Bulls Beat #122 top of the draft prospects

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Nice cover on the new pod Dougy Fresh. I was at the Oak Hill vs. Simeon game two years ago - before I moved up north - and Brandon Jennings couldn't handle Derrick Rose. He basically carved up all their players by getting to the basket as if it was some type of skill challenge. No one could stop Rose and Jennings was idle the whole game. He was crying about fouls that in his mind wasn't committed. It was awful.

Jennings: He's the second coming of Iverson.
Rubio: To me, and this is my personal opinion, his shot and play-making ability brings Kidd to mind. I can't compare him to Nash or Pistol because his shot isn't there.

Thabeet: Soccer really benefited him because his coordination could be worse. The dude is going to be a stud with OJ Mayo. His agility will create problems, along with his defensive mastery. I can see Gasol playing bigs like Howard why Thabeet - whom isn't strong yet - with descend shots help-side.

Griffin: Eventually he'll be a pre-injured Stoudemire. He'll develop the shot. His natural position is PF but his game should transcend to the perimeter too. Which would allow him to play SF.

Harden: He'll be a combo Guard at the next level, similar to Brandon Roy. He'll be the most clutch player when people look back on this draft.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
Nice cover on the new pod Dougy Fresh. I was at the Oak Hill vs. Simeon game two years ago - before I moved up north - and Brandon Jennings couldn't handle Derrick Rose. He basically carved up all their players by getting to the basket as if it was some type of skill challenge. No one could stop Rose and Jennings was idle the whole game. He was crying about fouls that in his mind wasn't committed. It was awful.

While they may be the case for that particular game I remember watching the McDonald's All-American game and he looked pretty damn good. From what I can recall he seemed like a pretty good prospect then he did win a national high school player of the year award. He didn't have elite athleticism but it was pretty good for a point guard including a good first step, which when combined with his handles allowed him to get by his man frequently. He was excellent in transition and I think that was the main reason people were high on him coming out of high school.

One thing about Jennings going overseas is I thought it would discourage others from doing the same but now Jeremy Tyler is going overseas to play and forgoing his senior year of high school to do so. By all accounts Jennings hurt himself by going overseas but still someone followed, although maybe it was just Jennings and others will do alright. But I still wonder if the two years worth of checks Tyler is going to get enough to counterbalance damage done to his draft stock and is it even worth the risk?

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
MADman24 wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

While they may be the case for that particular game I remember watching the McDonald's All-American game and he looked pretty damn good. From what I can recall he seemed like a pretty good prospect then he did win a national high school player of the year award. He didn't have elite athleticism but it was pretty good for a point guard including a good first step, which when combined with his handles allowed him to get by his man frequently. He was excellent in transition and I think that was the main reason people were high on him coming out of high school.

One thing about Jennings going overseas is I thought it would discourage others from doing the same but now Jeremy Tyler is going overseas to play and forgoing his senior year of high school to do so. By all accounts Jennings hurt himself by going overseas but still someone followed, although maybe it was just Jennings and others will do alright. But I still wonder if the two years worth of checks Tyler is going to get enough to counterbalance damage done to his draft stock and is it even worth the risk?

True. But, remember that it was a AllStar game. When the pressure got against him mounted, the guy totally disappeared. Oak Hill was ranked 1 and Simeon was somewhere low. Rose wasn't having it and he put Jennings in his place. Plus, I think he had Tyreke Evans on his squad it wasn't a real game too.