Browns Board

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Reading that board makes me wonder what the fuck is wrong with this board.

Those fans have gone through more s*** than us and have come out on the other side.

To be fair, since we've drafted Fields and people aren't complaining about Trubisky any more, there's been a better level of discussion on here.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Those fans have gone through more s*** than us and have come out on the other side.

To be fair, since we've drafted Fields and people aren't complaining about Trubisky any more, there's been a better level of discussion on here.
Depends on the thread. People are literally selling Mooney short and almost labeling him a bust because a ball that touched his fingertips wasn't caught.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Overall they seem very level headed.

I think some are overestimating our run defense and like the rest of the national media, give more flack than deserves to our OLine.

As far as our run D, The Rams put the ball in Stafford's hands and let him ball out. They were having plenty of success on our secondary, so there was no need for them to rely on the run. Cincinnati is similar, in that they are pass 1st and let Burrow throw a lot. Looking back on last season, I think our Run D is slightly below average. Maybe Eddie Goldman makes a difference if he is able to suit up. Otherwise, I think the Browns will have their way with us.

Our OLine has been faring pretty decently as of now. Yes, we've given up a few sacks, but we aren't allowing constant pressure and have been able to get a good push in the running game.

I did laugh at one poster's comment that we do not have as much talent on offense than the Texans. I don't believe that to be the case. Maybe we haven't utulized the talent the best, but Arob, Mooney, and Monty are better than Cooks and whomever the Texans have . Byrd, Goodwin, and Kmet/Graham round up a solid group. I expect Fields to get the most out of our guys and also able to add a mobile element to our offense

Curious why you think Byrd, Goodwin and Kmet/Graham are a solid group? Byrd has had one good season in the NFL and has done nothing in the first two games. Goodwin had a couople of decent years with the 49ers and has done little since then. Kmet has been a disappointment as a receiver. At some point the "potential" needs to turn into production. Graham was a very good player, but is at the end of his career.

There are two productive players and the rest are not players any team with a good set of receivers would covet. If either AR or Money are injured, this team (and whoever is playing QB) is in real trouble

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Curious why you think Byrd, Goodwin and Kmet/Graham are a solid group? Byrd has had one good season in the NFL and has done nothing in the first two games. Goodwin had a couople of decent years with the 49ers and has done little since then. Kmet has been a disappointment as a receiver. At some point the "potential" needs to turn into production. Graham was a very good player, but is at the end of his career.

There are two productive players and the rest are not players any team with a good set of receivers would covet. If either AR or Money are injured, this team (and whoever is playing QB) is in real trouble
Are you closing in on labeling Kmet a bust? I don't see him ever being a top 5 guy, but I've still got a wide window of outcomes for him. Maybe that's just because I usually pretty much write off rookie years for TEs.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

I like the group's dynamic. None of them are #1 receivers, but that's not their role. As a whole, adding Byrd and Goodwin add speed to the offense and give the offense an option to get a mismatch in coverage. Byrd can be a solid option when needed as was shown last year with the Patriots. If he can be a serviceable #2 for them, I like him as a #3 or #4 for us. The same for Goodwin. As a #3/#4 his speed must be respected. If the corners have a weak link, these type of guys could have a big game out of nowhere.

I simply like Kmet's potential. I don't expect much out of rookie Tight Ends, but I like his toughness and grit he has shown so far. He may not have the greatest stats, but he has gotten us some tough yards that don't show up on the stat sheet.

We have the skill position to be a top 15 offense, no doubt. Its all about QB getting it right and providing these guys with opportunities. Anyways, my original assessment was in comparison to the Texan's offense. We have more to work with then them.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
On JF's first start:

They have zero faith in their defensive coordinator and they seem to be a reasonable message board. Didn't notice too many meatballs buy didn't really investigate too much.

On the other hand, the Bengals board figured the Bears game would be a blowout win because of the LAR fiasco.

They have a point, considering they didn't look that good when Tyrod was in the game. That said, Cleveland is just a better all-around team than the Bears, and I don't have much confidence in Fields making his first start against a talented defense in a hostile environment. Some things are playing in the Bears' favor though. If OBJ doesn't play, the Browns are seriously lacking offensive weapons in the pass game, and for some reason refuse to use Peoples-Jones.

They are obviously run heavy, but they will also pepper their talented TEs with targets. This kind of plays in the Bears favor since the secondary sucks outside of JJ. Also, perhaps Fields is better prepared with a full week of practice. He made some decent throws last week, and was using his legs some, but the game still looked too fast for him, as it most certainly will throughout the year. And the Browns really struggled with Tyrod's mobility last week. However, Tyrod is a pretty solid veteran QB, where Fields is likely to make mistakes. It won't be a good idea to hold the ball long against this Browns pass rush, as Fields has been prone to do and is my largest gripe so far against him.

mecha

Liked Posts:
It's because everyone knows Nagy is a fraud. If only the Bears knew...
seriously, the notion this isn't completely transparent is about as absurd as Nagy flexing his so-called offensive genius. you people want to make cracks about the Browns, Bills, or Lions, fans of other teams across the entire league view the Bears as equal or greater laughingstocks, and have since they actually made it to the Super Bowl... which is the closest you can get to actually winning one, a feat that 30 other teams don't get to partake in.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Hey, from this guy's lips to the Fields' ears.

Wardy_OBR
Posted on 14 hrs, , User Since 236 months ago, User Post Count: 1007

Watching the highlights from the Bears/Bengals game it looks like Fields likes to run if there is any pressure at all. That isn't good for the Browns defense historically. I don't have any faith that Woods will do anything different than he has already done. Hopefully I'm wrong but I expect a big day from Fields due to Woods incompetence.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm surprised this board thinks the Browns are unbeatable.. Bears shutdown Mixon without Edwards and Goldman, both of them could be playing this week.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I’m starting to think that every game on our schedule is winnable, if Nagy wasn’t the OC.
It is tough when you are at a scheme disadvantage in most games. At least on offense, Desai showed he can put together a game plan last week after getting picked on by the Rams.