CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
you do realize Rose was 2nd on that Memphis team in scoring in his lone freshman season, right? And he took 11 shots per game...which was 1 fewer than Chris Douglass Roberts, Memphis’ leading scorer that season. Rose was always a scorer.
I just think people have this old school notion that PGs must always be pass first players, and they just keep holding onto it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
agreed. I remember 3-4 years ago, whenever Portis was a rookie...people on here thought he was some future all star from scoring bursts occasionally. That one never came close to fruition. If niko is a busboy at dirks table...Portis was the homeless guy that niko gave dirks leftovers to after work
Niko was soft. He played pretty good for the Pels when he came over, but he was mentally soft. He was everything yall were saying. Dirk was never soft. Sure, he wasnt going to bang on the boards all game but he was mentally tough. He battled.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Niko was soft. He played pretty good for the Pels when he came over, but he was mentally soft. He was everything yall were saying. Dirk was never soft. Sure, he wasnt going to bang on the boards all game but he was mentally tough. He battled.
Would you say he had a "warrior spirit"?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I just think people have this old school notion that PGs must always be pass first players, and they just keep holding onto it.

im guilty of that to an extent. I do believe in having someone on the court that gets guys where they need to be, and knows how to get the ball where it needs to go in the offense. That said, it doesn’t HAVE to be the Pg that does that, and it doesn’t mean they HAVE to be a pass first player. Just usually is. I also tend to believe in having that distributor be someone that takes care of the ball.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Gar%2BForman%2Bnervous.gif

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
you do realize Rose was 2nd on that Memphis team in scoring in his lone freshman season, right? And he took 11 shots per game...which was 1 fewer than Chris Douglass Roberts, Memphis’ leading scorer that season. Rose was always a scorer.
11 shots a game in 40 minutes? When he was playing 1 on 5 here he was taking 30 and his assists went from 7 to 3..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
you dont let Pax leave now..let them do their thing then you cut ties. you don't think Paxson knows the plans long term?

All you are doing is saying it was all Gar's fault, so if Paxson is so powerful, so mind blowing important to basketball operations, why didn't he fire him?
This is was will never allow me to believe that Gar was just there to take the blame for Paxsons moves.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
11 shots a game in 40 minutes? When he was playing 1 on 5 here he was taking 30 and his assists went from 7 to 3..

ummm 40min a game? You on crack? He played 29 min a game and was on an elite team, so there was other shooters on the team still. Like I said, he was 2nd on the team in shots per game, just one behind the leader of the team. Continue the narrative that rose wasn’t a shooter before the nba all you want...it’s just false as fuck

edit - for the record...I lived in Memphis at the time, and went to the university of Memphis....you sure you wanna die on this hill?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
How come pax never gets fired? is he the ted phillips of the bulls or something?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
All you are doing is saying it was all Gar's fault, so if Paxson is so powerful, so mind blowing important to basketball operations, why didn't he fire him?
This is was will never allow me to believe that Gar was just there to take the blame for Paxsons moves.
you got me backwards homie. pax took the heat for GAR, Gar is J.R & M.R's BBF.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How come pax never gets fired? is he the ted phillips of the bulls or something?
this is the thing both the bulls and the bears have in common, trust me i'm baffled too. like Pax, Teddy probably knows too much. like a girlfriend who knows you did some bad shit and you cant let her just bounce. Instead, you keep her in check.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I know Nazr really wants the job, but this one makes the most sense.

Finley should be the guy. That would be a big hire. Wonder if Nazr would take a different role? Bulls FO has been small over the years. Other teams have a ton of people in the FO.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm sure he would be open to taking some role, I imagine.
I dunno, seems like a step down from where he ultimately wants to be. Frankly, I just threw that out there because the more Assistant GM positions you have, the less and less it actually means anything.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
ummm 40min a game? You on crack? He played 29 min a game and was on an elite team, so there was other shooters on the team still. Like I said, he was 2nd on the team in shots per game, just one behind the leader of the team. Continue the narrative that rose wasn’t a shooter before the nba all you want...it’s just false as fuck

edit - for the record...I lived in Memphis at the time, and went to the university of Memphis....you sure you wanna die on this hill?

How about just want to have a conversation. Die on this hill? Is that all conversations are now?

I found the stats, go from 11 shots a "game" to 8-10 shots a quarter. If someone got a hot hand he only took 6 shots or so a quarter to get to 25 a "game". Go from almost 8 assists per game to 3.

I guess I am dying on this hill.