Brian Urlacher blaming Russell Wilson for ending his career?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You fucks blaming Lovie are stupid. Url already said after the vikqueens game that he wanted to play in the game. How the fuck are you gonna try to tell a guy that only knows football that he can't play because it is a meaningless game?

You need to control your players for their own welfare and the team as a coach.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have always been shocked at how little criticism Lovie got for that. You almost had to turn your head watching BU at the beginning of last yr. Did he have another yr or 2 in him, if not for the knee injury? Who knows, but Lovie was serving Lovie to have him on the field at that time.:smh:

Bah. Urlacher is a football player. He never sat out of 1st team preseason snaps, why would he ever sit out of a real game, even if there is not chance for playoffs? The idea is just silly.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Bah. Urlacher is a football player. He never sat out of 1st team preseason snaps, why would he ever sit out of a real game, even if there is not chance for playoffs? The idea is just silly.
Silly? Why do teams keep players out of meaningless games before playoffs ( including BU in 2005). How wise was it for NE to play Wes Welker in the 2009 finale? Torn ACL and no playoffs. Please expand on why it would have been silly to have your aging veteran sit out the last quarter of a meaningless season ending game? And it really isn't hindsight as I think it would have been wise even if he wasn't injured. I see zero advantage and only potential harm( unfortunately realized) to having a 10 year vet with previous leg injuries playing with 5 minutes to go in a lost season.

Last edited:

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
. How the fuck are you gonna try to tell a guy that only knows football that he can't play because it is a meaningless game?

Byan, Wees a gon pway shom a da uddert guiz fooday. Yousa gon sit hee an wawch. You slpway ness squeak.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He was joking. I heard it.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Do you have a link you could provide for us by any chance? When I first posted this I only saw the written quote and it was very hard to tell whether he was joking or not.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:

No shit. But for whatever reason, some people have to try and demonize every word the best player the Bears have had in the last decade has to say. It's as if they can't wait for him to badmouth the Bears so they can justify the fact they hate his choice to retire rather than play for 1 mil guaranteed.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Silly? Why do teams keep players out of meaningless games before playoffs ( including BU in 2005). How wise was it for NE to play Wes Welker in the 2009 finale? Torn ACL and no playoffs. Please expand on why it would have been silly to have your aging veteran sit out the last quarter of a meaningless season ending game? And it really isn't hindsight as I think it would have been wise even if he wasn't injured. I see zero advantage and only potential harm( unfortunately realized) to having a 10 year vet with previous leg injuries playing with 5 minutes to go in a lost season.

Should they just bench all the starters every losing season? Where does this logic end?

Urlacher got hurt cause Wright blew him up. Thats the issue. Telling starters they can't play the last game before they don't get to play for 8 months is just silly.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
No shit. But for whatever reason, some people have to try and demonize every word the best player the Bears have had in the last decade has to say. It's as if they can't wait for him to badmouth the Bears so they can justify the fact they hate his choice to retire rather than play for 1 mil guaranteed.

But this has NOTHING to do with bad mouthing the Bears, this would have to do with badmouthing Wilson if he was being serious about it.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Should they just bench all the starters every losing season? Where does this logic end?

Urlacher got hurt cause Wright blew him up. Thats the issue. Telling starters they can't play the last game before they don't get to play for 8 months is just silly.

Agreed and its not like Minny came out with a set play saying "This is the play we hurt Urlacher on." Injuries are going to happen in football and thats why they call them accidents.

gasguzzler

Liked Posts:
If I'm lach I'm hoping lovie gives me an out from a meaningless game. Summer rehabing or enjoying my wealth and getting stronger.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:

I agree with you to a point. Urlacher was paid for 16 game seasons and the fans who showed up paid for a regular season game, not the 4th preseason game where they see "auditions".
That said, Urlacher should have been inactive. Or at least pulled after the first defensive series. The head coach should treat that as a bonus preseason game.
That is how I would have handled it, but I don't have NFL teams asking me to interview for head coaching positions, so take it for what it's worth.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Seriously, who was saying anything bad?

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
jesus christ not another one of these threads are you kidding me? this is ridic

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny shit. Its true too.

I was in LA watching that game. When he got hurt, I said to my friend that was the last time I would ever see him play. Sadly I was correct.

Sent from my HTC One

JJMPB

Liked Posts:
Lovie Smith ended his career by not taking him out of a meaningless game against the Vikings and evaluating some of our younger guys at that position just to win the game