Bulls could get all of Lebron, Bosh and Wade?

collisrost

Liked Posts:
I've been thinking about ways to get the "Miami superteam" of Lebron, Bosh and Wade in Chicago. And I think there might be a way.

The trick is to use the salary cap as your friend. As it stands, the Bulls have the cap room to offer two of those players just slightly less than max deals. Well here's the trick I think we could pull...

First, we could trade away James Johnson for cap space and sign two of them, say Lebron and Wade, to the max or just under, depending on where the salary cap sits. So far this is our existing plan. Nothing creative yet.

But now the trick: After you sign the two superstars, you're right at the cap. Sign one minimum level free agent (for the sake of the argument, say we sign Byars). Now we're well and truly over the cap.

Being over the cap is good. We can make a trade using the 25% + 100,000 rule for matching salary. If you put Luol Deng and Taj Gibson's salaries together, you'll get a total of $ 12,462,680. Multiply that by 1.25, add 100,000, and we can take back $15,678,350 in salary, which is once again just below the max. So we could give Bosh a 6 year deal in a sign and trade starting at that salary.

This would require everyone to take a small paycut, but not a large one. I think it's a bit of creative financing that might actually be possible.

The other option is to pretty much do the same thing except do the sign and trade for someone else like David Lee. In Lee's case Deng's salary by itself would be enough to make the trade work, so we could get rid of both Gibson and Johnson, offer Lebron and Wade the absolute max, then sign a minimum guy to get over the salary cap and do the sign and trade. No paycut for anyone.

I'm convinced this would work. Capolo9gists, is anything I'm proposing illegal? I think not.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow...so much thought. I wonder if that's actually possible...

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn this would be the first team in NBA history with a real chance to win all 82 games!

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I said this as soon as the big 3 together in Miami thing started up: if the guys want to play together Chicago makes more sense. It can happen, but it'll require the cap to be higher than initial estimates or some pay cuts.

I don't think the 72 win season would be under threat next year, we'd have nothing on the bench at all, so we'd probably lose a few games while we rest our starters. Having our starting 5 fresh to play 40 minutes a game in the playoffs would be what matters.

flipcyde23

Liked Posts:
This would be amazing....think about it, 4 NBA East All-Stars in your starting line up. It wouldn't even be fair. I would love to see this happen. I don't want to be too greedy though. I will honestly be happy if we land one of thes three. If we land two I will be ecstatic. All 3? I'll reinact the celebration of MJ's shot on Ehlo jumping in the air and fist pumping...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I think you sign Wade and Lebron, and then give up Joakim Noah to get the Raptors to take Luol Deng. It'd suck giving up Noah, but we'd still have Gibson as a sixth man, and we would have a 1-2-3-4 punch of Rose, Wade, Lebron, Bosh.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I don't see it as likely at all. I think two s the best unless they take a pay cut.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Of course it's not likely, but it's maybe a 1.7% chance, so you never know. ;)

TheStig

Liked Posts:
lol only us bulls fan get so excited about 1.7% chance.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TheStig wrote:
Why would anyone else? They haven't won the lottery with a 1.7% chance. :laugh:

TheStig

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Why would anyone else? They haven't won the lottery with a 1.7% chance. :laugh:

Didn't the bucks do it with an even worse slot a few years ago to get bogut?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:

I don't even think it's a 1.7% chance really. But so long as you're not taking it too seriously, why not dream big? :)

Dc773

Liked Posts:
Whatever you do, don't give up Noah or Gibson in a sign-and-trade for Bosh.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Dc773 wrote:

I think Gibson is expendable when you are bringing in a allstar who plays 36mpg at his position.

Dc773

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Dc773 wrote:

I think Gibson is expendable when you are bringing in a allstar who plays 36mpg at his position.

I don't know. Bosh is iight. He's not better than Gibson.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Dc773 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dc773 wrote:

I see, perhaps Bron isn't better than Deng either and we are just a bit disturbed?

Dc773

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Dc773 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dc773 wrote:

I see, perhaps Bron isn't better than Deng either and we are just a bit disturbed?

Perhaps Sarcastic? No, seriously, I would inferring that Bosh has the leverage. So, obviously, there's no need to give up Gibson. I know Bosh is better. I was just kiddin.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Dc773 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dc773 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dc773 wrote:

Perhaps Sarcastic? No, seriously, I would inferring that Bosh has the leverage. So, obviously, there's no need to give up Gibson. I know Bosh is better. I was just kiddin.

Ah, I see, but we do have to give them something in a s&t. Bosh doesn't seem like he wants to leave 30 mill on the table and likely won't get another full max deal like Bron would after this deal.

Dc773

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Dc773 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dc773 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dc773 wrote:

Ah, I see, but we do have to give them something in a s&t. Bosh doesn't seem like he wants to leave 30 mill on the table and likely won't get another full max deal like Bron would after this deal.

Gosh, I hate to see Gibson leave, such a warrior. But as you were saying, in regards to Toronto, I don't see them cooperating with him no time soon. I thought the communication was off between the two parties?

[video type=youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CpCmrc4LZq0&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CpCmrc4LZq0&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/video]

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Toronto is bluffing, they'd much rather get something rather than nothing. Gibson, James Johnson and a pick is about as good of package as they can get.

Those two have been joined at the hip since they share the same agent and want to play together.