Brisker 28th best graded prospect overall

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Poles has taken plenty of heat for leaving Fields out to dry, myself included.

FYI Brisker was the 28th best rated prospect according to nfl.com, whose grading is pretty accurate.

The top 7 CBs graded by NFL.com went off the board very closely to their grades.

For safeties, Brisker was 2nd best safety prospect.

Poles certainly stuck to BPA strategy. Let's hope Brisker is a player.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

FYI Brisker was the 28th best rated prospect according to nfl.com, whose grading is pretty accurate.

The top 7 CBs graded by NFL.com went off the board very closely to their grades.

I think people sleep on just how much of a need safety was. Yea, we didn't have shit at corner outside of Jaylon Johnson but at least we have Jaylon Johnson. We literally did not have a starting caliber safety on the roster. Just because Eddie Jackson had a good year 4 years ago and is paid a lot doesn't mean he ideally should be starting. He's been replaceable at best since Amos/Fangio departed.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whenever any local or national sports media outlet says anything positive about the bears or it’s players, it’s noteworthy.

When the same people/outlets say anything negative, it’s irrelevant

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
What Receiver was on the board to want over Brisker? I don't understand the frustration.

If you are mad we didn't draft the walking red flag George Pickens, I can't help you. Unlike Pickens, Brisker was actually productive in college. Pickens best season he has 700 or so yards receiving. NO THANKS!

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh... how easy is it to find a Franchise QB compared to a Starting Safety?

Defenses can be completely rebuilt in a year or 2....

Pissing away a cheap QB contract when you should be surrounding him with talent to see if he's worth the $150million+ investment the next time his contract comes due is a very Bears like strategy... Let's see how it turns out for them Cotton...

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Pissing away a cheap QB contract when you should be surrounding him with talent to see if he's worth the $150million+ investment the next time his contract comes due is a very Bears like strategy... Let's see how it turns out for them Cotton...
If he’s worth that mega QB contract, we will all be able to clearly see it without a guy like Pickens…lol

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

What exactly are we pissing away? Are you under the delusion the Bears were going to compete this year? Is his contract up next year? Considering this is a two year minimum rebuild I’d rather Poles pick the guy he believes is best.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he’s worth that mega QB contract, we will all be able to clearly see it without a guy like Pickens…lol

I guess I just don't have the same eye sight of "Visionman".

also... I wasn't sold on Pickens.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What exactly are we pissing away? Are you under the delusion the Bears were going to compete this year? Is his contract up next year? Considering this is a two year minimum rebuild I’d rather Poles pick the guy he believes is best.

zero delusions. I just feel like offensively they punted this year.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don’t seem to have the same eyesight of Helen Keller…

Because I have doubts this regime is doing all it can to make Justin Fields excel? Seems legit.

Is it easier to see with blinders on?

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
Pissing away a cheap QB contract when you should be surrounding him with talent to see if he's worth the $150million+ investment the next time his contract
This is my concern. I get the BPA approach (and god knows, the Bears need just about every position) but you fix the offense first, find out if your QB is any good, and then worry about defence. This next draft is going to be high draft picks as well, so you might as well be prepared to get a new QB if it turns on Fields is no good (and if you improve the offense, and he shows he has the stuff, then you have another year of learning under his belt without making him shell shocked).

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Brisker's grade really looks like a steal. Drafting someone with a first round grade late in the 2nd was likely very easy for Poles.

The WR prospects I agree, they got thin pretty quickly. There were definitely some OL he could have drafted with nice grades with either selection though.

I rallied for getting Fields some help, either via WR or OL. Fields is going to risk injury this year running for his life. With someone that valuable I don't like chancing it.

If Fields is a bust none of this matters.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Wow so they had him over D.Hill, L.Cine and J.Pitre. I had him over Pitre but i love L.Cine.

Pickens went off my board when the character issues came out about him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What Receiver was on the board to want over Brisker? I don't understand the frustration.

If you are mad we didn't draft the walking red flag George Pickens, I can't help you. Unlike Pickens, Brisker was actually productive in college. Pickens best season he has 700 or so yards receiving. NO THANKS!
For me it was Skyy Moore but i do love Brisker.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He has 4 years left on his contract. There is plenty of time dude.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Tell that to the Rams, Eagles, Texans, Titans etc just recently on how “clear” it is. I get Pickens wasn’t a can’t miss prospect, but being as clear as possible on the QB would be in the first year GMs best interest... If Mooney gets hurt and the OL sucks, Bears have a top 5 pick, are they going QB or not?