Brian Urlacher: From Fan Favorite to Fan Hatred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Article I wrote on B/R..I'll post it on here later..

Enough is enough Brian.

We all heard what you had to say. We all know what you want to say, but it's time to stop. Your making yourself look foolish.

In case you haven't been tuned in the past week, there are a war of words going on in the Bears organization.....continued in article.

Brian Urlacher: From Fan Favorite To Fan Hatred? | Bleacher Report

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Didnt read it but i havent been a fan of Lacks since he demanded a contract extension when he still had a few years left and he was obviously on the downside of his career. He's always running his mouth, i just want him to play fn ball.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I read the article. I think it's pretty simple, the Bears aren't winning so when Urlacher does things fans lose patience. Urlacher was wrong for shooting back at Gayle Sayers. Just should of let that go. Sayers didn't say anything that was over the top.

In the article Zack you talked about Urlacher being a jerk. Do you think he just became a jerk over the last few years? Chances are he's always been a jerk but when the team is winning no one cared.

When Dennis Rodman did stupid things it was glossed over, for the most part, because the Bulls were winning titles.

I'm not mad at Brian Urlacher then and I'm not mad at him now.

Anytime talked about the contract thing, lots of NFL players try to renegotiate deals, so I'm not sure why fans would be mad about that. I know he had a few years left but that's business. NFL players can be dropped at anytime so I really have no issue with NFL players looking to renegotiate. NFL is so different from the other sports, I can understand a player wanting to get paid before he has some serious injury that can not only end his career, but effect him down the line.

You can criticize the decline of his play (he's going into year 11 that would be expected) but the way fans get on him now for media issues or contract negotiations is just a result of frustration from not making the playoffs. If the Bears have been making the playoffs no one would care as much about these outside distractions. My point is, if what he does bothers you - it should bother you win or lose.

Good read Zack.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also on the front page of B/R -- congrats!

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
I understand both sides.

But since 54 is currently playing for us and directly affects our success, I'm going to continue to root for him.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It was??? I didnt see it, I had to go to softball :(

Yeah man...it's still on there...not on the top...but on the front page down in the NFL Section...

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Sayers is just a bitter old man. he hates the fact that Walter Payton has all the records and has said many times if his career hadn't been cut short he would have all the records. And like many of us he feels that the players are way over paid today

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Sayers is just a bitter old man. he hates the fact that Walter Payton has all the records and has said many times if his career hadn't been cut short he would have all the records. And like many of us he feels that the players are way over paid today

Really? Who in the hell thinks that? I mean, there ARE bad contracts given out in all professional sports, but who the hell would think these guys, as a whole, are overpaid?

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still an Urlacher fan, he's always been a jackass, that's why we love him.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I think his age and injury problems the last few years (even the small ones) are taking it's toll on him and frustrating him. It was probably just said out of frustration and anger at the way things have went since going to the Superbowl.

Maybe, just maybe he is a jerk and always has been but it's easier to overlook when the team is doing good.

The way he handled it was unprofessional and the fact that he said it about Sayers probably one of the most recognizable Bears players with the exception of Payton, Singletary, Butkus etc... He has yet to win anything so he should probably just keep his mouth shut and go out there and let his play do the talking much the way it has done his whole career.

Good read Zack.

Adibear

Liked Posts:
nice one for standing up for the team Urlac...

Manticore

Liked Posts:
Really? Who in the hell thinks that? I mean, there ARE bad contracts given out in all professional sports, but who the hell would think these guys, as a whole, are overpaid?

Uhm. Let me get the phone book out.

And to add to this post, I still have the utmost respect for Urlacher. Sayers was being honest as far as he was concerned,and Urlacher fealt betrayed over it.

Urlacher thought stones were being thrown at him and his team so he threw some bigger ones back.I remember a time when people were upset that Urlacher wasn't vocal enough.

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Allow me to stand behind Urlacher in this.

I don't have much problem with what Sayers said ... but since he's not on the team, he's an outsider. And when outsiders are bad-mouthing YOUR team, it's not going to make you happy, regardless of who said it. I'm glad Urlacher did it. I hope he'd do it again.

The relationship between Sayers and Urlacher will have no effect on this season. But the relationship between Urlachers and his teammates will, and this has to help, right?

drunkntailgater

Liked Posts:
I give Urlacher all the credit in the world for standing up for his team. Sayers said that.....and the team hasn't even taken it's first Season Snap yet. Urlacher is a team captian for crying out loud...he should defend his team! Da Bears have spent more money on FA's than any other team in the league this season! I seriously feel that they are trying very hard this season to make what they got work.

I lost alot of respect for Sayers because of his comments this season...even before Urlacher responded back.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Uhm. Let me get the phone book out.

Is this a roundabout way of saying you don't like how much athletes get paid nowadays? If you think that, just come out and say it so it can be discussed.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
So former players are supposed to blindly love and support the team no matter what? :rolleyes:

Sure look at me I played for the Cowboys, the Broncos and the Packers and as a former player I blindly love and support my team the Chicago Bears. Oh yea thats right I never played for the Bear oh well there is alway got to be one in the crowd.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
lebronpuppetfacepalm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.