Bulls Beat #126 - The final bullsbeat

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
answer emails, that may help, or put on a judge robe and mediate some of the arguments on this site....that would be interesting. That is if you feel the show is being redundant.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I'm starting to rethink canceling the show and instead trying to go to a more every two weeks type schedule than an every week. I've gotten a much greater than expected outpouring of email of people saying how depressed they were that it was ending. It made me consider that having the show, even if it's largely a repeat of data from my blog, still offers something due to the medium that the blog doesn't.

My god you are so Brett Farve...i take away my condolences :)

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
engies wrote:
Damn! thanks for the show I love it and will miss it. thank god for this forum, this site, your blog & thank god for Kush, Mark & Fred!

We will do our best to pick up the slack engies!

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Good decision not to cancel it, and just make it more spaced out. Bulls Beat is such a great show. I've been listening to it for a long, long time.

And it's not a bad thing to mimic the best quarterback ever ; )

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Say it aint so, I just started to listen a few weeks ago and now you cut me off?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
You have to do one more to at least go back to the original intro. :)

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
No offense Doug but I hate your blog lol. It took you away from this great board you helped create and now your amazing podcast.

Medianotzu

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I'm starting to rethink canceling the show and instead trying to go to a more every two weeks type schedule than an every week. I've gotten a much greater than expected outpouring of email of people saying how depressed they were that it was ending. It made me consider that having the show, even if it's largely a repeat of data from my blog, still offers something due to the medium that the blog doesn't.

:woohoo:

Seriously, even though you talk about many of the same things on the blog and the podcast, it's not as if the podcast is redundant. And as mentioned, answering e-mails or talking about some of the board debates goes a long way also. You might even get a little more into the NBA in general on the podcast (although I realize you've avoided doing this in the past) just because I'm sure there are many myopic Bulls fans who'd like to know more about your take on teams we're up against, myself included. In fact I often wonder what your take is on guys around the NBA, because I know you pay attention to stats and I really don't so much, not do I watch hardly any non-Bulls games.

DASMACKDOWN

Liked Posts:
Doug dont miss the essence on why we like the show. I dont think that everyone really cares if you have new info all the time. For me its just the coolness of hearing another die hard Bulls fan rant about stuff. So even if its just an echo of what you have already written, its still nice to hear.

And Doug you cant just walk away like that. You got a following now, worldwide! What about the people! What about the children! :)

No seriously, I understand about juggling life with time. But I hope your retirement is like Jordan's first retirement. Meaning hope to see you back soon.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!!!!!