Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Broncos fan has gotta be like:
“Drew’s been working hard every day,” ... “Teddy’s going to bring some experience to the room, some leadership. So we’re really excited for both quarterbacks."

Are you fucking kidding me?!

The Broncos made the stunning decision to take cornerback Patrick Surtain II with the No. 9 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft Thursday, opting to leave one of the most highly-touted quarterbacks in Justin Fields on the table.
Sports Illustrated’s Mike Silver said on NFL Network Friday that Denver “really, really liked Fields,” but that they “just loved Patrick Surtain II more.”
Broncos general manager George Paton made a point to say the organization is content with Drew Lock, the quarterback they drafted in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft, and recently acquired QB Teddy Bridgewater.
“Drew’s been working hard every day,” Paton told reporters after the conclusion of the first round Thursday. “Teddy’s going to bring some experience to the room, some leadership. So we’re really excited for both quarterbacks. We’re always looking at every position and quarterback’s another one, but we like the two we have.”
With the Panthers acquiring quarterback Sam Darnold from the Jets on the eve of the draft, Bridgewater was shipped to Denver in exchange for a sixth-round pick.
The Broncos passed on Justin Fields with the No. 9 pickGetty Images
Fields, the two-time Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year, was ultimately drafted at No. 11 by the Bears, who traded up with the Giants to make it happen. Chicago sent their 20th-overall pick, as well as their fifth-rounder and a first- and fourth-round pick next year, to the Giants in the deal.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How can you need both, desperately, and like a potential "generational" QB but love a CB?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Patton didn’t believe that. It’s hubris. He got Bridgewater and thinks he will light it up when he was at Minnesota. We will see who is right.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Broncos fan has gotta be like:
“Drew’s been working hard every day,” ... “Teddy’s going to bring some experience to the room, some leadership. So we’re really excited for both quarterbacks."

Are you fucking kidding me?!

The Broncos made the stunning decision to take cornerback Patrick Surtain II with the No. 9 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft Thursday, opting to leave one of the most highly-touted quarterbacks in Justin Fields on the table.
Sports Illustrated’s Mike Silver said on NFL Network Friday that Denver “really, really liked Fields,” but that they “just loved Patrick Surtain II more.”
Broncos general manager George Paton made a point to say the organization is content with Drew Lock, the quarterback they drafted in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft, and recently acquired QB Teddy Bridgewater.
“Drew’s been working hard every day,” Paton told reporters after the conclusion of the first round Thursday. “Teddy’s going to bring some experience to the room, some leadership. So we’re really excited for both quarterbacks. We’re always looking at every position and quarterback’s another one, but we like the two we have.”
With the Panthers acquiring quarterback Sam Darnold from the Jets on the eve of the draft, Bridgewater was shipped to Denver in exchange for a sixth-round pick.
The Broncos passed on Justin Fields with the No. 9 pickGetty Images
Fields, the two-time Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year, was ultimately drafted at No. 11 by the Bears, who traded up with the Giants to make it happen. Chicago sent their 20th-overall pick, as well as their fifth-rounder and a first- and fourth-round pick next year, to the Giants in the deal.
They can mitigate the damage a bit by going QB in the 2nd at #40. I think you go with Trask or Mills. Mond seems to be the guy coming off the board next so he could be the pick.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Seems like all the stars aligned for the Bears last night.

First, you've got San Francisco passing on Fields at #3. I'll never know why. Of all the top 5 guys I thought Lance was by far the riskiest. But, there's that.

The Lions at #7 did the Lions thing and passed on Fields even though Jared Goff is clearly a journeyman.

Next you look at Carolina at #8 and Denver at #9. Ironically enough before the draft, Carolina traded for Darnold which made Bridgewater expendable to the Broncos at #9. Both teams addressed the QB position, apparently enough in their minds to pass on Fields.

Onto #10, the Eagles obviously must have thought the Giants were eyeing Devonta Smith so they traded in the division to hop up and grab the last real #1 WR left on the board. Considering how the Giants ended up using the 20h pick, it's perfectly reasonable to assume that they were eyeing Smith and didn't want to reach for a guy like Toney at #20, so the door was open to trading down. Considering what the Giants were wanting, they made out awfully well picking up our first next year for a guy they might have entertained drafting in that spot anyway.

Nonetheless, there ya go. Combine that with how Rodgers may have played his last game as a Packer and not only did the door open up to just getting Fields, but it might be open to Fields being the best QB in the division by the end of this season.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So Broncos picked up Fuller and Surtain in the offseason. Gonna be a tough team to throw on, but thankfully their offense will be so putrid with Drew Lock/Teddy, teams will only need to score 17 points to win. They are going to be the 2019 and 2020 Bears. Sucks to suck, loserssssss

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They can mitigate the damage a bit by going QB in the 2nd at #40. I think you go with Trask or Mills. Mond seems to be the guy coming off the board next so he could be the pick.
They aren't drafting a QB this draft unless it is a practice squad guy...that ship has sailed

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think the person most disappointed that they didn't wind up in Denver with a nice offensive line and an explosive stable of skill position weapons is Justin Fields himself.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So Broncos picked up Fuller and Surtain in the offseason. Gonna be a tough team to throw on, but thankfully their offense will be so putrid with Drew Lock/Teddy, teams will only need to score 17 points to win. They are going to be the 2019 and 2020 Bears. Sucks to suck, loserssssss
Why just limit that to just 2019 and 2020, lol.

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But if they get Rodgers they will jump ahead the Chiefs in that division

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are two types of people on the Broncos boards. The rabid kool aid drinkers or wtf were they thinking people....

If you thought the Bears board had kool aid drinkers you should see the Broncos board........

FoCo

Liked Posts:
Apparently George Paton is really good friends with Pat Surtains dad from the early 2000,s and that may have been the deciding factor.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I think the person most disappointed that they didn't wind up in Denver with a nice offensive line and an explosive stable of skill position weapons is Justin Fields himself.
he doesnt give a shit. Great players make everyone around them better.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they made the right decision. Still too early to bail on Lock and if he falters they have Teddy. Part of the reason I thought Fields would be their at 11.