Bulls 2022 Offseason Discussion Thread (FREE AGENCY)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You all got opinions on what should be fixed, discuss here

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Couldn't even wait until the end of the regular season.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Vuc and Coby, gone. They’re not the type of players I want on the team. If I’m AKME, they’re shipped out no questions

Gobert and Turner are rumored to be available. I’d start there but they definitely Need to find a C with some testosterone, athleticism, and interest in playing defense

Perimeter D - Bulls don’t have anyone with size and athleticism to guard the bigger and more skilled wings. Ayo and Caruso often are tasked with this either by design or by lazy and dumb switches. Need to fix this

I’d start there but obviously without a true franchise top 10 caliber player the Bulls won’t be competing for a title. That’s obviously easier said than done, however.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gobert is available?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gobert is available?
Rumors at best that Jazz might look to shake things up since the Donovan Mitchell/Rudy Gobert combo doesn't seem to be getting them anywhere. Not sure how much stock to put in them, but obviously if he's available it would revamp your entire defense

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If Gobert is available, I’d make that trade in a heartbeat. Aside from the defensive side of the ball, he provides a rim runner/easy guy to lob it up to for dunks.

I don’t think Utah would want Vuc in return, though…so would have to work out a 3 team deal, I imagine.

but if the bulls could somehow drop Vuc and Coby and add Gobert, thatd be a hell of a good start IMO

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If Gobert is available, I’d make that trade in a heartbeat. Aside from the defensive side of the ball, he provides a rim runner/easy guy to lob it up to for dunks.

I don’t think Utah would want Vuc in return, though…so would have to work out a 3 team deal, I imagine.

but if the bulls could somehow drop Vuc and Coby and add Gobert, thatd be a hell of a good start IMO
Gobert is on a pretty hefty deal. Pretty sure would have to add more to the deal to make the $$$ work

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vuc and Coby, gone. They’re not the type of players I want on the team. If I’m AKME, they’re shipped out no questions

Gobert and Turner are rumored to be available. I’d start there but they definitely Need to find a C with some testosterone, athleticism, and interest in playing defense

Perimeter D - Bulls don’t have anyone with size and athleticism to guard the bigger and more skilled wings. Ayo and Caruso often are tasked with this either by design or by lazy and dumb switches. Need to fix this

I’d start there but obviously without a true franchise top 10 caliber player the Bulls won’t be competing for a title. That’s obviously easier said than done, however.
Therein lies the rub though. Chances are slim to none that you get any of the existing top 10 or even 15 players to come here.

In no particular order those players would be something like
Giannis
KD
Embiid
Jokic
Curry
Luka
Lebron
Harden
Kawhi
Trae
Jimmy
Ja
Lillard
Booker
Tatum

And obviously you could argue some of these players aren't enough to vault you into contender category on their own. Very obviously very very few of those players would even be remotely considered to be available, let alone probable to come here.

Realistically you just try to build a team that could make a play for the ECF and hope that those pieces could maybe net you a top player down the line if you're lucky.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Gobert is on a pretty hefty deal. Pretty sure would have to add more to the deal to make the $$$ work
According to nba trade machine, Vuc and Coby for Gobert works straight up. But yeah, there would end up being other guys moved I’m sure to get everyone in all parties involved happy

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Here’s a question for everyone…where do people consider Gobert to be ranked?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here’s a question for everyone…where do people consider Gobert to be ranked?
I'd put him in the top 30, maybe top 20 of players because his defensive impact is massive obviously. But we've also seen teams completely neutralize him by forcing him to matchup with a someone with perimeter skills and pulling him away from the basket.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
As Founder and President of the "I Hate Coby White Association" he can't get out of my Bulls basketball life quick enough. Vuc has got to go as well. He is a very high needs player. I don't mean in the diva sense, but in the 'he needs to be involved early' or 'he needs the offense to run a certain way through him' type of player.

There's obviously no way to move Lonzo, but I would be very interested in any offers that came my way.

I'm not sure Lavine is a max player.

I don't think Gobert is as good defensively as most, however he is a physical presence that the team desperately needs.

I'd draft Mark Williams from Duke.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
As Founder and President of the "I Hate Coby White Association" he can't get out of my Bulls basketball life quick enough. Vuc has got to go as well. He is a very high needs player. I don't mean in the diva sense, but in the 'he needs to be involved early' or 'he needs the offense to run a certain way through him' type of player.

There's obviously no way to move Lonzo, but I would be very interested in any offers that came my way.

I'm not sure Lavine is a max player.

I don't think Gobert is as good defensively as most, however he is a physical presence that the team desperately needs.

I'd draft Mark Williams from Duke.
Agree with all of this except the last part. I don’t watch college so no idea about mark Williams

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
7 footer with a 7’7 wingspan…I like!
I'm not a big comp guy, especially when it ranges from Erick Dampier to Capella, but someone that can fill that type of role is what interests me the most.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Therein lies the rub though. Chances are slim to none that you get any of the existing top 10 or even 15 players to come here.

In no particular order those players would be something like
Giannis
KD
Embiid
Jokic
Curry
Luka
Lebron
Harden
Kawhi
Trae
Jimmy
Ja
Lillard
Booker
Tatum

And obviously you could argue some of these players aren't enough to vault you into contender category on their own. Very obviously very very few of those players would even be remotely considered to be available, let alone probable to come here.

Realistically you just try to build a team that could make a play for the ECF and hope that those pieces could maybe net you a top player down the line if you're lucky.
That is indeed the rub. Look at the celts…they’ve been very good and relevant for what seems like 20 years. Very well coached, a zillion 1st round lottery picks…very deep and talented roster…yet they haven’t made it to the finals in that span. Why? They don’t have the goods as far as upper echelon talent. They will remain competitive but won’t win a championship unless that changes.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That is indeed the rub. Look at the celts…they’ve been very good and relevant for what seems like 20 years. Very well coached, a zillion 1st round lottery picks…very deep and talented roster…yet they haven’t made it to the finals in that span. Why? They don’t have the goods as far as upper echelon talent. They will remain competitive but won’t win a championship unless that changes.
I mean if we're going by 20 years.. they made the Finals in 2008 and 2010, winning once. If you mean post-KG.. they have three ECF appearances.