?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Kraft knows his name, but with all the autonomy Belichick has earned I highly doubt Kraft was a part of the hiring or mentoring of Flores.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I don't get why HOU would be trying to get so many NE guys. If I were them, I'd be going in the complete opposite direction considering the catastrophe that they went through with O'Brien. He crippled that team.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
?

Why would you call Robert Kraft about his teams former LB coach? Wouldn't you want to talk to Bill Belichick about that?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Kraft knows his name, but with all the autonomy Belichick has earned I highly doubt Kraft was a part of the hiring or mentoring of Flores.

I don't think I'd be asking Belichick for coaching recommendations after he told the Giants to hire Joe Judge.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I don't get why HOU would be trying to get so many NE guys. If I were them, I'd be going in the complete opposite direction considering the catastrophe that they went through with O'Brien. He crippled that team.
Well, that's an interesting question.

Technically they had O'Brien and when he was fired their DC, Romeo Crennel became the coach for the remainder of the 2020 season. Outside of that I don't think they had another NE head coach hire (Dom Capers, Gary Kubiak, Wade Phillips, O'Brien/Crennel then David Culley).

If you are asking why they are suck a clown show that's a better story. Bob McNair, who started the Texans in 2002, was an interesting guy. From biotech companies to power plans to investment companies the guy knew how to build something and create wealth. He also had a few brash comments, most notably calling saying "can't have the inmates running the prison" when talking about the players peaceful police violence protests (i.e. kneeling). Anyway, he was a good ol' boy who made a bunch of money and definitely was the guiding visionary behind the team.

Like many NFL teams after Bob passed in 2018 his family inherited the team. The majority owner his his wife, Janice McNair and the CEO is their son Cal McNair. Neither of them really had the experience of capacity fill ol' Bob's shoes, so there was a power void. That was largely taken by Bill O'Brien and then after that the team preacher and now Nick Caserio (who came from NE!).

Now many can blame the Watson relationship on Caserio, but Watson has been all over the place as well. He signed an extension in 2020, then asked for a trade a year later. Sure the team traded away some pieces you didn't understand, but come on, that's an extension you agreed to a year earlier. Add in all the IG massage stuff and that's going to sort itself out.

This is a big year for Nick. He's hiring a new coach, they are picking 3rd overall, could get a lot more trade capital and cap space if Watson is tradable things could be interesting. I think the first couple seasons was prying Bill's hands from the controls then doing damage control. This year will be a good indication if he can build something, but I'd add, with some of the analysis being draft picks, we won't know how it looks for a few years.

Personally I think he'll fail. He's only 46 and came from an organization that was run a lot better then he's currently experiencing.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
true but come on man tua is the worst QB ever probably worse than Tebow

would it be an issue if he was here and tearing into Wims or Graham

no more Boy Scouts, let’s win
Tua is not that bad at all.

He's only 23 and have improved in every category over his rookie year.

Actually compare his rookie year to Justin Fields. Go ahead. Pretend it's so much worse when it's actually quite a bit better.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Well, that's an interesting question.

Technically they had O'Brien and when he was fired their DC, Romeo Crennel became the coach for the remainder of the 2020 season. Outside of that I don't think they had another NE head coach hire (Dom Capers, Gary Kubiak, Wade Phillips, O'Brien/Crennel then David Culley).

If you are asking why they are suck a clown show that's a better story. Bob McNair, who started the Texans in 2002, was an interesting guy. From biotech companies to power plans to investment companies the guy knew how to build something and create wealth. He also had a few brash comments, most notably calling saying "can't have the inmates running the prison" when talking about the players peaceful police violence protests (i.e. kneeling). Anyway, he was a good ol' boy who made a bunch of money and definitely was the guiding visionary behind the team.

Like many NFL teams after Bob passed in 2018 his family inherited the team. The majority owner his his wife, Janice McNair and the CEO is their son Cal McNair. Neither of them really had the experience of capacity fill ol' Bob's shoes, so there was a power void. That was largely taken by Bill O'Brien and then after that the team preacher and now Nick Caserio (who came from NE!).

Now many can blame the Watson relationship on Caserio, but Watson has been all over the place as well. He signed an extension in 2020, then asked for a trade a year later. Sure the team traded away some pieces you didn't understand, but come on, that's an extension you agreed to a year earlier. Add in all the IG massage stuff and that's going to sort itself out.

This is a big year for Nick. He's hiring a new coach, they are picking 3rd overall, could get a lot more trade capital and cap space if Watson is tradable things could be interesting. I think the first couple seasons was prying Bill's hands from the controls then doing damage control. This year will be a good indication if he can build something, but I'd add, with some of the analysis being draft picks, we won't know how it looks for a few years.

Personally I think he'll fail. He's only 46 and came from an organization that was run a lot better then he's currently experiencing.
Nick Caserio, Jack Easterby, and O’Brien. That’s a lot of fucking NE blood in leadership.