Bulls 2022 Offseason Discussion Thread (FREE AGENCY)

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would as well, but apparently some don’t think it’s so
He’s better as of this year. But significantly better? And going forward in ayo’s 2nd season? Maybe marginally…but would not label him significantly better

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He’s better as of this year. But significantly better? And going forward in ayo’s 2nd season? Maybe marginally…but would not label him significantly better
Then you clearly haven’t watched many Grizz games…particularly when Ja was out during the season

And keep in mind, I was high on Ayo from the start. So much so that I was called “Mrs. Ayo” by a certain poster on here

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Then you clearly haven’t watched many Grizz games…particularly when Ja was out during the season

And keep in mind, I was high on Ayo from the start. So much so that I was called “Mrs. Ayo” by a certain poster on here
Wasn’t me lol

I don’t watch many grizz games, you’re right. I think we’re mainly splitting hairs here, though. I agree tyus is better. It’s the “significantly better” classification im not so sure about. You watch more grizz games so maybe he is. Either way, I think the Bulls need to aim higher if they want to take the next step. Especially as outside shooters go, I don’t think tyus is that guy and and doesn’t have a proven consistent track record. Good player though.

I was also high on Ayo and still think he’s a good player. I expect a step forward next season. It’s just so strange that literally every player got worse over the season. I can’t recall a bulls time experiencing anything similar

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wasn’t me lol

I don’t watch many grizz games, you’re right. I think we’re mainly splitting hairs here, though. I agree tyus is better. It’s the “significantly better” classification im not so sure about. You watch more grizz games so maybe he is. Either way, I think the Bulls need to aim higher if they want to take the next step. Especially as outside shooters go, I don’t think tyus is that guy and and doesn’t have a proven consistent track record. Good player though.

I was also high on Ayo and still think he’s a good player. I expect a step forward next season. It’s just so strange that literally every player got worse over the season. I can’t recall a bulls time experiencing anything similar
No, it wasn’t you lol

Just pointing out that I like Ayo a lot, but he is limited somewhat as far as facets of the game he will excel in IMO

Jones is an all around PG, there isn’t any area where he is especially weak, and his shooting has been trending in the right direction

And if you’re watching tonight, there’s about 3 min till halftime and he has 10 points 3 boards and 3 dimes and is 2/4 from 3

Enasic

Liked Posts:
No, it wasn’t you lol

Just pointing out that I like Ayo a lot, but he is limited somewhat as far as facets of the game he will excel in IMO

Jones is an all around PG, there isn’t any area where he is especially weak, and his shooting has been trending in the right direction

And if you’re watching tonight, there’s about 3 min till halftime and he has 10 points 3 boards and 3 dimes and is 2/4 from 3
He’s playing very well tonight too.

Who called you mrs. Ayo?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Just realized OPJ is a FA. He’d fit the bill and would be a good signing, IMO. 6’8, plays the 3/4 and averaged 6 boards in 22 MPG this season. Career 40% from 3. Posted a 16 PER and .168 WS/48. Would fit this team well and be an excellent bench piece.

Don’t know if the bulls could swing it, but if they could sign OPJ and Drummond to go along with their 1st, I think that would be a good off-season.

Lonzo/Ayo
LaVine/Caruso
DeRozan/Green
Williams/OPJ
Vuc/Drummond

Plus BPA rookie and Coby or whatever they get from a trade. Wont win a title but could be a fun team if healthy.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just realized OPJ is a FA. He’d fit the bill and would be a good signing, IMO. 6’8, plays the 3/4 and averaged 6 boards in 22 MPG this season. Career 40% from 3. Posted a 16 PER and .168 WS/48. Would fit this team well and be an excellent bench piece.

Don’t know if the bulls could swing it, but if they could sign OPJ and Drummond to go along with their 1st, I think that would be a good off-season.

Lonzo/Ayo
LaVine/Caruso
DeRozan/Green
Williams/OPJ
Vuc/Drummond

Plus BPA rookie and Coby or whatever they get from a trade. Wont win a title but could be a fun team if healthy.
OPJ is def the unsung hero for the dubs tonight. That said, he’s always hurt

Enasic

Liked Posts:
OPJ is def the unsung hero for the dubs tonight. That said, he’s always hurt
Yeah, that’s def a legit concern. On a super cheap 1 year deal though I’d pull the trigger.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, that’s def a legit concern. On a super cheap 1 year deal though I’d pull the trigger.
I feel like if OPJ is taking the vet min that he'll just stay with GSW. It's kinda funny though that he does fit a need on this team after being so underwhelming the last time he was here. Different role this time around though, he'd fit that role much better and of course would be much cheaper so no real complaints there.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I feel like if OPJ is taking the vet min that he'll just stay with GSW. It's kinda funny though that he does fit a need on this team after being so underwhelming the last time he was here. Different role this time around though, he'd fit that role much better and of course would be much cheaper so no real complaints there.
Agreed. I think it’s more likely he stays with GS, unfortunately.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

It wasn't because I didn't think Ayo was good. It was because you defended him like a significant other lol. Not a bad thing lol

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So everything this offseason is going to depend on the Zach situation then?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So everything this offseason is going to depend on the Zach situation then?
I mean, that's the biggest piece that's going to "come" to the team this offseason in all likelihood. If Zach were to walk for whatever reason, there's no way this team is getting any better with what's available in FA. That said, I think it unlikely that AKME doesn't give Zach the max and in that case, we're really just looking at vet minimum level players to fill out the roster and replace guys like Matt Thomas/Troy Brown Jr. We have the MLE too of course, but that's it outside of some surprise trade.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is long, but a cool interview with Stacey King

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Saw this thrown around elsewhere but I would pull the trigger all day:

S&T LaVine for Anfernee Simons, Josh Hart and lift the protection on the 1st this year (#6 overall)

Not sure how the money works out or if more salary needs to be added but it would be a win for the Bulls, IMO. Don’t get locked into a max contract for LaVine and get a young similar player back in Simons who could shoot the lights out, #6, and a versatile wing player in Hart who could also shoot it.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Worry about giving Zach max is misguided IMO. He'll still be in his prime throughout it's duration and is someone that could convince another star to join him. Also understand TV contracts are up 2 seasons from now, and that the cap is likely shooting up again.

If things go south and we want to rebuild then some team will certainly want him.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Lets not make the same mistake we made with Jimmy, not wanting to pay him max because he isn't a #1.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Worry about giving Zach max is misguided IMO. He'll still be in his prime throughout it's duration and is someone that could convince another star to join him. Also understand TV contracts are up 2 seasons from now, and that the cap is likely shooting up again.

If things go south and we want to rebuild then some team will certainly want him.
You might be right. Bulls might be able to trade him if they want to rebuild. Or, he hurts his knee and his value goes in the shitter. It’s a risk.

What we know now is that this team currently constructed is not a threat whatsoever and signing Zach to a max contract really limits what the bulls could do as far as the cap goes. How do they improve?