Bulls #3 Most Valuable NBA Franchise...Now Worth $1 Billion

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10332246/forbes-new-york-knicks-nba-most-valuable-team

The New York Knicks, for the second straight year, are the NBA's most valuable franchise, according to the annual league list that was published by Forbes on Wednesday.

The Knicks topped the list at a worth of $1.4 billion, helped along by the renovation of Madison Square Garden, which in part led to an all-time record profit of $96 million last season.

The Los Angeles Lakers finished second with a valuation of $1.35 billion on the heels of turning what Forbes says was a $66 million operating profit last year despite a league-high payroll and a luxury-tax bill of $29.3 million. The Chicago Bulls, at $1 billion, are the NBA's third billion-dollar team. Four years of league-leading attendance and control of player costs have turned the Bulls into a solid cash cow.

Kobe Bryant was the top earning NBA player last season, pulling in $64.5 million in salary and endorsements, followed by LeBron James ($61 million), Derrick Rose ($38.6 million) and Kevin Durant ($31.8 million).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also 38.6 million while not playing basketball. Man where did I go wrong?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Also 38.6 million while not playing basketball. Man where did I go wrong?

$1 Billion dollar organization and the best they can do is add Mike Dunleavy Jr. during the offseason. :pity:

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
The Bulls had $52 Million in profits last season.........Wow.

Liked Posts:
I was watching the report on Fox Sports 1 and buddy was HATING HARD on this because the team that the man of his wet dreams belonged to was only #7. Lmao.

I was surprised to see the Knicks as #1 but they are a New York team and remember this, JR, Gar and Pax can be irritating at times, but at least we're not Knicks fans.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I was watching the report on Fox Sports 1 and buddy was HATING HARD on this because the team that the man of his wet dreams belonged to was only #7. Lmao.

I was surprised to see the Knicks as #1 but they are a New York team and remember this, JR, Gar and Pax can be irritating at times, but at least we're not Knicks fans.

Yeah, it's downright criminal what Knicks management/ownership has done to that team. They are the Cubs of the NBA.