Bulls 2022 Offseason Discussion Thread (FREE AGENCY)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Starts at 6

Durant officially wants out. This org won’t make a move for him but would be nice

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Sounds like Suns or Heat for KD?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Realistically, Durant, LaVine, and DeMar wouldn’t be a great fit. None are known for defense and all of them like to operate with the ball and get a lot of shots. I think Demar would be the odd man out.

Demar, Coby, Vuc, Portland pick for Durant? Not sure who starts at C and Durant does have a shaky injury history

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
An underrated story line with the current FAs thus far, it seems Reinsdorf is at it again with the no luxury tax mandate. Based on everything that's out so far it seems like Bulls won't offer the full MLE amount in total because they're looking to stay just under the luxury tax. No guarantee that Gallinari signs here but it appears that the offer out to him is such that the Bulls still remain under the tax.

Hopefully something happens to debunk that idea, but just something that seems to be rearing its ugly head once more

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
An underrated story line with the current FAs thus far, it seems Reinsdorf is at it again with the no luxury tax mandate. Based on everything that's out so far it seems like Bulls won't offer the full MLE amount in total because they're looking to stay just under the luxury tax. No guarantee that Gallinari signs here but it appears that the offer out to him is such that the Bulls still remain under the tax.

Hopefully something happens to debunk that idea, but just something that seems to be rearing its ugly head once more
I’ve said this a million times. Winning it all to Jerry is just gravy. His main goal is just making the playoffs with lowest cost possible. There are enough fans out there that will support that strategy he doesn’t care

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gallo chooses the Celtics, 2 years 13 mil...about what the Bulls would've offered so oh well

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Jerry has always been consistent…he’ll pay the tax for a contender. It goes to show you how they view the team internally. This is not a championship caliber roster

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Nope, very much so looks like the Bulls will be just under the tax once they get vet minimums to fill out the roster.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Yeah I noticed that yesterday as he let a bunch of nice pieces such as bamba and hartenstein slip away because they are cheap

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah I noticed that yesterday as he let a bunch of nice pieces such as bamba and hartenstein slip away because they are cheap
100%. Bulls absolutely could of and should of matched the 2 years 21 mil Bamba got. That would of been their full MLE, and its the kind of move a team truly trying to assemble the best possible roster would do.

Bulls being cheap, no surprise there I guess.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
So basically, here’s the team

Vuc/Drummond/Bradley
Williams/DJJ/Marco
DeRozan/Green/Terry
LaVine/Ayo
Ball/Caruso

Edit: I forgot Coby.