Bulls Beat #128

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Oh so quite indeed DT. I need to get off my butt and do a RWTB myself. Maybe I can talk about the schedule for 30 min? Or some more Ben Gordon talk eh? B)

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Great analysis on the team offense Doug. I agree he has to make some form of the changes you mentioned to free up Rose. Hopefully with Ben being gone it will force him to change it up. Its funny but to me it doesn't seem like he pushed the fast break too much last year. I think that Rose and Gordon pushed the ball on their own it didn't seem like the coaching staff was emphasizing pushing the tempo. This year they should really try to run after opponents made baskets and get Rose and Thomas out in the open floor. Then if we get stopped our offense has to have more movement just like you said in the podcast DT. The Bulls are young and athletic so running and movement should be a constant.

I also don't see why Tyrus can't fit in a Tyson Chandler in New Orleans type roll. Chandler is not the smartest player in the world there is no reason why Tyrus can't be that type of player. Also Tyrus has a much better shot than Chandler. I think it is the coaching staffs fault so far developing TT more than Tyrus being boneheaded. This isn't rocket science it is basketball and its up to the coaches to figure out how to use him. Your telling me they are benching one of the best shot blockers and athletes in the league? You can't find a place for that player?

I do think that VDN did ok with Rose although someone else had to come down and tell him to play him in the 4th, which scared me a bit. This year I will be very critical of him though. He has "his" team, the core of Gordon, Hinrich, Deng is finally gone after all these years. It is now the Derrick Rose team, so he has to do a good job. There is no reason why this team should miss the playoffs. They should finish 4th or 5th. Unfortunately I feel it was Paxson's trade and the talent that Chicago had that led us to the playoffs last year. I feel like Vinny will really let us down this year and the Bulls will stumble into the playoffs or miss them all together. Sorry but Vinny really hasn't given me any reason to actually have confidence in him when 75% of all coaches suck in this league and he hasn't done anything to stand out from the others.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bulls really have the personnel to run the fastbreak. You have Derrick Rose and James Johnson, and that's it. The word inept comes to mind when thinking about Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng, and Tyrus Thomas in terms of the fastbreak.

The Bulls actually just got rid of one of the best fastbreak players in the league in Gordon.