Brian Urlacher blaming Russell Wilson for ending his career?

Liked Posts:
nope, it was Urlacher's total inflexibility, particularly his posterior chain that led to the end of his career. the man was fabulous in his day, but was one of the stiffest athletes out there the last 2 or 3 years of his career. it was going to happen at some point, no matter who he was chasing.

think about it. over the years, other than his broken wrist, all of Brian's injuries -- every one of them -- were due to posterior chain inflexibility (hamstring and calf muscle pulls, as well as his eventually chronic back issues).

the lesson here, kids, is to work on your dynamic flexibility every bit as much - if not more -- than your explosive power (what Brian tended to focus on
during his career).

Wilson was just the guy he happened to be chasing when the pull that ended his final contract season occured... he was kinda done, anyway.
Not even, he's was playing with a torn PCL his last year. Without that he would've played 2-4 more years of solid ball.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nothing provactive here, just the passing of the torch from one generation to the next.

All I got from this thread was "provactive". It's my new favorite word.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But i thought it was lovie's fault!!
Lovie didn't end his career, he just unnecessarily shortened it by playing him late in a meaningless game against MIN to end the 2011 season, but I guess Lovie was looking for one of his "start the 2012 season 1-0" with a season ending 2011 victory.

Hey at least he got the win, so what if it cost Urlacher a couple years of a healthy knee and dropped the Bears out of a chance to draft Bruce Irvin, they got Shea McClellin 4 spots later. Totally worth it .

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Man you guys are tough. Without even seeing it, just reading it, it is obvious that Urlacher was just complimenting Wilson on his scrambling and running ability. In fact, I remember Urlacher saying after that game, we lost because we totally underestimated their new QB, and did not properly game plan for someone that good.
thank you. I was worried by the previous replies. I mean really, it was obviously a compliment

discplayer

Liked Posts:
His knee was bent 90 degrees sideways, knees don't do that, esp. when a 220lb man falls on top of you from about 6 ft.
It did not do that. 90 degrees eh? Right.

But what I was talking about was the injuries “other than the knee”, as I stated in my post. Brian was a gifted but inflexible athlete. It was bound to catch up with him... because he was all bound up (pardon the pun).

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Not even, he's was playing with a torn PCL his last year. Without that he would've played 2-4 more years of solid ball.
Nope. His posterior chain was a mess (back, hamstrings and calves). Don’t recall ever hearing about a torn PCL, but even if that was the case, his speed and power were shot, and his back issues had become chronic. For all intents and purposes he was done, and he knew it.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
It did not do that. 90 degrees eh? Right.

But what I was talking about was the injuries “other than the knee”, as I stated in my post. Brian was a gifted but inflexible athlete. It was bound to catch up with him... because he was all bound up (pardon the pun).
Just rewatched see what you mean about the knee bending awkwardly, but his hip was internally rotated which made it appear worse. But apologies on the tone of my response.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
The Pro Bowl linebacker told Fox Sports (via CBS) that it was Wilson who ended Urlacher’s career prematurely:

During an interview with Wilson on Wednesday, Urlacher credited — or blamed, depending on your point of view — the second-year quarterback for ending his 13-year career.

“Russell, I’m not sure if you know this or not, but you ended my career basically last year on that third down in overtime,” Urlacher said, via FoxSports.com. “You were rolling out, I was trying to chase you. Trying to chase you down I popped my hamstring and missed the last four games of the season. You ended it.”

How are you guys taking that quote? Do you think he is blaming Wilson for ending his career or joking around with him that he ended it?

Sounds more like Brian's hamstring ended it - He could have been chasing anybody.