BTW: Russel Wilson yesterday answered the question, can the Bears win a big game

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
with Jay Cutler. Seriously, what a horrific Cutleresq performance by Wilson, and yet, he still won. There you have it. :bizarro: :bizarro: :bizarro: :bizarro:

Rise

Liked Posts:
BTW: Russel Wilson yesterday answered the question, can the Bears win a big ...

I would agree, we have about a 6% chance to win with cutler.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He may be on to something, but victory only came with a successful onside kick...which Gould has never done.

Keep Jay...Cut Robbie...Go to the Superbowl....

(Are you taking notes, Ryan?)

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think you'll notice yesterday that at the end of the game Wilson got his head on straight and helped his team win. The chances Cutler does that are slim to none. Cutler seems to get worse until the game is finally over.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
with Jay Cutler. Seriously, what a horrific Cutleresq performance by Wilson, and yet, he still won. There you have it. :bizarro: :bizarro: :bizarro: :bizarro:

Yeah, Bostick.

Wilson was horrible, until that htappened.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I think you'll notice yesterday that at the end of the game Wilson got his head on straight and helped his team win. The chances Cutler does that are slim to none. Cutler seems to get worse until the game is finally over.

See, I'll disagree. Wilson was pathetic for 3.75 Quarters. One of the worst playoff performances from a QB in league history. The only reason Seattle won that game is because Green Bay shit the bed.

Great, Wilson stepped up in a big moment and won the game. So it takes his game from putrid to mediocre at best. Two plays, once of which was a game winner, doesn't excuse the abomination of a game he played. Wilson gets to rely on the best defense in the game and one of the best rushing attacks in the game. His margin for error is huge, as seen yesterday.

Wilson is a leader, he has top notch intangibles, he's smart, he's talented, but he's not a franchise QB. He's an opportunistic QB and takes advantage of the positions his team puts him in.

Seattle is nuts if they want to make him one of the top paid players in the league. They should recognize that he needs a strong defense and a strong run game to win. I get that QB's are getting overpaid, but if Seattle pays Wilson for what his value actually is they have a shot to be a dynasty. This way they have the money to plug the holes on the team. If they expect to lose Lynch and some of their pieces on defense and have Wilson carry the team every week they're in for a rude awakening.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Wilson got exposed for exactly who he was yesterday, an average to above average quarterback who is GREATLY BENEFITED by having a fantastic defense and a great running game.

He had a sub 500 completion % and threw 4 picks. Some of those weren't his fault but he still looked like shit.

They got lucky on a great onside kick, and now Wilson is a hero? Bostic catches that onside kick and Wilson gets blamed for a huge choke job.

Call me a Russell Wilson hater.. maybe I am. I just think he gets such a huge benefit off the best defense in the league and a great running game. He has a very low completion percentage and throws the ball the least of anyone in the league. Meaning he isn't asked to do very much.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Technically speaking, if your defense is "good enough", you can win with ANY quarterback.

The 2000 Ravens would have won the superbowl with Cutler. That team went 5 straight games without scoring a touchdown.

DocBito831

Liked Posts:
Nor Cal born, Nor Cal raised. Orange County living
They won in spite of Wilson. Marshawn Lynch and that defense kept them in it. Didn't we have that here in '06?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
See, I'll disagree. Wilson was pathetic for 3.75 Quarters. One of the worst playoff performances from a QB in league history. The only reason Seattle won that game is because Green Bay shit the bed.

Great, Wilson stepped up in a big moment and won the game. So it takes his game from putrid to mediocre at best. Two plays, once of which was a game winner, doesn't excuse the abomination of a game he played. Wilson gets to rely on the best defense in the game and one of the best rushing attacks in the game. His margin for error is huge, as seen yesterday.

Wilson is a leader, he has top notch intangibles, he's smart, he's talented, but he's not a franchise QB. He's an opportunistic QB and takes advantage of the positions his team puts him in.

Seattle is nuts if they want to make him one of the top paid players in the league. They should recognize that he needs a strong defense and a strong run game to win. I get that QB's are getting overpaid, but if Seattle pays Wilson for what his value actually is they have a shot to be a dynasty. This way they have the money to plug the holes on the team. If they expect to lose Lynch and some of their pieces on defense and have Wilson carry the team every week they're in for a rude awakening.

And how many times has Wilson had a game like this compared to Cutler? Gimme a break with this shit. I've never seen Wilson have a game this bad but he has one and he sucks huh? Brilliant logic.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
They won in spite of Wilson. Marshawn Lynch and that defense kept them in it. Didn't we have that here in '06?

No. We had a QB who sucked for 3/4 of the year in 06 not just 3/4 of a game.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Wilson got exposed for exactly who he was yesterday, an average to above average quarterback who is GREATLY BENEFITED by having a fantastic defense and a great running game.

He had a sub 500 completion % and threw 4 picks. Some of those weren't his fault but he still looked like shit.

They got lucky on a great onside kick, and now Wilson is a hero? Bostic catches that onside kick and Wilson gets blamed for a huge choke job.

Call me a Russell Wilson hater.. maybe I am. I just think he gets such a huge benefit off the best defense in the league and a great running game. He has a very low completion percentage and throws the ball the least of anyone in the league. Meaning he isn't asked to do very much.

Yeah, it's not like Wilson has made a lot of good plays over his career. Gimme a break with this shit. He's 10X the QB we have now and it isn't even close.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
And how many times has Wilson had a game like this compared to Cutler? Gimme a break with this shit. I've never seen Wilson have a game this bad but he has one and he sucks huh? Brilliant logic.

Geeze dude. When did I say he sucks?

Wilson is a game manager who has the ability to make big plays when opportunities present themselves. But he's not someone you count on to carry an offense nor is he someone you want as the focal point of your offense.

Wilson played horrid and it was more what Green Bay was doing to him. They kept him in the pocket. They corralled him and he didn't know what to do.

I don't think Wilson sucks. I also don't think he's anywhere near Rodgers, Brady, Luck. Shit, I don't think he's at Flacco or Big Ben's level. He's a good QB that benefits greatly from his supporting cast. He was also exposed a bit as a run first QB. He was panicking after his first read yesterday, which wasn't the book on him before. Prior to this game he was considered somewhat of a pocket passer that only ran when he had to. Yesterday, Green Bay closed the pocket and Wilson looked very uncomfortable. That's exactly how you control him and beat him.

Wilson is the result of how you're supposed to develop and build around a QB. Props to Seattle. They accentuate his strengths and cover his weaknesses.