Brian Urlacher blaming Russell Wilson for ending his career?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The Pro Bowl linebacker told Fox Sports (via CBS) that it was Wilson who ended Urlacher’s career prematurely:

During an interview with Wilson on Wednesday, Urlacher credited — or blamed, depending on your point of view — the second-year quarterback for ending his 13-year career.

“Russell, I’m not sure if you know this or not, but you ended my career basically last year on that third down in overtime,” Urlacher said, via FoxSports.com. “You were rolling out, I was trying to chase you. Trying to chase you down I popped my hamstring and missed the last four games of the season. You ended it.”

How are you guys taking that quote? Do you think he is blaming Wilson for ending his career or joking around with him that he ended it?

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to tell without hearing it. I imagine he's not angry at Wilson or anything, but it is pretty much true.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Diarrhea of the mouth? Nice try Brian, but we understand you're being taught to say provocative things.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to tell without hearing it. I imagine he's not angry at Wilson or anything, but it is pretty much true.

I think it is true as well. If we win that game, and makes the playoffs, Lovie probably stays, and so does Url.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
He should have said "lovie u ended my career. Major Wright blowing out my knee in a meaningless game when starting d should have been on the bench. Going into prevent d in the 3rd quarter allowing russel w. to single handedly get his team back in the game."

I was just going to say the same thing. BU was never the same after this ..:

[video=youtube;6MplixcPMfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MplixcPMfY[/video]

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was just going to say the same thing. BU was never the same after this ..:

[video=youtube;6MplixcPMfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MplixcPMfY[/video]

I can't even click on that because I disagreed so much with the decision to have him out there.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Father Time ended Urlacher's career. Gets em all in the end. Nothing provactive here, just the passing of the torch from one generation to the next.

He's going to be provocative, it's his job now.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man you guys are tough. Without even seeing it, just reading it, it is obvious that Urlacher was just complimenting Wilson on his scrambling and running ability. In fact, I remember Urlacher saying after that game, we lost because we totally underestimated their new QB, and did not properly game plan for someone that good.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i dont think he means it as disrespect toward RW

hes moreso giving props

discplayer

Liked Posts:
The Pro Bowl linebacker told Fox Sports (via CBS) that it was Wilson who ended Urlacher’s career prematurely:

During an interview with Wilson on Wednesday, Urlacher credited — or blamed, depending on your point of view — the second-year quarterback for ending his 13-year career.

“Russell, I’m not sure if you know this or not, but you ended my career basically last year on that third down in overtime,” Urlacher said, via FoxSports.com. “You were rolling out, I was trying to chase you. Trying to chase you down I popped my hamstring and missed the last four games of the season. You ended it.”

How are you guys taking that quote? Do you think he is blaming Wilson for ending his career or joking around with him that he ended it?

nope, it was Urlacher's total inflexibility, particularly his posterior chain that led to the end of his career. the man was fabulous in his day, but was one of the stiffest athletes out there the last 2 or 3 years of his career. it was going to happen at some point, no matter who he was chasing.

think about it. over the years, other than his broken wrist, all of Brian's injuries -- every one of them -- were due to posterior chain inflexibility (hamstring and calf muscle pulls, as well as his eventually chronic back issues).

the lesson here, kids, is to work on your dynamic flexibility every bit as much - if not more -- than your explosive power (what Brian tended to focus on
during his career).

Wilson was just the guy he happened to be chasing when the pull that ended his final contract season occured... he was kinda done, anyway.

Reactions: X

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we'll all have to show some patience with Brian. He's speaking to a national audience.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I can't even click on that because I disagreed so much with the decision to have him out there.
I have always been shocked at how little criticism Lovie got for that. You almost had to turn your head watching BU at the beginning of last yr. Did he have another yr or 2 in him, if not for the knee injury? Who knows, but Lovie was serving Lovie to have him on the field at that time.:smh:

supra8795

Liked Posts:
You fucks blaming Lovie are stupid. Url already said after the vikqueens game that he wanted to play in the game. How the fuck are you gonna try to tell a guy that only knows football that he can't play because it is a meaningless game?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
nope, it was Urlacher's total inflexibility, particularly his posterior chain that led to the end of his career. the man was fabulous in his day, but was one of the stiffest athletes out there the last 2 or 3 years of his career. it was going to happen at some point, no matter who he was chasing.

think about it. over the years, other than his broken wrist, all of Brian's injuries -- every one of them -- were due to posterior chain inflexibility (hamstring and calf muscle pulls, as well as his eventually chronic back issues).

the lesson here, kids, is to work on your dynamic flexibility every bit as much - if not more -- than your explosive power (what Brian tended to focus on
during his career).

Wilson was just the guy he happened to be chasing when the pull that ended his final contract season occured... he was kinda done, anyway.
His knee was bent 90 degrees sideways, knees don't do that, esp. when a 220lb man falls on top of you from about 6 ft.