Brinner

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Being recently single and living alone I've found myself cooking breakfast foods for dinner quite a bit. My two favorites right now:

Scotch Eggs

Form loose sausage of your choosing into large, thin, patties on some plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
Get 1/4 inch of water boiling in a pot, frying oil to 350 degrees in another, and set up station with beaten egg, seasoned flour (add salt, pepper, and cayenne), and bread crumbs (I do panko).
Steam eggs for exactly 6 minutes to "soft boil." (yolk will be runny and whites soft)
Immediately put them in a cold bath to stop cooking.
Remove shells without breaking the eggs (hardest part), and pad them dry so that the sausage will stick.
Wrap eggs in sausage.
Flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
Fry for 5-6 minutes.
Eat them amazing little fuckers.

French Omelet -- Basically just the better version of normal omelets.

Get whatever you plan on throwing in it ready off to the side and/or pre-cooked if needed.
Beat them eggs with a dash of milk and season.
Get pan to medium-low heat.
Throw in tab of butter just before eggs.
Continuously beat the eggs with mixing fork in the pan while cooking til they're all only slightly congealed.
Once a bit congealed but still runny spread out evenly across bottom of pan to let the exterior wall solidify and throw in other ingredients.
When the bottom is solidified enough, take your fork and roll one edge inward and continue til it's completely rolled up in one corner of the pan.
Leave it in the corner to continue cooking for a minute or so, then flip and leave in the corner again for another minute+.

If done correctly the interior of your little egg football should still be super soft, almost like a custard, when you cut into it. Good shit.

Reactions: DC