Bryant loses grievance

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
If there was any chance of a deal it would have happened by now.

Then Almora and Souza in vs lefties for Schwarber and Happ or Heyward. Really depends on how the season goes. Descalso will also see some time at 2B. So expect a semi platoon depending on if production.

Again, going on long term history, not where he was last year when Almora was better against righties.

Schwarber hits a bomb on top of the scoreboard against a lefty, we have to sit him against lefties.

I am hoping for here are your 8 best players. If you got beat out for a starter job, that means you are a bench guy.

Souza here to pinch hit, injury insurance. Bote and Happ, new Zobrist, lets you keep you r 24, 25 and 26th men as pitchers.

Lets see how Ross handles handing out participation ribbons on a daily basis.

The Maddening mentality of, "I was never good enough, so it would take a manager like me to let me play" is gone.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If there was any chance of a deal it would have happened by now.

I believe that we can expect:

Bote 2B
Schwarber LF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Baez SS
Happ CF
Contreras C
Heyward RF

Then Almora and Souza in vs lefties for Schwarber and Happ or Heyward. Really depends on how the season goes. Descalso will also see some time at 2B. So expect a semi platoon depending on if production.

Descalso has been a .240 hitter for the most part with a .330 OBA. Bote .250 with a .340 OBA. So neither are ideal as lead offs but both come in with walk rates over 10%.

That is what I expect going into this season. Nico should get 300 PA at Iowa working on his approach and playing primarily 2B. They really need him to master both prior to promotion. Add to it they have Short at SS in Iowa who can fall into a UI role in 2021.

As far as CF goes Davis should be at MB. At SB in 177 PA he had a .305/.381/.525. so we are talking about a 30/30 talent. But he is raw still. Has to work on his base running and technique. He has gotten by on pure talent and his celing is the highest of all the Cubs hitters. So we are talking about a 70 grade player potentially if he hones his talent.

So I see him 3 years out due to the time investment needed. But we are talking about a impact talent pending for CF.

I never said a deal would happen...simply just pointing out the reason why there was/is interest.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Let's face it, a deal was not going to happen before the grievance was settled. And no team was going to have serious discussion with the Cubs until that happened. So no, if a deal is going to get done to trade Bryant, it could not have been done except over the last two days.

The process of trying to seriously trade Bryant did not start until two days ago. Ideas had been floated, a general concept of what the Cubs wanted back from such a trade, but no detailed agreements with the proviso "if he loses the grievance" attached. In fact, such a pre-agreement on a trade, based on the result of the grievance, could even have been taken as proof that Bryant should have won it.

I expect that, if he's to be traded prior to the season, it will happen in the next 7 to 10 days. And yes, I would love to see Bryant to KC for Merrifield and the Royals' best pitching prospect.

-Doug

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Again, going on long term history, not where he was last year when Almora was better against righties.

Schwarber hits a bomb on top of the scoreboard against a lefty, we have to sit him against lefties.

I am hoping for here are your 8 best players. If you got beat out for a starter job, that means you are a bench guy.

Souza here to pinch hit, injury insurance. Bote and Happ, new Zobrist, lets you keep you r 24, 25 and 26th men as pitchers.

Lets see how Ross handles handing out participation ribbons on a daily basis.

The Maddening mentality of, "I was never good enough, so it would take a manager like me to let me play" is gone.

That is why I listed every player in undefined roles. I believe that a D line up of plus range in big OF's like Pet-co and LAD makes more sense than L vs R match ups my self.