Browns turn down Hardknocks

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Odd, I remember hearing that teams with first year head coaches were exempt from having to do it anyways.

I guess not exempt from the league asking if they would do it.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Odd, I remember hearing that teams with first year head coaches were exempt from having to do it anyways.

That's correct. They're exempt from the list of teams that have no choice in the matter, so my guess is that they were asked to volunteer for it and turned it down.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just wondering what everybody thought about the Bears doing Hard Knocks this year.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I was just wondering what everybody thought about the Bears doing Hard Knocks this year.

I love that show and would love it even more if it featured the Bears. But from all accounts, it seems that most organizations don't like it b/c it's too much of a distraction. So if the Bears feel the same way, then I wouldn't want them to do it.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'm so glad the Browns turned this down. What a boring season of Hard Knocks that would be. Sad the NFL marketing tests revealed that is the team the majority wanted to see. I personally could care less about Johnny Football or the Browns.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
i thought teams already volunteered? Still don't see why Cleveland would turn it down. Manziel is already going to be in the spotlight. This would have given him the chance to show a different side of himself, instead of the party boy everyone claims him to be simply because he goes on vacations inside the US. Plus, they could really enhance their marketability. The Bengals still played lights out last season with this "distraction".

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we have the classiest coach in the league, I wouldn't mind a show case right now and anything to help move past last year.