Brisker 28th best graded prospect overall

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He signed Patrick, Dozier and Davenport. He drafted 4 OL.

He signed Pringle, St Brown and Moore. He drafted VJJ.

Not sure how adding 11 players at WR and OL is doing very little.

You may not like the moves he made but he made a ton of moves.
Dozier is junk, and Patrick is being terribly overrated by this board, draftin a bunch of 6th ant 7th round OL is kind of like throwing a bunch of shit against the wall and hoping a couple stools stick

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

He made some actually OL moves, but WR is atrocious. He literally had to sign somebody at WR just to fill the roster. Hard to give him credit for something that literally every or any GM has to do.

He added very little talent to the WR position.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Moore 0 catches in 2021.....for two teams

ESB.....9 catches in 2021...for like 90 yards

Pringles.....was he the 4th/5th option in KC????? not bad....as a slot/3rd option but if he was so highly regarded by the staff; why a 1 year cheap deal???

Hey Justin; we've given you all the tools to be successful!!!!!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This is the thread for whining now. Good…keep it in here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dozier is junk, and Patrick is being terribly overrated by this board, draftin a bunch of 6th ant 7th round OL is kind of like throwing a bunch of shit against the wall and hoping a couple stools stick
Yeah I prefer to actually wait until they play the games before concluding.

He made some actually OL moves, but WR is atrocious. He literally had to sign somebody at WR just to fill the roster. Hard to give him credit for something that literally every or any GM has to do.

He added very little talent to the WR position.

Yes I am aware of that being the concern. It has only been repeated like 1k times. It doesn't mean shit at this point as we aren't even at training camp yet. It is entirely possible he did not do enough at WR. It is also entirely possible Mooney emerges as a No 1, one of Pringle/St Brown/Moore solidify the No 2 spot and VJJ is a fine 3rd option. Again perhaps it would be helpful if we see how things unfold once they actually get on the field.

Pringles.....was he the 4th/5th option in KC????? not bad....as a slot/3rd option but if he was so highly regarded by the staff; why a 1 year cheap deal???

He is gambling on their athletic traits and this coaching staff being able to coach them up. We won't know if it is a good gamble until the games are played. Your objections are noted but what is the point continuing to cry about it. The games will be played soon enough.

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Actually Pringel moved past Hardman last year to become the third option in KC behind Hill and Kelce.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
no, they blew the S pick by not selecting Joseph
I suspect that they were targeting Jones in 3 and preferred the higher rated Brisker to taking Jones in 2. I get what you're saying here as Joseph is a VG prospect. They probably didn't like Pickens for personality and ability to stay healthy reasons there and the other WRs were either inside guys or one trick ponies.

I had us taking Pickens in 2 before the draft because I expected Watson gone and Pickens the last remaining true X but I also knew he would be off or dropped down a lot of boards. Gordon, Pickens, Joseph would have been pretty hip but I'm good with how this went down. Pickens could be a problem with a fresh staff trying to build a new culture that doesn't jive with what we've read about Pickens.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think the 1 year deal was Pringles idea. Find a team to get a lot of targets and increase your value for a longer contract.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
zero delusions. I just feel like offensively they punted this year.
I also feel like they emphasized defense rather than offense . I am ok with this. We were near the bottom on defense in most categories, if not all categories. We had (have) so many needs on this team during the draft.

Liked Posts:
I LOVE THE BRISKER PICK!!! The Bears first pick made me want to puke in my own mouth. The Brisker pick upped my spirits a bit.

I believe he will assimilate near flawlessly. After over a decade they FINALLY got it right at BOTH SAFETY positions.

Great pick!

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I LOVE THE BRISKER PICK!!! The Bears first pick made me want to puke in my own mouth. The Brisker pick upped my spirits a bit.

I believe he will assimilate near flawlessly. After over a decade they FINALLY got it right at BOTH SAFETY positions.

Great pick!
They got it right with Eddie Jackson?!?? You sure about that?? I certainly hope he returns to form with some actual coaching & accountability, but we'll see ?‍♂️

Liked Posts:
They got it right with Eddie Jackson?!?? You sure about that?? I certainly hope he returns to form with some actual coaching & accountability, but we'll see ?‍♂️
I hear you. However Eddie Jackson has shown us all that he can play. You know he can play because you have seen this already.

Again it goes back to coaching mostly. What were the consequences if Jackson didn't carry out simple fundamentals on the football field? No club dub in the locker room that week?

Nick Saban went through this with Jackson at Alabama and told Jackson that he's going to tackle in his defense or take a hike. Jackson got his shit together immediately.

Now the Bears have a true Safety that can take Jackson's job if needed, & I wouldn't be shocked if that garaunteed money Jackson was paid is starting to dwindle.

Jackson has got to be getting close to needing a new deal and has a kid that I think is going to be a terror out there whose more than ready to make himself a name. Jackson will figure it out.

I say that this is the first time in years the Bears finally have it right at both SAFETY positions, but it's actually not. They had it right with Jackson and Amos. Unfortunately they let Amos walk because Nagy needed cap space for Pace to sign him gimmick players from the scrap heap so he could run one of the worst offenses I've ever seen at any level..

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's PRINGLE you fkn r3tard. And he should have been the #2 in KC, he's much better (overall) than Mercole. One is a 2nd round pick, the other is a UDFA. Very similar numbers, and PRINGLE is a better blocker at WR. He is going to surprise. Agree on the rest.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Can he play LT?

Liked Posts:
Can he play LT?
I completely get where your coming from. However the Brisker pick, IMO is a quality pick from every facet.

Its the Bears TOP PICK that makes my head want to POP. How many different ways have we found out that you dont have to waste early draft assets on a CB for a TAMPA 2 defense, when you already have your #1 CB in order?

We have seen the DJ MOORES and ZACH BOWMANS from the later rounds give the defense solid play as later round values.

Weve seen TIM JENNINGS from the bargain bin play to a probowl level in this system as that #2 CB.

We saw that wasting a top pick on Kyle Fuller was a terrible idea when you lack a DT tandem to get pressure in the face of the QB and a TRUE 4-3 MIKE to take away the middle of the field as the Bears currently lack both..

If this was last years defense that asked its CBs to play the 5 common coverage techniques with some regularity then Gordon would have been a a slam of a pick.

In this defense Gordons going to mostly play 2 coverage techniques, sometimes 3 techniques with the C1 Robber which I wouldnt run alot of with no one to get pressure from the interior and an undersizes MIKE thats probably going to get injured.

How long do people expect an ILB with a 6'1"/235 pound frame to hold up with no second ILB to split the bill and space eating Defensive linemen to keep them clean? I wouldnt count on long.

Which sucks because if Poles insisted on going defense, there was freak 4-3 MIKE LB talent all over this class but he missed the bus.

So they essentially traded one of the better edge rushers in the game who has already proven his salt in this system out in Oakland, so that they could skip over one of the 2 staple positions for this system in the draft, just to get a second CB, which this system doesnt put a heavy emphasis on.

IMO they would have been much better off going with the best available O lineman with that top pick, once Watson came off the board, then CB later on.

I just hope Gordons confidence doesnt get completely shredded once offenses see they can open up this defense from the inside out and eventually pick the CBs apart.

I hear people constantly saying that they have a lot of holes to fill when this new GM came in and created SIGNIFICANTLY more holes than he needed to.

Its not hard to spot a hack GM before the fact. Theyre usually more concerned with putting their own stamp on a roster than they are with just winning. Nor do I accept that Poles is building for next year with a franchise thats been building for next year for the past 30 years.

I really believe the Bears should have pulled out all of the stops to snag Omar Kahn from Pittsburg.

Unfortunately it looks like Poles "never sleeps" either.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Top CBs are approaching 20m or so. I suspect the Gordon pick is about ensuring if Johnson starts angling for a big contract after this year when he is eligible that we have a potential No 1 CB waiting in the wings. That way Johnson becomes trade bait as I would not pay big money to a CB in a heavy zone scheme.

You should focus the big money on positions important to your scheme which in this D is 3T, Edge, and an elite WILL or MIKE. Everything else you look for bargains in FA and guys on their rookie contracts who can turn into comp picks or trade bait if they succeed.

So I am not paying JJ 17-20m a year if that is what he is looking for. I trade him, have Gordon ascened to No 1 and continue draft and look for bargains at CB in free agency. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
It is difficult to assess the entire offense with Matt Nagy at the helm. He ended up being an incompetent boob that had no business running an offense in the NFL. I’d wager we will see an improvement in the offense with a commitment to run the ball and use play action to help Fields.